PDA

View Full Version : road worthy this week

alfiestorm
27-08-2007, 11:59 AM
The time has come for my bike to go for it's road worthy inspection this Thursday 30th Aug at 9am. It's about time too I am hanging for a ride

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/276452954116003.jpg

Docktor
27-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Thay aint gunna pass that mate, It is illegal to have GOLD bar ends on a tuf bike,(holy crap its got gold blinkers too !!) Tho if u ever wanna get rid of that damper , I'm ya man. It must be a foot long.

WATEVR
27-08-2007, 05:30 PM
good luck with it stu i guess this means i need to pull my finger out and get the bike back on the road!!!

EFE 1230
27-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi mate,very clean! You might get knocked back on the rear indicators not being the required distance apart. What can is on it? I would put a stockie on it if you can or tack weld a half circle 'restrictor' in front of the muffler.The "inspectors" are paper trained only so if it is required on paper it's the LAW!! If it's a police inspection they check the numbers, and basic roadworthy ie tyres,lights,mirrors (must have 2) and oil leaks. Good luck! If your interested in going for a fang this weekend let me know I'm in northern suburbs, leave early sun morning (8am) for Strath run. Cheers Mike

cutcat
27-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Good luck 'ol boy.;)

gibbo
27-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Good luck Alfie, I reckon that should pass no worries

Gix11
27-08-2007, 09:23 PM
You'll fly it mate.

alfiestorm
27-08-2007, 10:23 PM
The standard indicators are going back on and the cobra pipe has the baffle from the viper can I bought off AuSFR (quickdraw)
I noticed there is a slight oil leak coming from the oil transfer tubes at the front of the engine or maybe the base gasket I have re torqued the head down in the hope it seals it, fuggin sods law it happens now.

EFE 1230
27-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Just spoke to a mate who took his XB falcon coupe to regency for inspection last week coppers SEIZED HIS CAR because the engine block was in a car stolen 25 years ago!!! Talk about sod's law! They reckon it could take up to 3 weeks before they work out who the block "belongs" to, until then it sits in lockup.

Jockney Rebel
28-08-2007, 12:59 AM
good luk stu mate just in time for summer mate nice one ...

cavey
28-08-2007, 06:36 AM
That looks well clean mate!
Is it like an mot your going for or is it more involved?

sharky
28-08-2007, 07:19 AM
As far as your oil leak, the Vic roadworthy bloke I use said that, as long as no oil dripped on the floor whilst he conducted the test, he wouldn't fail it.

alfiestorm
28-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks russ no oil drips on the floor so i hope the same applies in SA.

Hi Cavey yeah the bike used to fly through the MOT's in the uk, just worried about it going through it's road worthy here in Auss different country and all that plus I ain't ridden it for quite a few months now and if it dont pass then it's another week or two off the road and I am hanging to get on it and ride big time.
The road worthy test is just to see if it complies to aussie standards much like the MOT I suppose.
The bike only has to do it once and thats it no more yearly test's or MOT's it's upto the individual to keep it in good condition.
That applies here in South Australia but other states are different I think some of them have yearly inspections.

sharky
28-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I think I said before but basically a Uk MOT legal(ie not turning a blind eye to xyz) bike will pass. My wifes cbr400rrrrrr was spot on mot legal( typical of her [B)]) and the tester was fine...nothing needed doing.

cavey
29-08-2007, 06:36 AM
I like the sound of no yearly mot's, it would save me a fortune in back handers each year!

alfiestorm
30-08-2007, 02:53 PM
So there I was paid my money all $198 of it waiting for my bikes turn. Then the examiner signalled for me to come in to the inspection hall with the bike, it was a massive place with big semi trucks to one side buses and cars all around and me on my bike.
The examiner told me to ride to the end of the hall to the yellow ramp and on the way use the fron brake so it makes the front dip a little and the back so it makes the wheel lock momentery, well thats was the brakes tested then.
The lights with indicators brake lights and horn were all tested with the engine running and a look over the bike with his torch and that my friends was that I now have a road worthy ticket for my bike.
They have given me some extra numbers and letters to be stamped onto the begining of the existing frame number then it's off to be id checked and registered and then it's get some tarmac terrorism done.

I tell ya going into that place was like going for your test again very nerve racking but in the end it was a breeze

WATEVR
30-08-2007, 03:20 PM
getting closer mate you must nearly be pissing your panties!!! its times like these you need to be thankful your in SA, the hardest bit is the waiting!!

cutcat
30-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Sounds like more of a riding test than a Roadworthy Test!
Lucky you can ride Stu.:D

gibbo
30-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Shit Alfie, last time I had to go through that in Vic. I pulled up with the bike on the back of the ute and wandered inside, the hardest part was convincing the bloke it was a gsxr750 not a gsxr700, he came out and had a look, "do you want me to take it off the ute mate?" he says no, just read me the vin number because I can't read it. Job done!

alfiestorm
30-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I think the most fun part was riding the bike with no number plate and of course I kept to the speed limits :D

geesexar
31-08-2007, 07:04 AM
congrats alfie...the hard part is done...i was pissin my pants when i roadworthy'd the 7/11,,,id is easy...good old sth aus...get her on the road...cheers mate

alfiestorm
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
The bike is in for the ID check and registration tomorrow.

On the road again

Oh yeah forgot to mention that the oil leak that I had just before the roadworthy test has stopped since I re torqued everthing [8D]

Docktor
06-09-2007, 09:56 PM
That without a doubt is one of the honkiest seventy elevens i have ever seen. I would be a proud owner if i was you Stu. And have a fine ride with ya new aussie reg tomorrow mate.

Jockney Rebel
07-09-2007, 02:41 AM
well done my man ..btw im pissed me old mans got me on the single malt ....hhoo fukin ray..

alfiestorm
07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
All done bike is now fully legal on the road yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes I am now complete again

Cost of it was a bit harsh but hay it's m'a bike init $168 road worthy and $444 which includes ID check registration plate and a years rego and not forgetting customs and there import duty $500 sub total $1112 plus $1416 shipping fee from the uk final total $2528 or 1071 uk pounds.
Totally worth it I say considering the state of tune the bike is in plus upgraded running gear. If it was a standard bike I probably would not have bothered and sold it and bought one here.

zx12argh
07-09-2007, 12:15 PM
not too mention the fact just how tidy she looks mate.
Congrats and happy ridding!