PDA

View Full Version : The Mad Posties '88 GPX600R Project **SOLD**

themadpostie
20-11-2007, 02:55 PM
**SOLD** Thanks all.

Hi guys, well due to an injury which makes riding this thing barely possible, I decided to put her up for sale and turn to the dark side..... Harley.....

Details of the bike and build can be found here... http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7438

The bike comes with all the original fairings and equipment in good general condition, an R-Jays gear bag and rack to suit the original subframe, and the following brand new parts valued at well over $1000.

Twin 4 inch headlights fitted but not wired.
$186 worth of rego till April 2008(5 months)
Front and Rear tyres. Details below.
Acewell ACE2853 speedo
Bar end mirrors-fitted.
Carbon look arrow indicators front and rear.
LED taillight
MX Bars in Red Powdercoat
4x Unifilter foam pod filters.
Redline red engine breather
Stainless braided hose cover kit with red trims
Quantity of red heatshrink.....

And probly some other stuff I've forgotten.....

Open to offers, though please make them reasonable due to the new parts involved..... I'm not going to be unreasonable though.... its gotta go....

If you want to overlap the rego another 6 months to sort shit out, I have no issues with that. Just remember the speeding fines are yours.

Located near Gatton west of Brisbane. Can arrange transport to Brissy and surrounds for a cost.

Fire away.....

fimpBIKES
20-11-2007, 03:53 PM
hi mate, sorry to hear about the injury

got any up to date shots of it
front, side etc

themadpostie
20-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Pretty much the pics in the thread shown are all thats been done to it at this point in time.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/4479098871773.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/221348070117885.JPG

sharky
20-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Thats a shit mate...looking forward to seeing the end result here.....
But for fooks sake DON'T go to the dark side.....check out all the jap cruisers...they beat hiddly diddlyson's hands down on.....well just about everything...power,handling,stopping,reliability and price.
If you can afford a diddly you can afford one the lastest gen jap's.
Plus you can 'fighter one up a bit and not look a twat...try that with fatboy/big boy/rude boy whatever...

ozkat
20-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I know where your coming from Mr Postie. Im thinkin the same thing. Head down arse up has become a pain in the back. A nice slammed pro street low rider may be the way to go.

themadpostie
20-11-2007, 05:53 PM
LMFAO!!!

Yeah I guess each to their own.... I actually feel more comfortable on the sporty custom I bought.

Kwaka custom was the best of the jap cruisers....

I also had to consider the amount of plastic and stuff that would drop off on a dirt road, of which I've got a bit to ride over....

Anyways, too late now..... taking delivery of a new Sporty Custom on the 5th December.

ozkat
20-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Something like this looks pretty bloody good, i reckon it would go hard as well. Kinda like a Harley streetfighter. Personally id fit flat drag bars tho.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/313909042138761.jpg

themadpostie
20-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm thinkin along the same lines myself.... and for a little go on the breathless but loud 883(thanks to some already bought open pipes)...... just add nitrous.

sharky
20-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Bom Bom Bom....Another one bites the dust....
He is lost to us now....[V]

ozkat
20-11-2007, 06:22 PM
No reason why you cant have a Harley streetfighter Russ.

sharky
20-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I'll just take your word for that one mate [}:)]

themadpostie
21-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey I dont know if its going to be a streetfighter strictly speaking.....

But lets just say its gonna be a fuckload more fun rollin with you lot than the local chapter of the "I'm so fuckin kool cause I have tatts, a Harley and a bad fuckin attitude" Bike Club that seems to dominate.....

I'd prefer to roll with the guys who ride for riding sake, not for fuckin super-fuckin-hero pose factor......

Sorry.... had a bad morning.....

themadpostie
21-11-2007, 12:51 PM
oh..... that and I wont fuck my back up anymore.......

Gix11
21-11-2007, 01:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

No reason why you cant have a Harley streetfighter Russ.

I'll ignore that.

themadpostie
21-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Oh oh.... I've been segregated already......

Ahhh well, back to riding on my own then huh.....

Bike has rego till 11 April 2008.

Tyres are....

Front Pirelli MT75 100/80-16

Rear Battlax BT45R 150/80-16

Both unfitted and brand spankin new....

sharky
21-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Well...guess we could make an exception.....medical grounds and all that.....;)

themadpostie
21-11-2007, 05:43 PM
hehehe..... I like your reasoning......

Seriously though..... nobody wants a cheap DIFFERENT ride???

Honestly.... before I started modding, I was offered $500 as a trade unregged.... you do the math.... add some rego and new bits, and take away some for stupidity..... and presto....

Yeah there's some work to do...... but isnt that half the fun?

Oh and I'm on the lookout for a drag bike project...... just another option maybe for someone......

ozkat
21-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey TMP there are always a few bikes for sale on www.dragbike.com.au join up and ask a few questions tell them i sent you, i know the bloke that runs it. Top bloke too.

themadpostie
21-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Done

ozkat
21-11-2007, 08:18 PM
your in mate.

sharky
21-11-2007, 08:33 PM
One Harley/fighter does spring to mind...tuned sporty motor in a gixxer slabside...although not technically a fighter cos it had the fairings...

Hillsy
21-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Harley fighter.....that'd be a Buell wouldn't it??

sharky
21-11-2007, 09:33 PM
But then a Buell is a stock bike....;)

zx12argh
22-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear mate, sounds like a pisser - I'd definitely take it off your hands if I wasn't in the middle of my own mess and already have 3 bikes and planning a 2nd project already...

fimpBIKES
22-11-2007, 12:55 PM
so it would be offers over $1500 then?

themadpostie
22-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Was just about to post that..... are you psychotic or sumfin???

I'm not going to play y'all off against each other.... first one to say "I'll give you $1500 for the lot unreg" can have it.... rego might be a negotiable point though. Would be happy with $1500 plus the balance of rego, say $1650.......

Offers? Offers?

Remember this includes all the new parts..... come on... gotta be someone who has too much time and money on their hands surely....

Tony Nitrous
23-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I think my days of clip-on's and "shitting-Frog" riding
positions are over too. No reason to give up the fun though.
My Back/Shoulder/Arm need a comfortable seat and higher bars.

Going from 2 faired bikes with clip-on's,
to 2 unfaired bikes with bars has made my problems bearable.

Good luck with the Sporty. 18 months with one cured me of ever
wanting to go near one again. They told me everything broke because
I wasn't nice to it. Now I ride Suzuki's...Problem fixed..[8D]

Streetfighter a Harley ?
Streetighters mag came from the Custom mag BSH, there were several
Cut-down, Flat-bar, Drag style Harleys in the early issue's. In my
eye's a lot more "Streetfighter" than the "USA Style" tart's handbag
unrideable Busa's they keep showing now.;)

Opinion is not fact....;)

Good luck with the Sale and enjoy the new bike..[8D]

Tony.J.

themadpostie
24-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey Tony thanks buddy.....

I've been told from my bike guy.... who tends to know his shit, that the new series i.e. post 06 is a vast improvement on the previous models.... all fuel injected of course, which fixed the fuel economy problem.... you know.... half the tank leaking onto the road.... and they dont come standard with a drip tray anymore....

His recommendation was clear..... change the oil every 3000km and you'll never have a problem.

Seems ok to me...... I like fiddling with shit..... and I trust my bike guy Platzy with any of my rides.....

Still however, on the lookout for a good drag bike base..... so if anyone has anything of value to trade, I'm listening.....

Come on.... I finally got rid of all the pocket bike shit in my shed..... just need to move the bike now, so the Harley, the "new drag bike" and Formula Vee have a tidy home......

Help!!

themadpostie
24-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Just have to add quickly that I forgot the R-Jays gear bag and rack also included to fit the original subframe. So add that to the list. I'll also be working on the bike over the next couple of days.... for something to do.... its raining here.... which is unusual....

themadpostie
25-11-2007, 10:21 AM
OK, so this is going a little slower than I expected...... forget the price above.... make me an offer.

themadpostie
28-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I know I can be considered impatient.... but if there's no reasonable offer by tomorrow evening ie Thursday 29th..... she's back off the market... I'll finish it and add a turbo and some nitrous... just for kicks.....

Gix11
28-11-2007, 04:58 PM
See. Now we want you to do that! - Mate, I have enough bikes. Someone might want it but it ain't me. Sorry fella.

themadpostie
30-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Awww Gix I was countin on ya LOL

OK gonna change the deal a bit.... if you would like just the bike and not the crap that comes with it.... ie the lights indicators brake light hose stuff, new tyres etc, its there for $500 unreg. If you want some or all of the bits, including the reg, they can be bought by negotiation.

I'll give this option till the weekend to see if anyones interested, if not, I guess I'll keep working on it.

Oh and the sporty is bloody superb....... comfortable.... and the most expensive massage I've ever gotten [8D]

appo
30-11-2007, 04:21 PM
oh please....someoone just buy the dam thing and put him out of his misery!!!!!

ozkat
30-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey TMP there is a barcket meet tomorrow night at Willowbank if your interested. Pappa Smurf and myself will be there (i wont be racing) if you want to catch up for a chat. Gates open at 2pm i think. Should be all finished by 8pm.
Shayne

fimpBIKES
30-11-2007, 08:16 PM
i'll give you $150 plus post for the acewell if u want to sell it seperate ;)

themadpostie
03-12-2007, 04:33 PM
tanx for the offer..... she going to get finished now I think.

Sorry I missed the meet.... I woud've come down to say g'day had I checked this first.

Next time.

Hey Appo!!!! I aint in any pain..... you sound like I need to be euthenized :)

Anyways..... off the market..... nuf said.

fimpBIKES
04-12-2007, 08:51 AM
DOH

but good news anyways mate!

damo1
11-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Are you open to a honest offer for the bike???Alone

All i want is the bike with the orig body work and stuff absolutly no extra's
no rego nothing.

Im thinking race bike???? at the right price i can run with Devo/Russm8/Rexie/chris41 and who ever else is there as well.

themadpostie
14-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Shit man sorry didnt see this message..... yeah I'm open to "honest" offers on the bike..... I was actually going to split all these bits up and sell em off...... hence why I'm here.....

So yeah shoot....

themadpostie
14-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Acewell is back up for sale too fimp...... brand new unfitted.....

gtrman
16-01-2008, 04:53 PM
is this bike still for sale?
if so i have a mate who is keen to pick it up this week.
Provided it is good in person that is. he needs a rego'd bike asap so if you wanna sell contact Kane on 0433 287 102, . Cheers

damo1
17-01-2008, 09:23 AM
To late got new plans;)

themadpostie
18-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Not bugged..... after the day I've had..... you could come take the thing and I wouldnt give a fuck.......

If anyone else wants the bike, or parts listed above..... just txt me on 0408743705.

or

1300-eat-shit-n-die.........

God damned fucking banks.......

Sorry.... back to your regularly scheduled program.

sharky
18-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Text sent mate re: the acewell.

themadpostie
20-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Sorry Sharky..... bike and all parts are now in the capable hands of Kane..... a good mate of grtman.

We put the bike back together yesterday arvo, and he rode it back to Brizzy.....

He liked the look of the bike and where I was taking it, and has plans of continuing what I was doing.

So you've gained another follower, which is awesome.

Thanks all.......

Res7
15-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey postie, I'm having trouble tracking down your number after the move. I could really use those origional jets you were talking about. She got me all the way to sydney in the pouring rain. good girl she is. Cheers mate. It would be good to hear from you.

themadpostie
09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Text sent.....