PDA

View Full Version : flight prices

badvan
08-11-2007, 05:31 AM
Hi!

can someone tell me the cheapest way to fly to downunder?
Germany- Australia
Think between May and August, or is this a bad time?

Iceman
08-11-2007, 09:12 AM
quote:Think between May and August, or is this a bad time?

You'll miss the Fools run and be here for winter, I surpose it depends on what you want to do.

zx12argh
08-11-2007, 12:24 PM
peak (expensive) season is when its summer over your way mate.
I've flown aus to the uk via amsterdam using china airlines and the tickets were $2700AUD return.
The airplane was good tho the route was a bit long - 30+ hours of traveling. If you count the sleep over at heathrow in london I actually was travelling for 54 hours.

But the good thing is if you can rig a layover in taipei or bangcock they throw in a free nights accomodation. breaks the flight up and usually the airplane from there to australia is half empty and you can stretch right out :D

I've done this trip with China Airlines (Cheapest), Japan Airlines (crap food but quick flight) and Singapore Airlines. Singapore was the most expensive but the best without a doubt.

And their hostesses are fricken hot [}:)] [:p]

Large
08-11-2007, 05:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

peak (expensive) season is when its summer over your way mate.
I've flown aus to the uk via amsterdam using china airlines and the tickets were $2700AUD return.
The airplane was good tho the route was a bit long - 30+ hours of traveling. If you count the sleep over at heathrow in london I actually was travelling for 54 hours.

But the good thing is if you can rig a layover in taipei or bangcock they throw in a free nights accomodation. breaks the flight up and usually the airplane from there to australia is half empty and you can stretch right out :D

I've done this trip with China Airlines (Cheapest), Japan Airlines (crap food but quick flight) and Singapore Airlines. Singapore was the most expensive but the best without a doubt.

And their hostesses are fricken hot [}:)] [:p]

That seems expensive considering the dodgy airline. My round the world tickets were less than that.

Badvan,

The cheapest way to fly downunder is to go to a travel agent and ask how to get to Australia for the least euros....then get on the internet and see if you can do it any cheaper.:D

When I was in the UK one of the papers had a story about a guy flying around the world for less than 800 pounds, but he took lots of short flights on lots of different airlines and spent a lot of time in airports waiting for connections.

badvan
08-11-2007, 05:52 PM
mhhhh.... fools run would be nice..
Have to check by a travel agent the cheapest flight dates.. if u have winter then here its summer.. dont know which is the better/cheaper time..

China Airlines have good offers also thai airlines.
My wife will fly with me.. so it isnt important with the hostesses ;O)

Important is to get a lot of free beer because its a long trip!

Would to know what is cheaper.. book a flight in germany or book a flight in Aus.

Have to check this!

Which is the nearest airport to the fools run?

THX Guys for the help!

Large
08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Ralf,

have a look here- http://www.bestflights.com.au/ (I'm not recomending them but they might give you some ideas)

And if you want to stop in Bangkok/Hong Kong etc and maybe visit the US, you might find a round the world trip is cheaper than a return trip.

Check out the prices of round the world here- http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bin/203/flights?mainlist

badvan
08-11-2007, 06:35 PM
THX Large i will check this out!

Where and at which time is the fools run 2008?

Large
08-11-2007, 06:44 PM
It's either the last weekend in march or the first weekend in april.

Where hasn't been confirmed yet. I suggest pming Si for details.

Frankie
08-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi Alter,

I did the trip many times, trust me on this one:

Large is right. See a good travel agent. The internet flights are not cheaper than the ones from the agent (cause the cheap flights offered by them are always booked already)

The prices are the same, booked in Europe or Aus.

Check out the Brunei Airline. They used to be the cheapest. But the cancelled the flights from Frankfurt. Perhaps you can fly with them from another Europeen city.

Catch ya

badvan
08-11-2007, 07:33 PM
i call u this afternoon !

zx12argh
08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Hmm large - i think you might be right - i will try to track down my ticket prices - i've got a sneaking suspicion that 2700 was my flights the first time with JAL... I can't remember... I will go check me facts before sprooking shite again :D

Large
08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/264495196102468.jpg

Gix11
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Fools Run is in the calendar Large. Flick to March.
Ralf 29th & 30th March mate.
Nearest Airport? Nothing is in stone yet but I'd say Brisbane.

badvan
09-11-2007, 05:12 PM
thx Si!

Frankie cant get u yesterday..

Large
09-11-2007, 05:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Fools Run is in the calendar Large. Flick to March.
Ralf 29th & 30th March mate.
Nearest Airport? Nothing is in stone yet but I'd say Brisbane.

Mine's locked on November for at least another month.

Frankie
09-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Badvan,
try again....