PDA

View Full Version : TLS speedo option?

TKZBYK
04-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi to you all. I am new to streetfighters after having finally bitten the bullet & decided I will tear the fairing off my beloved TL1000S. Great bike, great torque, but shit clip-ons. Love the look of the bike around this website. Awesome!

Anyway... does anyone have any idea what I could use for a replacement speedo, tacho for my bike? The original is quite large, & takes a factory fitted multi pin plug into the back. I wouldn't be comfortable to re-wire , so is there another option out there? Do you need the lights for the indicators, neutral switch etc?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Lookin forward to hangin around here more!

Cheers
Tony

Gix11
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Welcome aboard Tony. This is where VEETWO_TLS steps in I think.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/veetwo_tls/tls-pipes-Custom.jpg

He's your man for this one.

fimpBIKES
04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
im just trying to nut this out mate,
i think either way u would need to dive into the wiring

but the way i plan to do it is to tap into whatever wires to the speedo that i need and leave the standard plug alone
that way i wont loose my little screen on the stock dash if i ever need to go into dealer mode

if u had some thing like the units stu sells and a wiring diagram for the bike i couldnt see why an autoelectrician would charge to much to wire up your unit

TKZBYK
05-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks folks. The dealer mode screen is something I hadn't thought of. What are you guys running currently?
I reckon I could have a crack at the wiring, but I'm finding it hard to "let go" & start undoing all the good Suzuki did in the first place, in the fear of stuffing something up.
If I had a starting point I could maybe check what I could do from there.
What are the Unit's Stu sells, & I suppose someone out there must do an aftermarket unit?
Thanks so far!

sluglie
05-07-2006, 12:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by TKZBYK

Thanks folks. The dealer mode screen is something I hadn't thought of. What are you guys running currently?
I reckon I could have a crack at the wiring, but I'm finding it hard to "let go" & start undoing all the good Suzuki did in the first place, in the fear of stuffing something up.
If I had a starting point I could maybe check what I could do from there.
What are the Unit's Stu sells, & I suppose someone out there must do an aftermarket unit?
Thanks so far!

just replace with a veypor http://www.veypor.com/ no need to hack into the wiring so you can always put it back to stock if you want.

gives rpm, kph, pos & neg g-force, 1/4 mile time (both protree ans standard launch), max torque, max hp, 0-100 times and shit loads of other stuff

Gix11
05-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Just testing you there Davo - you passed. Right, I'll get back in the cupbaord now then.

fimpBIKES
05-07-2006, 05:19 PM
really depend on what u need with the veypor
cos it isnt waterproof

so if u just want something that is going to be ok for the wet there is always the option of the bike speedo or one of stu's style ones

sluglie
05-07-2006, 05:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

really depend on what u need with the veypor
cos it isnt waterproof

so if u just want something that is going to be ok for the wet there is always the option of the bike speedo or one of stu's style ones

it is if you use the alloy casing.

the plastic cases leak around the button area, i just put a load of petrolium jelly inside the alloy case and no more leakage (and i have ridden through a rain storm or two just recently)

fimpBIKES
05-07-2006, 05:57 PM
seriously??

if thats the case i shall order one ASAP cos that is the only thing that i didnt like about it!!!!

cheers

TKZBYK
06-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I like the look of the Veypor & there is a distributor in Australia too. Once I've got the bars on, & the headlight unit, I'll be able to see the overall look to get it looking right.
Cheers

sluglie
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
forgot to mention, put some p/j round the shift light too

sprbeast
23-07-2006, 11:19 PM
here is what i plan on going with (prolly this winter...i just got to get the bike going again first)
This is a guage that i saw at the indy show from KOSO. I always check out theirs and other's booths to see if there are any cool guages that i could put on my bike. but there never has been anything that "tickled my fancy" until this year. then i came across the KOSO booth and this guage i feel is the ultimate streetfighter gauge. it definetly has the look i have been trying to find and the features are awesome. however it doesn't have the ability to be used as a laptimer like the one model that the veypor has) i took the pics with my hand there to give an idea on the size. there are two styles black and white faced. here are the specs retyped from their book.
all settings can be put into kmh but i am not typing both specs
mph
0-230 mph
odometer
trip A or B
Speeding warning setting range 20-110 in 5mph increments
top speed record
tire circumference setting
tach 0-15000
shift light set 5000-15000 100rpm increments
2/4 stroke 1-12 pistons
temp C/F
digital water temp range 32-248 F
digital oil temp range 32-248 F
over temp warning setting (water & oil) 140-248 F in 1 increments
Top tempeture record
Fuel Guage 10 levels 1 means 10% full (may not work correctly on models with just fuel light it may only read fuel or not)
Fuel resistance setting 100 510 ohms
insufficient fuel warning setting 10-50% adjust unit :10%
Clock
Target speed timer 20- 220 mph adjusts in 5mph increments
Target distance timer 1/32-20/32 mile adjust in 1/32 mile increments
Top Speed Timer: reads speed, distance, rpm, time (allows to act like having a dyno on your bike)

includes nice bracket, speed sensor, water temp sensor, oil temp sensor, and manual

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/273619997164112.jpg

sprbeast
23-07-2006, 11:21 PM
and the black faced..i am still not sure which will land on the bike but they are both nice! also noted that the suzuki speedo pickup will not work (some other bikes may according to them) but it comes with the proper sensors and pickups to run the speedo off the rotors.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/273619997156550.jpg

slickncghia
16-06-2008, 11:43 AM
i was just on their website looking at replacing the shitty pushbike speedo on mine.

However in another thread someone mentioned problems with longevity for this model. also its a bit flash for
my bike :P were there any other brands that you have seen around that looked ok? im doing the google thing atm

fimpBIKES
17-06-2008, 12:44 PM
koso make a less flashy one

got mine through stu (www.ausfr.com.au) for a tad over $200 bucks
cant remember the model off hand