View Full Version : Pic of the 2008 Moto GP World Champion

TurboKat
02-02-2008, 07:24 AM
This is what happens when you twist the throttle on a ZXR [^]
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/446322219107618.jpg

rod185651
02-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Anthony West: #13: 106 Laps - 1'31.957
"These last two weeks have been a tough introduction to pre-season testing for me. After the wrist operation in December, I knew I wasn't going to have the training time that I probably needed, but I was surprised at just how physically demanding I've found these two tests. And when you start to tire on the bike, it makes concentrating on the evaluation process with whatever component, setting or tyre you're testing all the more difficult. So yes, it's been hard, but it's also been really productive. We've spent a lot of time working on identifying a good base set-up on the bike, and we've definitely made some progress there, but there's still more work to do before the start of the season. Obviously, I'm disappointed that my lap times weren't what I was aiming for here in Phillip Island, but I'm sure they would have been better if I'd come here closer to full fitness. I just need to make sure I'm better prepared for the Jerez test, where I'll be aiming to get a lot closer to the top of the timesheet. If achieving this means moving into the local gym for the next two weeks then that's exactly what I'll do!"

Michael Bartholemy: Kawasaki Competition Manager
"I think Anthony's had a bit of a wake up call over the past two weeks. He did a good job coming into the team midway through last season and scoring points on a bike he'd never ridden before, but now he's learning just how much work goes into developing a factory MotoGP bike like the Ninja ZX-RR ahead of the first race. He's been hampered by the wrist operation he had in December, but I think even he'd admit that he underestimated just how hard testing was going to be physically. Now we need to look at his training program over the coming weeks, to ensure he's at least approaching full fitness for the Jerez and Qatar tests. Hopefully we'll also have John back for Jerez, but we'll know more when he's had the chance to consult with his doctor in San Francisco on Monday. The injury is not serious, but it's one that could cause ongoing problems if it isn't treated properly now."

Thought I would add some quotes from this site http://www.kawasaki-motogp.com/press/index.asp?saction=Article&sSection=press&id=1006

Cheers Rod

LKC73
02-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I looking forward to the new MotoGP in 08. There are a lot of aussies this year on the track, so it will make it all that more worth watching. I my even consider getting foxtel this year just to watch it live.

BANDITROD
02-02-2008, 08:22 PM
yeah hes alright cos he is an aussie i can forgive him for riding that shit you would think someone would have offered him a decent deal by now. like suzuki for one

oldskool
02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Turbo that looks like an angry bickyed out disco bunnie

WATEVR
03-02-2008, 08:15 PM
even better was that his final time was quicker than hopper!!

chris v 5th fastest, going to be a great year.

zx12argh
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
thats a gorgeous looking bike - fairings and all :D

sickboy
04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
anyone hear whats happening with Westy's old man after his punch up at P Island last year?