PDA

View Full Version : efi and new can[s]

Jockney Rebel
28-08-2007, 01:03 AM
so im a fuel inj virgin [at least on bikes anyway ] if i change the cans on the Triple to freer flowin ones [read noisyer] lol
what do i have to do about the fueling , how do i go about remapping it etc any suggestions gratefully recieved:D

Watto
28-08-2007, 10:17 AM
jim

generally have two options with the trumpy mate as the ecu is prgrammable - take it to a trumpy dealer and get them to install the performance tune for derestricted pipes (it is their high pipe tune) - it will be close but not perfect and cost is about $70 from memory

Other option is to buy tuneboy from Wayne Mcdonald in sydney - he wrote some software so that you can build your own maps from an existing and load them into your bikes computer - link to his site is www.tuneboy.com.au

you can also go the power commander route as well but as the ECU is programmable no real need to

Cheers
Watto

Jockney Rebel
28-08-2007, 05:16 PM
cheers watto mate ..... ill sort that out sounds like fun

latheboy
28-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Your best bet would be put it on a dyno with the old cans do a power run then swap them on the spot and do another power run .. Most ECU's will alter the AFR as you go .. Same goes with air pods verse's air box's ... Thats just my thoughts .. i love dyno's cause they dont lie .. well my one doesnt :D;)