PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Encounter Tonight

fimpBIKES
08-08-2007, 10:05 PM
just thought i better share this with u lot

i went out to a resturant for dinner, took the bike for easy parking etc. gave it a wash cos i had a spare 10mins before-hand

rode past the resturant, then hooked a u-turn to score a park i had seen

as i swing in i step off the bike to notice a bloke about my age running down the street waving (down the middle of the street mind you, not the footpath as if he was making sure i didnt run off)

so we chat and his friend catches up

seems he chased me since the u-banger just to chat
he tells me about his cagive mito with a RG350 (i think) engine

anyways, it felt good to get a positive reaction from the public for once
im always getting beeped and yelled at for my commuting style and nasty bike

was great to have someone actually point out individual good bits on my bike and all that

oh and i was waiting for that first question i always get
"what is it???"
i told him to look closer and figure it out
only took him about 10seconds and a few goes, pretty impressive

anyways, not many fighters in newcastle.... :D
oh and i had a bit of a lighthearted drag off some lights with a buell on the way home from work
floated the front in first and second, i dont think his buell had much hope of keepin' up with the mighty tiller

gave him a "thumbs up" when i turned off, got a nod ;)

anyways, just want u all to know that i am being a good little 'fighters ambassodor in newcastle!

TurboKat
08-08-2007, 10:22 PM
I can't remember the dudes name but it's a Mito with an RD 350 LC engine in it & he's putting a Banshee quad top end on it, apparently it gives you 400+cc & sky high compression - should be a rocketship I reckon. I bought some bits off him through E(pack of cocksucking pieces of shit)bay & he's promised to keep me posted on the mods.

Jockney Rebel
08-08-2007, 11:16 PM
as im a bit of a stroker fan that sound s the bollox wouldnt mind hearin abit more about it lads

fimpBIKES
09-08-2007, 08:12 AM
yep, that was the guy

he said the think was like 110kg wet!

WATEVR
09-08-2007, 10:48 AM
yeah it is cool to get a positive response from some one in the public about your fighter as so many these days arent impressed unless its the latest superbike with a yoshi slip on.

and you gotta love whooping another bike from the lights, well done fimpy

alfiestorm
09-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I saw the title of this thread and who it was by and imediatley had images of sheep,oil and ladies of the night with no teeth and other strange things.

But hey good onya fimp

Gix11
09-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Funny Stu, I had the same thought.
Good work Fimp. Did you tell him to come on here and show us his bike? I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest. You did tell him didn't you? ......didn't you?

fimpBIKES
09-08-2007, 11:35 AM
yeah yeah i told him

dont have any cards or anything to hand out so i might get some at GCBW??? (hint hint...)

did i mention the reason i was going to dinner was to smoose a photographer into taking some glamour shots for me ;)

Gix11
09-08-2007, 12:02 PM
You just have.

zx12argh
09-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Do us a favour fimp - dont post up the shots of you oiled up and doing your best tiger impersonation.

fimpBIKES
09-08-2007, 12:48 PM
why, worried i will do a better one than u?? [:X]

Knuckles NZ
09-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey Fimp I own an 05 XB 12s and the TLR and yes the TL will blow it into the weeds, so goodbye Buell and hello TLR? but lets be honest mate a Buell engine can be traced back to the first sportsters in 1957 Ha Ha 50 bloody years ago.

Nudie
09-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Fuck me! They must of made a lot of 'em back then if they are still putting 'em in bikes today!

pommie
09-08-2007, 10:57 PM
what colour buell was it? wasen't green was it

fimpBIKES
10-08-2007, 05:37 PM
black i believe, with splashes of orange?

GammaBoy
27-08-2007, 04:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

he said the think was like 110kg wet!

I'd believe 140kg wet... Cos I'm building a Racekitted RGV250 powered Mito, and there's just not that much weight you can easily pull out of them...