PDA

View Full Version : cambelltown nsw

sfoc711uk
28-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Anybody on here live in cambelltown nsw,or anyone tell me what its like and the areas around it.
Should be out that way about the end of june.

jakam04
28-01-2008, 10:11 AM
When you hear shooting.... get down...lol

Seemed to be a very highly asian populated area last time I was down that way years ago :D

J

Cruisecontrol
28-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Avoid it.

I lived there a while back and it is a shithole.

Zbike
28-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Lol its all relative, compared to the rest of sydney its a bit of a whole.
Compared to england it might be dandy
woudnt worry about the asains the lebs and the feral bogans get nasty somtimes

rod185651
28-01-2008, 12:35 PM
You have to learn the local lingo such as "Thats Fully Sick Bro". Its got a bad reputation but if you pick a decent suburb, ensure you have a lockable garage, burgular alarm, big fence with one or two German Shephards or Rottweillers you will have no hassels. Its South West of Sydney and if you work in the city its not to bad for travel you just jump on the M5 freeway and it takes you practically all the way to the city. Seriously I would never live there and I currently live at Maroubra Beach which is so notorious they made a movie about it.
cheers Rod

pt
28-01-2008, 12:42 PM
yeah cambelltown is quite a way from the city, maybe 1 hour by car on a good day, AGES on public transport. try for somewhere a bit closer in, or a bit further north east. but it depends if you want to be near sydney or not?

Jockney Rebel
28-01-2008, 08:48 PM
ud be better off up here on the coast... just as far but nicer ...seriuosly tho i hear Camdens better

Cruisecontrol
28-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Gosford is just Campbelltown by the sea...

dazz
28-01-2008, 09:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Gosford is just Campbelltown by the sea...

Tell your wog and slope neighbours to turn thier subwoofers off at the end of the freeway mate:D

Campbelltown by the see be fucked. We have an age minimum of 14 before our girls can get in the family way up here thankyou.;) Very sufistikayted!

Jockney Rebel
28-01-2008, 09:33 PM
well said Dazzmond......

sfoc711uk
04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Cheers guys,Ive been told there are some good suburbs but by what your saying i guess you still get the scum paying you a visit.

Suburbs ive been told to look at-
Blair athol
Mt Annan
Bradbury
Ingleburn
Glen Alpine,

Suburbs ive been told to avoid like the plague,
Claymore
Airds
Rosemeadow
Ambervale
St helens park.

If the hole place is a shithole then is living on the coast within reach of campbelltown to commute.
If this cant work then i might have to see if i will be able to work and live in a different area of Sydney.

Jockney Rebel
04-02-2008, 04:51 PM
seroiusly come up here itas a bit like bournemouth with sunshine

sfoc711uk
05-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Whereabouts are you again bud,as for bournemouth ive never been there so i wouldnt have a clue.Born and bred in yorkshire so used to the wide open spaces.
Campbelltown is where ive been offered a job and my only other possible places to work will be around Kogarah or lane cove.

qickdraw
05-02-2008, 08:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by sfoc711uk

Whereabouts are you again bud,as for bournemouth ive never been there so i wouldnt have a clue.Born and bred in yorkshire so used to the wide open spaces.
Campbelltown is where ive been offered a job and my only other possible places to work will be around Kogarah or lane cove.

It really depends on how deep your wallet is, man! I've lived in all 3 areas in the last 15 years..
Bottom of the heap is Campelltown (it's no coincidence that whenever there is a news report of a stabbing, shooting or rape it usually starts with 'in Sydneys South West....'), although Mt Annan and Camden are nice (they are further out than Campelltown).
I live near Lane Cove at the moment and although the crime rate is lower the lifestyle is fucked - especially if you're used to open spaces (I was a Yorkshire lad b4 I came out here, too - Armthorpe). The traffic gives you a headache every day and the amount of can't-drive-asian-fucktards in BMW's makes you want to start shooting. Oh, and real estate is waaaaay over-priced.
Kogarah is full of wogs, lebo's and asians - but it's right next to 'God's Country' Sutherland Shire. This area has awesome beaches (Cronulla riots, anyone? No lebs here Officer!), great rides (Loftus to Stanwell and back out to Heathcote was my Saturday morning coffee run for years... yeehaa!), hot chicks (met my now-wife at a band audition in Engadine), decent nightlife (Northy's, Coyote's, Carmens etc.) and real estate is not too bad as it's far enough away from the city centre. If you get a place around Engadine/Heathcote then Campelltown is only 45 mins away down Heathcote Rd, so you could still work there quite easily but not have to live there. The area has plenty of open spaces and house blocks are larger on average.

Of course, that's all subjective. Someone will proably respond with exactly the opposite opinion and tell me I'm full of shit, but there ya go....:)

papa smurf
05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by qickdraw

It really depends on how deep your wallet is, man! I've lived in all 3 areas in the last 15 years..
Bottom of the heap is Campelltown (it's no coincidence that whenever there is a news report of a stabbing, shooting or rape it usually starts with 'in Sydneys South West....'), although Mt Annan and Camden are nice (they are further out than Campelltown).
I live near Lane Cove at the moment and although the crime rate is lower the lifestyle is fucked - especially if you're used to open spaces (I was a Yorkshire lad b4 I came out here, too - Armthorpe). The traffic gives you a headache every day and the amount of can't-drive-asian-fucktards in BMW's makes you want to start shooting. Oh, and real estate is waaaaay over-priced.
Kogarah is full of wogs, lebo's and asians - but it's right next to 'God's Country' Sutherland Shire. This area has awesome beaches (Cronulla riots, anyone? No lebs here Officer!), great rides (Loftus to Stanwell and back out to Heathcote was my Saturday morning coffee run for years... yeehaa!), hot chicks (met my now-wife at a band audition in Engadine), decent nightlife (Northy's, Coyote's, Carmens etc.) and real estate is not too bad as it's far enough away from the city centre. If you get a place around Engadine/Heathcote then Campelltown is only 45 mins away down Heathcote Rd, so you could still work there quite easily but not have to live there. The area has plenty of open spaces and house blocks are larger on average.

Of course, that's all subjective. Someone will proably respond with exactly the opposite opinion and tell me I'm full of shit, but there ya go....:)

You're fuckin spot on actually.
Although i now live in brisbane, I grew up in Loftus & went to school in Engadine spending most of my youth on the beaches of Cronulla.
Aaaaaaah the memories.
I also spent some time in Campbelltown some years later & my eldest daughter & her partner live there now with my grandkids.
Yeah it's a shithole but it's all relative, like has been said, rents etc are cheaper & a couple of good dogs & keep ya head down ya should be ok.
"The Shire" woud be my pick though & close enough to commute, i actualy did it in the other direction, lived in Campbelltown & rode to Miranda & back.
Great ride along Heathcote rd.

Billy Bob
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I have just moved from the Shire to Helensburgh nice little country town only five minutes ride to the beaches and bikers heaven the Royal National Park its only half an hour to Kogarah and about the same to Campbelltown via Appin rd, you will have all the open space you need here, The country pubs are fuckin unreal, so many places to choose from if you want to go for a feed or a piss up, Helensburgh is far enough away from the hustle and bustle and feels like your on holidays but close enough to everything you need. Good Luck

Tony Nitrous
05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I know nothing of this area,
but I heard a rumour they have winters down South!

Sod that.

Bear
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
The beaches are less populated down south, Tony. And the winters are very short.

If you want even more space or a country style of living, just cross the otherside of the M5 motorway from Cambletown (it's like a natural divide) is Camden and surrounding areas that offer some great country, affordable houses with a well known biker pub at Picton down the road.

Earth google it.

Qikdraw is on the money. I spent a few years in Kogarah and am now putting up with loud and cheap, 4 cylinder, doof doof car processions driven by pita bread eaters in and around Roselands. :(

Soo many wankers in only a few suburbs. It must have been poor schooling...

pt
05-02-2008, 09:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by qickdraw

spot on stu. out of those three choices i would pick kogarah. live in the shire though, not too far a drive. although living in the shire and commuting to campbelltown is a very good option too. lane cove has too much traffic, heaps of people and too close to fucking mosman.:)

sfoc711uk
08-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Hey qikdraw was that armthorpe doncaster you lived then,Im in otley on the edge of north yorkshire so if you know where that is then you will know its open countryside for miles and miles,and it starts about 100yards away at the end of my street.
shit hot roads for the bikes,you might have even heard of the wharfedale TT.

so you reckon to look at sutherland shire,engadine and heathcote.
Got kids coming too so its gotta be good for them.

Billy Bob
08-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Mate you will love this area "Gods country" not to far from everything from shopping for the missus to bike riding for yourself, and even horse riding for the kiddies, everything at your doorstep.

sfoc711uk
10-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Billy bob are you talking about sutherland shire,Engadine and heathcote.

Weaselman
10-02-2008, 07:41 PM
aww christ not the bloody shire...

Southern highlands mate closer to the best riding around here.
but a tad cold at times

qickdraw
11-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah man, it was Doncaster. Sutho (local slang for Sutherland Shire) will not disappoint you for sure. Take a look at Google Earth (or maps) and you'll see that Engadine/Heathcote are at the southern edge of the Sutherland Shire region. From there you've got a direct run into the National Park for an awesome Sunday ride and plenty of beaches nearby for the kiddies, too.

Billy Bob
11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah mate thats the place, like Stu said it will not disappoint,everything here and not to far away from southern highlands.