PDA

View Full Version : Giday

StuNVA
17-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Lurked through a few times, thought I may as well join another forum. Ride an XB9R and am enjoying my time back in the saddle, maybe I'll start a project soon, I'm liking the 1050 triple sound and torque curve.

Large
17-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi Stu.

Post up a pic so we can tell where you're at.

btw do you know Trong Van Thuew?

He was NVA (or VC) back in the 60s but he wont admit to it any more.

:)

zx12argh
17-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome aboard mate.

BANDITROD
17-01-2008, 09:43 PM
welcome mate

Pab13
18-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Welcome aboard mate

Gix11
18-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Join the ever increasing Buell riding ASF members mate. Welcome aboard.

StuNVA
18-01-2008, 01:51 PM
The NVA stands for nothing anyone would be interested in, it's the initials of an archery club I'm in, i joined an archery forum and used that as my name because another member had Stu, I soon joined more forums and realised I couldnt remember all the bloody user names so just stuck to the one....as stupid as it sounds it does the trick for a man of limited grey matter like myself.

http://au.geocities.com/stu_oleo/BikeBig.jpg

This is my bike, race kitted, open air box, screen, ect ect and still going. Keep thinking about getting something else but it hooks me everytime I ride it, I dont think I'll ever be able to sell it, mind you that want stop me from buying other bikes though:D...I hope.

rod185651
18-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey Stu,
welcome from one newbie to another, understand what you are saying about user names,I have used 185651 since 1990.
cheers Rod

craig
19-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Welcome mate. Nice bike.

KATO ZX7
19-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the mad house Stu. Got a question, What u mean back in the saddle?
Have you been out of it?

Iceman
20-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Welcome aboard Stu.

STELF
20-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Welcome Stu! Nice ride mate;)

craig
16-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Si, Please help. When i go on line i can't get past my last post. In the forum i can see that there has been posts after mine but when i click on it, it takes me back to my last post and i'm loged in even if i didn't log in. Email me, if you reply to this i won't be able to access it, thanks.

Rocket
16-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Gidday StuNVA,
Nice Buell, I love those new fangled rim brakes.
My young bloke and I are Australian Bowhunters Assoc members and do a bit of field target shooting now and then.
We're both shooting barebow with PSE Compound bows and carbons, the young fella just stepped up to seniors.
Welcome aboard.

BillyWhizz888
16-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Welcome [8D] good to see another Buelligan :D

SV1000
19-02-2008, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Gidday StuNVA,
Nice Buell, I love those new fangled rim brakes.
My young bloke and I are Australian Bowhunters Assoc members and do a bit of field target shooting now and then.
We're both shooting barebow with PSE Compound bows and carbons, the young fella just stepped up to seniors.
Welcome aboard.

Gday Rocket Im also an ABA member
Have you been over here on the eastcoast for the Nationals???
StuNVA & I are in the same club
http://nvagunnedah.blogspot.com/
Check us out
Steve

JackTar
19-02-2008, 08:11 PM
You blokes have too much time on your hands.

StuNVA
20-02-2008, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Welcome to the mad house Stu. Got a question, What u mean back in the saddle?
Have you been out of it?

Yep rode between 83 and 90 but things got tight when a wife and kids entered the picture. Basically traded it all in on a pram and a mind numbing existance for a while.

Rocket
ABA, been shooting arrows for about 5 or 6 years now, will miss the Nationals this year for the first time in a few (doing the AFR instead) but will try and do all the regional ones in NNSW. Maybe we will catch up on one of those shoots. Where are you based (Perth hey, just learnt how to read a profile, doh). I shoot BHU, with an Elite Energy except when it breaks down like it did on the weekend, sweet bow, use it for hunting too.

Jockney Rebel
20-02-2008, 11:28 PM
welcome stu mate ..hey get rid of that yank and enjoy the pureness of a brit mate..ur right the triple does sound amazing and its a blast to ride

KATO ZX7
21-02-2008, 08:01 AM
You poor bugga!!
Its that way at my place too. Due to pop out a bub in 3 weeks, so i sold my ZX6 last Sunday. Not too worry, life wont be that bad, ive still got the ZX7 in the shed, or I'l pinch hubbys Triumph Speed triple. Much too my mothers disgust, when i was 4 months pregnant, instead of the prams cots etc, i bought another bike. Hahahaha.
You shouldnt have to sell your toys, but i appreciate the fella who looks after his woman.
Glad to see your back on two wheels mate !!!!

StuNVA
21-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Rebel
Will have a squirt on a Benelli Triple in a few weeks to compare with the Speed Triple when I finally get to find a demo one, NW NSW is a bike retail desert unless your into quad runners.

Kato
Selling the toys is like selling some of your personality I reckon, but you can always buy booze and remember when you had them. When your young you dont think you will ever grow older so when you hit 40 and you get a chance to open the eyes again you realise that all of a sudden you have more income than you did when you were 20, the ability to structure YOUR time better and all of a sudden the toys start to reappear, sept the only six pack I got now lives in the fridge.