PDA

View Full Version : Boosters New Ride ??

EXBEN
03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/512235563253186.jpg

[8D][8D][8D]

TurboKat
03-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Don't you know anything Ben?
Booster's JetBus is blue ;)

Weaselman
03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
whats the fuel consumption like?

EXBEN
03-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Dunno... bags not race him at fools tho.:D

Booster
03-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Still having probs with the antigrav :D

Actually funny you should bring this up Ben,turbine cleared customs today , picking it up tomorrow [8D]
Went with the recommendation of Brittanic shipping, Was it Jim or Large that said they had used them , great to deal with, picked it up cleaned, packaged and delivered in 50 days.
But the fees at this end were a little more expensive than i hoped.
cost more to move it from the ship to my ute than from the UK to Aus[}:)]

maggot1300
03-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Maj mate tell me you're kidding...

EXBEN
04-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh no he's not kidding..................;)

http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7497

quote:
Booster
Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

Australia
722 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2007 : 08:02:08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i have brought it , not quite sure how i can use 600-1200hp but i'm sure i can figure something out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo_D_t6zpOI

maggot1300
04-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Jesus fuckin Christ mate, I cant wait so see some specs for that new donk.

Just out of curiosity where'd you find it? (any links or pics, hint hint )

fimpBIKES
04-01-2008, 10:45 AM
wow, i wonder how many terrorist-suspect lists getting a jet through customs got you onto?!!?!

Booster
04-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Nar they would just google my name and see i'm a go fast nut not a blow things up nut, just lists as an aviation engine , gst applies but no dutys.

Maggot after checking it out i have to go break some kneecaps:(
definitely not the engine i was shown nor and spares etc that were promised.
i may be able to rebuild what arrived but i will be checking out legal avenues first, kept everything from first contact , lots more than the seller will realise...
The upside , this is definitelty the make of turbine i want..

Weaselman
04-01-2008, 06:25 PM
what model is it?
Is the compressor fucked or do you have play in the main shaft?

I only ask cus i used to turn spanners on my mates fathers jet dragster that ran an allison j35 and when the engine arrived it was missing so much shit it was ment to have and it had stuffed bearings and cracks in the combustion chambers. Bloody ripoff merchants out there

EXBEN
04-01-2008, 09:15 PM
quote:Maggot after checking it out i have to go break some kneecaps
definitely not the engine i was shown nor and spares etc that were promised.
i may be able to rebuild what arrived but i will be checking out legal avenues first, kept everything from first contact , lots more than the seller will realise...
The upside , this is definitelty the make of turbine i want..
Oh that just fuckin pisses me off:(
Surely someone on here knows a guy who knows a guy.....[B)]

Booster
04-01-2008, 09:47 PM
This was the description http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320160839741&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
i was the other party negotiating before the ad was placed, for those that saw the Vid before it was removed from Youtube all saw a running turbine as described on the ebay add,
what was delivered has no electrics,looks like it spent the last year under a tree, and won't turn over, it puts the fuel thru the centre shaft and uses carbon seals so i'm not going to make it turn , it will need stripping, cleaning,new bearings, if there is corrosion on any of the compressor or turbine wheels there throwaway .
Not doing anything to it till i check my legal position.

Weaselman which dragster, used to watch them often at Calder when they were less troubled by insurance, and was looking at the RR Nein from a jetdragster that hit a lightpole at calder many years ago only this morning on my way to pickup the Nimbus

Weaselman
04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
She didnt have a name when i worked on her. Shes called aussie thunder now and runs a modified learjet turbine with homemade afterburner.

Had to look up some pics on google. so your running a turboshaft engine which i suspected. It should have a self igniter installed. Is there a control box on it or did the just send you some fans in a tube?

Booster
04-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Fuel ,oil ,drive/brake,thermocouples,starter generator,govener,external lines&firewire systems mostly there no igniters or wiring ,

DaveK5
05-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Hey booster..if your still going down the hydraulic drive path,this mob in the states seem to have done a lot of work with valve bodies and the such for controlling high speed applications..

http://www.hydraulicinnovations.com/

Booster
05-01-2008, 08:03 AM
The more i learn about hydraulics in this case the less likely i can use them, too much heat and pressure, very bulky parts. but i will keep enquiring till i know for sure that any hurdles can't be beaten or bypassed.

Thanks for the link, they are doing some interesting stuff

Gix11
07-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Hey Greg, do you know what part of the UK they were from?

Booster
07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Supposably Newcastle under Lyme
Found out from another Turbine guy , that Paul (the seller) has become a bit of a "cowboy" lately and ripped off several people, trying to get in contact with them,
Talked to the feds ,its a local plod issue , they have connections to interpol,
Collecting all my info and getting more as i look into it.
Haven't contacted the seller, don't want to prewarn , there's no way this was a mistake..

sickboy
07-01-2008, 08:47 PM
You must be really pissed of mate,do you know Paul Mcritchie? he owns a jet car he built in town,he might be able to provide you with some info,though his is a propulsion one and not a driven one.good luck dude.

Gix11
07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Hang on, that's Staffordshire. I have some contacts not far from there. Let me know if you need any further help and I'll see if they will nick up there.

Booster
08-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Ken i am somewhat annoyed... Heard of Paul, he sort of keeps to himself from what i'm told, selling a couple of Mamba turbines at the moment that were once in a tractor called black velvet. There's a lot of contact between the ground jet guys, getting to know several quite well , Likes of Mad Ron from Darwin with the big jet in his bike has helped me understand some of the issues i will have to deal with, like torque reaction.
Thanks Si , someone has had a word in his ear for me, i also have all my papers in order and will be starting procedings at the local cop shop.
But i will keep that in mind as i haven't even an address yet and can't x reference his mobile no with an address thru BT whitepages.

Booster
07-02-2008, 06:53 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/20832209876664.jpg

Bit of an update.
Turbine freed up ok , from what i can see inside its reasonably good, made a frame, after a bit of cleaning to free up the rear brake the gearbox turns over quietly ,powered the starter and the turbine spins quietly (apart from a clatter in the front which i'm told by others with this turbine is normal??) even has oil pressure, oil is clean no metal,no glint, no water.
brought an igniter ,rpm% gauge,egt gauge.switches and starter relay to make a control panel once several other things are finished first i will get into this make a wiring loom and fire it up

Cops couldn't be bothered , too hard !!! (seller doesn't know this and making all sorts of promises i'm sure he will never keep) but i have something i can work with although its far short of what was advertised i'm not going to get stressed and waste time about it, if i catch up with the guy in future [}:)]

EXBEN
07-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Good to see some progress Booster. Hopefully it's running soon [:p]

BANDITROD
07-02-2008, 09:18 AM
thats fucking awsome this is gunna be good

Weaselman
07-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey booster!
Clattering is a normal noise on cold turbine spool up it just bearings till there up to temp.
Kinda sounds like little rocks in there

zx12argh
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Jesus fucking christ booster... I reckon i could have you to the 60 foot line but I dont think my bike punches mach 5 [:o]

Jockney Rebel
07-02-2008, 06:26 PM
booster so u got it here ...and i used britiannic to get my gear here there ok [even tho there scousers] so what u gonna do with a helo engine then

Booster
07-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Weaselman, yeah it reminds me of a loose drive plate on a car.
ZX don't be too sure, these can bring the power up while the brake is on like a transbrake in a car, saw a vid of one dragging fitted in a van, punches off the linereal well.. and all i could think was Fuck how am i going to use that properly.
Jockney Reb put it in a bike of course, actually the torque reaction may be a bit much , first thing will be to build a simple frame ,chuck on some wheels(probably outriggers too) and see if i can ride a small distance to see what the torque effect is like, it may be ok feeding on the power, correcting as you go buy if there is need for sudden shutdown it will torque the other way in a less controlled manner.
Local jet car guy is noticing it on decell now and its steering him on 4 wheels

Weaselman
07-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Id say torque steer wouldnt be to bad since your running a smaller engine and the turbine doesnt spool up fast enough.
Even at cutoff i wouldnt see to much of a problem... otherwise Y2K's would be unridable in road trim and ive seen plenty of vids with tockleys on them

Booster
07-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Figure its best to find out before building an expensive 2 wheeled vehicle then converting it to three , besides making a rough frame, swingarm and fork setup around the turbine then riding it is somewhat appealing, later build i will be sitting infront, be more like a car but can still fall over .

Bear
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Ya shoulda told Customs that it was a thickshake maker for McDonalds. Woulda got it through no worries.

Jockney Rebel
07-02-2008, 10:56 PM
...or a mass hairdryer for the mardi gras

Weaselman
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
... or the worlds biggest flymow

17-03-2008, 10:02 PM
T-58 Gas Turbines x 3. 1400Hp/1443KW Sikorsky jets.heaps of spares and extra's.
Oxenford QLD

Booster
20-03-2008, 01:42 PM
$120K [xx(]

maggot1300
20-03-2008, 02:16 PM
hey Greg hows the turbine thingy going? I heard round the traps you might be helping yourng chris out soon after his little tumble, you want a hand when you do? (most of its my spare parts anyway)

Booster
20-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Trying to find time to do it,maybe after AFR at this point.
Turbine is on hold till i clear he decks a little, too much stuff building up and i want to dedicate my time only to it when i start.