PDA

View Full Version : ebay.....is this a scam????

appo
22-10-2007, 03:15 PM
hey guys have a look at this and tell your thoughts?????
have any of you come across this before???

whats the story???

if this is a scam, how came ebay doesnt wipe it??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140170650790&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:11

I emailed them and asked if $3.500 was right and this is the answer
i got back.....

Yes. The bike looks and runs great, it's like new. I am selling the bike so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my job and I am going through a divorce. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address, as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. Ebay will send you an Invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the bike you will receive your money back.

BANDITROD
22-10-2007, 03:23 PM
it's hard to tell with that one but it's a fucking bargain if the bloke is going through a divorce then he would have to get rid of it to give the bitch money i supose

appo
22-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I guess I could email them and asked to look at it and see
what reponse I get????
who-ever is looking after it must know something!!???

Large
22-10-2007, 03:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by appo

hey guys have a look at this and tell your thoughts?????
have any of you come across this before???

whats the story???

if this is a scam, how came ebay doesnt wipe it??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140170650790&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:11

I emailed them and asked if $3.500 was right and this is the answer
i got back.....

Yes. The bike looks and runs great, it's like new. I am selling the bike so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my job and I am going through a divorce. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address, as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. Ebay will send you an Invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the bike you will receive your money back.

It's a scam

quote:I am selling the bike so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my job and I am going through a divorce

Ask him if you can view it and see what bullshit he spouts

quote:Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the bike you will receive your money back

Talks like a scamming cunt of indeterminate origin too:(

GaNDaLF
22-10-2007, 03:47 PM
He told you divorce but the discription says doesn't ride it much anymore me smells scam...what they said.

appo
22-10-2007, 03:48 PM
check out the response i got!!!!
fucking scamming cunts... !!!

You cannot see the bike but if you will not like it you will receive your money back. If this is okay for you please send me your details. Thank you

devo
22-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Check out the length of the number plate aren't they shorter than that just an observation maybe I am wrong Benz lives up that way perhaps he can enlighten us :)
But most definately a scam :(

appo
22-10-2007, 04:08 PM
all depends whats on the plate?????
it could be a NT one!

Large
22-10-2007, 04:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by appo

check out the response i got!!!!
fucking scamming cunts... !!!

You cannot see the bike but if you will not like it you will receive your money back. If this is okay for you please send me your details. Thank you

Ask him how much to bumfuck his sister[:p]

Booster
22-10-2007, 10:41 PM
There have been several bikes like that in the last 2 weeks, the scam is they want your details...

CookyMon
23-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Well I missed it! It's not listed on fleabay anymore.

appo
23-10-2007, 08:00 AM
the real guy selling the bike got in touch with me last night....
Someone has hacked his hotmail account and they have been using that.
they managed to relist his bike that he was selling several weeks ago and are trying to get people's details so they can access more email accounts..
hotmail is to fucken unsafe!!!
The police rang me last night to get copies of the email's I received and are looking into it (not that they will be able to do shit!!)
all these adds on ebay with a classified price (which is always low) are hijacked accounts.... one problem you can get when advertising on ebay!!!
the poor bugger was sweating it!!... they could of used his account for all sorts of things!!??

Large
23-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Shoulda thought up a better password.

bond12221
24-10-2007, 12:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Shoulda thought up a better password.

hahahahhahahhaha good one