PDA

View Full Version : Australia

cliff
16-01-2008, 07:23 PM
This may be a repost but i reckon its pretty good. It was emailed to me today.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.
Take It Or Leave It !
We are tired of
this nation worrying about whether we are
offending some individual or their
culture. Since the terrorist attacks on
Bali, we have experienced a surge in
patriotism by the majority of Australians.
However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled
when the "politically correct" crowd began
complaining about the possibility that our
patriotism was offending others. We are not
against immigration, nor hold a grudge
against anyone who is seeking a better
life by coming to Australia. This
idea of Australia being a multicultural
community has served only to dilute our
sovereignty and our national identity. As
Australians, we have our own culture, our own
society, our own language and our
own lifestyle.
This culture has been
developed over two centuries of struggles,
trials and victories by millions of men and
women who have sought freedom. We
speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese,
Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any
other language. Therefore, if you wish to
become part of our society,
Learn the language! Christian
principles, founded this nation,
and this is clearly documented. It
is certainly appropriate to display it on
the walls of our schools. If God offends
you, then we suggest you consider another
part of the world as your new home,
Because God is part of our culture.If
the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't
like " A Fair Go", then you should
seriously consider a move to another part
of this planet. We are happy with
our culture and have no desire to change,
And we really don't care how you did
things where you came from.If
you aren't happy here then fuck off! We
didn't force you to come here. You
asked to be here. So accept the country
YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you
think about it.

devo
16-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Now I am far from racist , infact I deal with all nationalities everyday and they are nice people to but hey if we move to thier country and try our way we would soon be told so 100% come to this country then live by this countries rules or quite simply fuck off back to where you came from and I think it is about time these spineless fucks in parlourment said something too AUSTRALIA I FUCKING SALUTE YOU.

Thruan
18-01-2008, 07:11 PM
i agree with everything in that, EXCEPT the religion thing... who the fuck cares that the ppl that founded aus were christians.. ppl should be free to chose what religion to follow, including school kids. i was raised christen, i was FORCED to go to chuch while at school. i was just 7 years old when my teachers were told to stop taking me to church, BY THE PASTOR because all i did was poke holes through all the shit he used to spew at the kids, trying to convince them that what he said was truth.. religion is forced into everyone everywhere anyway, it should NOT be, in, or have anything to do with our schools..

gibbo
18-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Our lifestyle has been influenced by other cultures since day one, that was when the entire population was black, then the white people came,from England the first immigrants.
Don't get me wrong I'm as proud as any of you to be an Aussie, but I am also willing to accept other people and cultures.
If you want people to get along you need to preach tolerance,and it must be practiced by everyone.
My best mate was born in Italy (RIP), one of the most honest and decent people I ever met is from Vietnam, the person that helped me most to learn my trade and therefore earned my utmost respect is an Aussie, and also gay. Three of the four biggest cunts I know are Aussie born and bred!
Sorry for getting on the high horse, friday night and I've had a couple:)

papa smurf
18-01-2008, 08:06 PM
No need to apologise Gibbo, you're dead right.
Thing is though that it HAS to cut both ways.
If they want to call me a skippy that's fine but expext to be called a fuckin rag head cunt in return.[:0]

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2008, 08:10 PM
ur dead right cliff
1..one of the reasons i left britian 3yrs ago was the fact that i was a 2ndclass citizen in my own country..
2.. im bloody grateful to be living in one of the most beautiful parts of the world amongst ppl who dont bullshit u and are willing to give you a chance providing u prove yourself [which is fair enough]
3..im ashamed and puzzled to have met a few brits who continue to moan about stuff here as if they had a god given right to bring all the shit, they proported to escape form ,here with them... beats me !!
4..im proud of my heritage it goes like this British by birth,Scottish by the grace of god , and Australian by choice

zx12argh
18-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Jimmy - I now pronounce you a full blooded Australian.
Stand proud and chuck another shrimp on the barbie [:p]

But seriously - I had to leave Australia for 2 years to see how good we have it here. We whinge about pollution but you never seen Nan Jing. We complain about multiculturalism and how its diluting Australia's heritage but you've never seen the rampant immigration in the UK. We complain about our pollies but fuck me the yanks have screwed themselves silly.

God bless Australia cause the rest of the world he's left to rot! :D

sharky
18-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm so patriotic...I left
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2964402622363.jpg

wackyrider
19-01-2008, 03:37 AM
As a foreigner I agree that this is a multicultural country and it is a beautiful country at that. I have found myself to be highly accepted by everyone in general, but i did come here by choice. Which means I came here cos I wanted to. I respect the culture and the language and don't try to impose my views on anyone.

Why else would have come here otherwise, would have stayed back on the bloody rock I call home (Malta) and have everyone talk about eachother behind my back, pay extremely high prices for motorbikes, pay a lot of road tax and ride on shit roads.

Nah, came here cos the people are laid back and roads are good.

Besides, english is my second language anyway.

Frankie
19-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Hurra!
I am always cautious with patriotism- It can lead to much worse things, if it reaches some minds...

One should look at familiarities instead of differences.

(In my experience, you are getting shafted in Australia, just like anywhere else in the world).

I reckon, that this idealism does not belong in a (international) motorcycle forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotism

ozkat
19-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I totally agree with the original statment, its not about patriotism or religion. Its about coming to live in Australia and fitting in with that Australian way of life.My 9 year old daughter couldnt even have xmas decorations up in here class room for fear of offending someone. That is BULLSHIT. Ever gone into shop and they wouldnt serve you because you are a white Australian? No? I didnt think so, but ive had it happen to me in Cabramatta in the mid 80s while i was in the army. If you dont like Australia or dont want to fit in with the Australian way of life FUCK OFF BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM. If you commit serious crimes here and your not an Australian citizen FUCK OFF BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM. They should put up the "We are full" signs at all airports anyway.

gibbo
19-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Should that "we are full" sign apply to all nationalities, or are we going to be selective? Plenty of poms on here,scotts too I think, considering our heritage I reckon there will be more than a few from Italy, Greece, New zealand etc, not to mention those that are online from fuck knows where as we speak.
The decision to ban xmas decos and christianity from schools is decided by politicians and or local commities, white Australians by a vast majority, you want to change it? Remember, this is still a democratic society, you want to change it? Feel free.

oldskool
19-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey Im also an expat but Im still dreaming of a White christmas