PDA

View Full Version : Only in Ireland... for now!

BillyWhizz888
13-01-2008, 06:17 PM
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2008/January/january-7-13/jan1108loweralcohollimit/

Lower drink limit for motorcyclists
By Steve Farrell

Politics & the law

11 January 2008 13:29

Motorcyclists will face a lower legal alcohol limit than car drivers under new proposals.

The limit for riders will drop from 80mg to just 20mg per 100 millilitres of blood in a move outlined by Northern Ireland environment minister Arlene Foster.

It means riders could find themselves over the limit after drinking just half a lager.

Riders who travel to Northern Ireland from Britain could get caught out by the law if they drink as much as permitted at home.

The limit for car drivers will also be reduced under the proposals but only to 50mg.

HGV drivers and inexperienced car drivers will face the lower limit along with riders.

A spokeswoman for Northern Ireland’s Department of the Environment said: "The proposed lower limit for motorcyclists reflects the greater vulnerability of bikers if involved in a collision and the greater potential for even the most minor error to result in a motorcyclist losing control with catastrophic consequences.

"It could also be argued that any impairment might have greater effects on riders because of the skill and focus required to balance and control a two-wheeled vehicle."

Large
13-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Poor Frank and his mates are going to have to decide to "Fight or Flight" every time the go to the local

:D

zx12argh
13-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I guess being in control of a 1.5 ton vehicle can't end in catastrophe... Us silly bikers. Glad we got such we intended thoughtful people looking out for us.

Personally tho - I dont jump on the bike if I've even had one.

Zbike
14-01-2008, 09:20 PM
cant wait till i get my opens and ride around half pissed

FIGHTERMC
15-01-2008, 05:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Poor Frank and his mates are going to have to decide to "Fight or Flight" every time the go to the local

:D

Won't make any differance to me Large
i'm living in the south with different laws
and don't go to the north very much.
what the fookers are doing here in the south at the moment
is pulling people on there way to work after the night before
and baging them,WANKERS