PDA

View Full Version : Gonna need a safety cert

sharky
13-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Sooo I'm going to need safety certs on the ute and the bike, as well as a modification plate for the single seat.
Anyone got any 'friendlys' in Brissy area ? :)

ozkat
13-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Mate i can sort it for you ;)

BOHEMION
13-08-2007, 06:43 PM
For convenience, Theres Brissy Motorcycles which is 5mins from Gordon Park and There are 2 Auto Leaders also 5mins from Gordon Park
(Bowen Hills and Stafford)

sharky
13-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Cheers fellas.
Another one for ya's now.....
Do you still have to get the CTP thingy even if you have fully comp insurance ???
Surely your F/C would cover it...or do they just want you to pay twice ??

jakam04
13-08-2007, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Cheers fellas.
Another one for ya's now.....
Do you still have to get the CTP thingy even if you have fully comp insurance ???
Surely your F/C would cover it...or do they just want you to pay twice ??

More money for the bastards Im sorry to say Mr Sharky.... CTP is a seperate charge..

Jarrod

zx12argh
13-08-2007, 08:56 PM
ctp covers personal injury to the lucky bastard who gets hit by a car - like me - one crunchy knee later and I am 11k richer :D

WATEVR
13-08-2007, 10:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

ctp covers personal injury to the lucky bastard who gets hit by a car - like me - one crunchy knee later and I am 11k richer :D

should have got a better lawyer me thinks zx if its a perminent injury?

sharky
14-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Just be doing the rounds with the insurance companies. With my current bike ins.(QBE) the premium doesn't change when I move to sunnyland, and it goes down a whole $9 for single seat ($232 F/C to $213 F/C)...Hardly worth the effort of an engineers report.

But Jeez do you get screwed on CTP. Ute Vic rego...$361 inc third party injury cover........Qld rego $362 PLUS $301 ctp !!!
And I thought Vicroads shafted you !!

Hillsy
14-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Just be doing the rounds with the insurance companies. With my current bike ins.(QBE) the premium doesn't change when I move to sunnyland, and it goes down a whole $9 for single seat ($232 F/C to $213 F/C)...Hardly worth the effort of an engineers report.

But your rego is halved ;)

zx12argh
14-08-2007, 12:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by WATEVR

should have got a better lawyer me thinks zx if its a perminent injury?

I actually got $20k but after the lawyers and the government took their share thats how much I got. Fucking centrelink took $3000 because apprently they classified it as income. Cunts:(

Yup its permanent, but at the moment it just makes crunchy noises when I stand up from a crouch. No pain - will probably end up with arthritis in it or something later tho.

sharky
14-08-2007, 12:39 PM
quote:But your rego is halved
Not according to the online system mate.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Registration/Motorbikes/Registration_fees/#registration3

Hillsy
14-08-2007, 12:54 PM

quote:But your rego is halved
Not according to the online system mate.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Registration/Motorbikes/Registration_fees/#registration3

Yeah you're right - it's actually the CTP that is reduced.

http://www.aami.com.au/products/ctp_insurance_australia/ctp_qld_premium.asp

$85.20 v $228.00

sharky
14-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Yep, your right. Just spoke to my insurererer.
Sooo Single seat it will be.

_M_
14-08-2007, 05:52 PM

I actually got $20k but after the lawyers and the government took their share thats how much I got. Fucking centrelink took $3000 because apprently they classified it as income. Cunts:(

Yup its permanent, but at the moment it just makes crunchy noises when I stand up from a crouch. No pain - will probably end up with arthritis in it or something later tho.

Insurance payments are classed as income if it replaces an income stream, but as the injury was permanent (doctors written word) then its classed as a "loss of an asset" (weird but yeh) so its not classed as income, centrelink are numbnuts and have no right to take your money.

zx12argh
14-08-2007, 06:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by _M_

Insurance payments are classed as income if it replaces an income stream, but as the injury was permanent (doctors written word) then its classed as a "loss of an asset" (weird but yeh) so its not classed as income, centrelink are numbnuts and have no right to take your money.

Really? - I'll have to look into that - That could well pay for my build :D