PDA

View Full Version : What a day

Oncas
28-08-2007, 03:37 AM
Saturday i gets a phone call from my father in law who is heavily involved with Brooklands Museum, he asks me if i can do the museum a favour and transport 2 bikes to dunsfold {where they film topgear} for a show, in return he can get me free entry into the show and track time to play.
Turned up at the museum and i was introduced to Nick {top fella} and started to load a classic bike into my van, the bike was a Grindlay Peerless {never heard of it}, Nick starts to tell me the history 14 titles of land speed, fastest vehicle around the circuit before it closed etc etc, my next question was 'what is it worth' well pick me up and slap me with a smelly pair of knickers when he replied £1million, fuck me, that bike in my shitty van.

We got to Dunsfold unloaded the van and off i trot to get my Gixer Tho fighter, 5 runs of the track 1st run 160mph, 2nd run 172mph, third run 162mph and nearly flipped it in 3rd at about 110, 4th run 175mph and the final run........Fan fare please 178MPH:D fuck was i happy, i reckon you could hear me screamin in Oz, we where meant to go out again and i has hopin to crack 180 but they ran out of time, would like to say that i had great time, top show, classic bikes & cars, modern bikes & cars plus stunts from the Starboyz {to rehearsed}and some smaller out of control but more entertaining teams and air show including the Red Arrows {top fellas}

cavey
28-08-2007, 06:30 AM
Mate I bet you drove carefully with that in the back!!
What was you riding on, an old airstrip?
Nearly flipping in third! I bet you the bikes propper brown now!!

spart666
28-08-2007, 06:32 AM
sounds like you had fun mate:)

sharky
28-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Dunsfold is an old aerodrome...or at least thats where top gear is filmed, I think.
Years ago (about 20) you could go there at w/e's to play drag racers...I grew up about 5 miles away from it.

Gix11
28-08-2007, 03:57 PM
You lucky bastard Oncas. That sounds like a top day out mate.

Jockney Rebel
28-08-2007, 05:13 PM
wicked mate jammy bastard

Oncas
29-08-2007, 05:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by cavey

Mate I bet you drove carefully with that in the back!!
What was you riding on, an old airstrip?
Nearly flipping in third! I bet you the bikes propper brown now!!

25mph all the way......he had a gun at me head in case i did a runner

You would love it, we should go there at a weekend and play, its 1 1/2 mile straight with a twisty run back, the straight is a bit bumpy.

No i didnt literally shit meself, only because me sphincter was stuck to the seat trying to hold on, frightened the fuck out of 2 ducati boys behind me, they thought i was going over, back at the paddock they asked me if i done it on purpose cos it looked that good, i was dying to say yes.... but i was visually shaking and they would have known that i was lying[:I]

cavey
29-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Is that where they have the circuit the stig goes mental on? I'd love to have a run round that:) but the straight would be cool on it's own!

Oncas
01-09-2007, 07:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by cavey

Is that where they have the circuit the stig goes mental on? I'd love to have a run round that:) but the straight would be cool on it's own!

Thats the one