PDA

View Full Version : bike beaking down

FIGHTERMC
16-08-2007, 04:26 AM
my 96 blade is braking down again.
hadn't happen in a long time.
its like its running out of fuel
it will just start dying and then cut out.
if i try and start it again it might fire on two
or not fire at all.
after leaving it for 10 to 15 mins it fires back up.
any ideas would be a great help
before i go ripping it.
also there is no fuel pump they are on the earlier
model.
rgds

Booster
16-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Haven't had that much to do with the blades but from what i know of honda's check the voltage reg first, then fuel filters,i even had a prob with a pulse generator on an XR , but that showed as a hard to hot start issue.

Hillsy
16-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Fuel / vapour lock? Try opening the tank when it happens again to see if this fixes it.

alfiestorm
16-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Sounds like an ignition problem perhaps the cdi box as this type of thing has happened to my mate on his blade. His was the first model out and was doing the same thing as you say it would fuck about with fireing on two then back to all four then cut out.leave it for a bit and it would be alright again then the problem didn't happen for ages then it came back again and died properly shortly after.
one cdi box from the breakers later and it was back on the road no probs.
Not saying thats the problem with yours but it does seem like a very similar problem.

Also I have mentioned before and it might have been to you.
The battery sometimes went completely flat on his blade but when the whole charge circuit was tested everthing was ok and this happened a few times and then nothing it was fine no probs,then the charge circuit let go big time and took out all electrical components fried them to death. the fault was an intermitent reg/rec alternator fault. the whole process was over about a year or so.

EXBEN
16-08-2007, 10:02 AM
quote:Hillsy Posted - 16 Aug 2007 : 09:06:08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fuel / vapour lock? Try opening the tank when it happens again to see if this fixes it.
What he said^^^^^

FIGHTERMC
17-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Thanks lads for all the info.
will try all the above starting with the tank.
rgds
Fightermc