PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

motogp_nut
02-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Hello peeps,
Saw your stand at the Brisbane bike expo this year and thought I would check you out. I own '97 Across and love it to death. Not a fan of the tail end on it though - needs some modding! :D

It could use some help in the speed department too - maybe a NOS bottle in the storage compartment...?! ;)

Hoping to meet a few of you at AFR '08.

Cheers,
Larissa

Bear
02-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi Larissa. Welcome. :)

debaser
03-01-2008, 06:43 AM
Hello, putting nos into an across would be similar to giving a guinea pig steroids. Pointless , it would sound and look silly, and it would harm the guinea pig.

Not that I like guinea pigs. Or acrosseses. Dont they rev to 30 000 revs anyhow.

Lighten the accross and put a guinea pig on it!!!

BillyWhizz888
03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by motogp_nut

Hello peeps,
Saw your stand at the Brisbane bike expo this year and thought I would check you out. I own '97 Across and love it to death. Not a fan of the tail end on it though - needs some modding! :D

It could use some help in the speed department too - maybe a NOS bottle in the storage compartment...?! ;)

Hoping to meet a few of you at AFR '08.

Cheers,
Larissa

I would imagine your tail end is just fine [:p]
Welcome to the madness :D

Fish
03-01-2008, 09:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by debaser

Hello, putting nos into an across would be similar to giving a guinea pig steroids. Pointless , it would sound and look silly, and it would harm the guinea pig.

Not that I like guinea pigs. Or acrosseses. Dont they rev to 30 000 revs anyhow.

Sounds like fun to me, it's amazing what a bit of imagination and a screw loose can do. Does anyone remember a certain somebody's fightered gs 500? maybe you could squeeze a small turbo in there somewhere. I think someone fightered and turboed a 250 zeal once (in rapid mag i believe). Sheer brilliance! A change from all the bogbore 4s we see. something original. p.s. they rev to 16,000 rpm and a hell fun ride!

BANDITROD
03-01-2008, 02:02 PM
welcome aboard and once you use nos you will be hooked for life its fucking awsome

Z Power
03-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Welcome aboard Larissa

Jockney Rebel
03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
hiya larrissa ...and my two bobs worth ..i think there should be more fightered smaller bikes i mean iceman fightered injected and turboed a gs 500 so we got to up the anti and do a 250
when im a bit flusher im gonna do a 2 stroke of some sort maybe a 350 power valve
good on ya go for it

Gix11
04-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Had loads of people through the stand that weekend so I'd be lying if I said I remember you but cheers for dropping in and welcome aboard. Whatever you do or build, as long as you enjoy it and it "does it" for you then it's worth doing.

KATO ZX7
04-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Greetings Larissa. Welcome to the mad house. Always good to have more girl power in here.

motogp_nut
04-01-2008, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by debaser

LOL - guinea pig on steroids, scary thing is I can see the similarities.

And you're probably right about the NOS bottle being silly - but I was (half) joking on that point anyway.

But still, I don't see why smaller bikes can't be fightered - from what I've read a lot of the modding is as much about how the bike looks as it is about the "go fast" factor.

I've only been riding for a short while so I haven't been on anything bigger than a 500, but the Across is actually really fun. One day I'll be the owner of a gixxer thou but in the meantime I'm gonna make this Suzi MEAN! :D

Fish
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
You go girlfriend! you fighter that across good!:D

Jockney Rebel
04-01-2008, 07:14 PM
oneday im gonna have a go at NOS in up a monkey bike reckon that should be fun
anyway they drag race scooters so ...anythings possible

Pab13
05-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Gday Larissa don't take any shit from those that rag on your idea' cos mick (ZPower) had a R1Z250
and accross a mountain he was as quick as the big bikes. Only exit speed let him down so get that sorted and
stick it up em. I almost forgot welcome.

Gsxar
05-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi Larissa u sound like me when I had my across:D:D
Thought it was the best bike in the world swore I would never want another lol. It could carry everything I needed - 12v hair dryer & straightner fitted in along with everything else[:p] Think I had it a whole week before I pulled it apart just to have a "Look" for the 1st time.
There a great bike to learn to ride on and learn to pull apart and play with.
Ohh and of course a Gsxr fan is always welcome :D:D

debaser
05-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Just so you know I wasn't putting the 2fiddy fighter thing down... I have a tzr 250 (with a tt600 motor wedged in, an 80cc home made pushy/chopper, and am looking for another 250 two stroke. My point was with the nitrous (the sarcasim was not lost on me), spend your money on bits. And if you use ebay etc you can do it real cheap. I fightered my old gsxf 750 which looked very similar but bigger to the accross.

Iceman
05-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Welcome aboard Larissa.

Z Power
05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I still have my r1z 250 and its 4 sale for $1500 if your intrested

devo
05-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey Larissa welcome good to finally get some woman folk on here as for your accross well go for it , Rexie I think is in the midst of fightering up an old GSX250 bandit so should be interesting :D

Pab13
07-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Debaser it sounded like you were putting the 250 project down sorry for any confusion

BOHEMION
07-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Welcome !! Where in QLD are you around? I'm Northside Bris were getting enough Brisbanites to go for a good cruise soon.

STELF
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome Larissa we are all here to enjoy have fun!!:D

motogp_nut
07-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks all for the welcome.

I appreciate the feedback - just hope I can keep up with you all (in the garage if not on the road)! :D

Bohemion - I'm southside Bris. That sounds great - I will keep an eye out for info on your ride. :)

justlearnin
15-01-2008, 10:09 AM
hi there nice to find another female rider around my age and know im not totaly out numbered

zx12argh
15-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Hey another brisvegas-er - welcome aboard.
I'm out of action as I find myself with out a bike now... Unless I count the DRZ...
Got any photos yet? A mate of mine had a Across - that helmet compartment is awesome for keeping maccas warm on the way home. :D

latheboy
15-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi there Larissa and welcome .. the only problem you'll have with the tail is the fuel tank is under there... but dont let that stop you ..

quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

oneday im gonna have a go at NOS in up a monkey bike reckon that should be fun
anyway they drag race scooters so ...anythings possible

I put NOS onto a Mini moto .. first time i hit the gas it flipped out from under me at 40kph .. wicked .. then put a windscreen washer motor on it for some fuel injection when the gas is on .. still flips me off but it can be controlled and fuck its fun .. so DO IT DO IT NOW .. :D

NZSF1
15-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Nothing wrong with fightering a 250, everyones has to start somewhere.

Start your obession Larissa, fighter that thing!!

scotty mac
15-01-2008, 03:05 PM
alot of us started on 250's. some not by choice. the arcoss uses similar parts to the bandit 250(96ish onwards). so look at what you can use to make it easyer(tripples etc).
welcome btw.

xb9r
15-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Gday Larissa hhok in mate there are plenty of people that can help you out in here

motogp_nut
21-01-2008, 07:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Hi there Larissa and welcome .. the only problem you'll have with the tail is the fuel tank is under there... but dont let that stop you ..
Yeah, I wondered about the fuel tank :( I've been looking on the net for references of other people modding it but no luck so far.

quote:[I put NOS onto a Mini moto .. first time i hit the gas it flipped out from under me at 40kph .. wicked .. then put a windscreen washer motor on it for some fuel injection when the gas is on .. still flips me off but it can be controlled and fuck its fun .. so DO IT DO IT NOW .. :D

He he - cool! :D

Fish
21-01-2008, 10:22 PM
ahh don't worry. anything can be done with enough thought, time and tools. I think you will have the best across in the world when you're done.:D