PDA

View Full Version : The Town Bike is for sale

Razorback
15-01-2008, 12:54 PM
But seriously...

I have bought yet another Kat and this one has to go. I am a realist and I only want $4500 for it. But be aware this is not the show bike you think it is. The guy that had it between me and Shayne the original builder screwed arounn with it way too much and it really needs some TLC now. It still looks just like the picture but here is the real story.

The good.... Its got a bloddy sweet motor and it goes really well... Its a head turner and when everything is working properly its quite a pleasure to ride. You wont need to paint it and that is always a big saving. The paint is 98% perfect and would only need $100 worth of touch ups if you even want to bother because the little dings are very un-noticeable.

The bad..... Its a rough diamond... it needs someone who genuinly wants a Kat project to take it on. It needs pulling down and doing again properly this time!! Something is definately screwy at the front end I agree... I have messed with handlebar positions and had the forks serviced and it is now 85% better than it was but still something is not right... I think youd need to take it to a suspension guru and take the advice your given....Frankly I just wasnt up to it mentally... I just couldnt be fagged...

So on the other hand Im not BS artist or a dreamer... I want $4500 for it and that is a very realistic deal for what it is. Id say whoever ends up with it is looking at $800 to get it on the road including a rear tyre. Then about $1500-$2000 to get it to a stage where you could have some pride in it. Email me if you care :)

The other bonus is.... I work for a transport company and I can get it shipped to almost anywhere for about $300 or if you can pick it up from Sunshine (Melb) $150 to get it to our depot there. Thats fully insured for travel.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/78557210472430.jpg

This is the description from the guy who built it... I havnt changed anything except had the forks serviced and a new back tyre.
This is a 1 of a kind bike with alot of money spent on it. GSX 1100 S Katana 7/11 Swap ( means 1100cc engine in 750 frame) Custom gold paint excellent cond (a couple of minor marks) RGV usd front end with uprated Ohlins internals, and 50mm extensions on top of the forks. 17in GSXR 3.5in front wheel black centre with polished rim. 4 piston Tokico calipers. RGV clipons . Completely rebuilt 1170cc engine, new clutch, Yoshi grind cams, etc. Less than 5000km since rebuild. Rebuilt carbs, jetted to suit engine mods and exhaust. Near new 4 into 1 chrome headers and polished stainless muffler. Recovered LEATHER seat with Katana emblem. 17in GSXR 5.5in rear wheel conversion . New tinted screen. New hand grips. New bar end weights. Near new front tyre. New rear tyre .Chain and sprokets are near new.

Email me or call me on 0407978493 (Peter) Im open to offers... but not much below the ask as it is a very realistic price... Cheers :)

Razorback
15-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Sorry one clarification... I have put the new rear tyre on... its only a cheapy to make rego... What I mean is if you want a decent one you will have to organise it yourself :)

ozkat
15-01-2008, 02:10 PM
HMMMMM i wonder?

Razorback
16-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Sold Shayne.... Thanks for the fun. I enjoyed having it but the new one is way better. Shes off to Sunshine in Victoria for a complete rebuild by a guy that already has 3 Kats.

Cheers to you all ;)