PDA

View Full Version : Issues intro

Issues
20-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi I've been lookin on the ASF forum the last couple of days n think it's a good time to say hello, nice forum by the way. I'm zedsleds younger brother, I started modding bikes when I was 12 with my brother. I have done some trick stuff for different things over the years, from parts for robotics to super tourers. I have been outta the bike scene the last 5 years with competition four wheel driving, but am bored with it n thinking of building a street fighter.
I'm a toolmaker by trade but am currently building mining exploration mast drills, I have done most forms of machining from basic turning to 5 axis lathes with live tooling. I can also TIG weld and dont mind helping where I can.
I currently have a 1991 ZX11 for a work hack, I did have a 1976 Z1000A antil a year ago, have also had a 1978 Z650.
I'm thinkin bout a large cc bike turbo'ed thats bout as far as its gone, maybe a zx12, tl or similar, just after some ideas at the moment.

Cheers Issues (flame suit on)

latheboy
20-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey Issues how goes it and welcome ...
Great just what we need , another toolmaker;) ... So are you an piss head or insane .. Toolmakers are always one or the other, or even both :D

Issues
20-10-2007, 02:13 PM
proberly verge on insane, I always mod things to far, because I can. Problem is if it isn't done to the limit first time, it will get done again til it is.
Thanks for the warm welcome, was reading the other into's last night n I'm still wasing for the roasting.;)

latheboy
20-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Well you said hi first and didnt want somfin straight up .. But if you want ill go mix up some soap flakes and petrol[}:)]:D

BANDITROD
20-10-2007, 03:08 PM
welcome aboard mate and its good to see someone say hi im ?? and i ride a ?? instead of wanting help or got something for sale cheers mate :D:D

BANDITROD
20-10-2007, 03:10 PM
btw what sort of 4x4 did you have i have got a daihatsu f20 with a 253 v8 in it and i am trying to find info on how to do a 5 speed conversion on it do you know of anyone

Issues
20-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Patrols, dont know of any conversions for the f20 most people I know covert the running gear to toyota hilux or bunderra, some to rocky. If its got a centre rear diff proberly best bet use a hilux gearbox n transfer as the 253 adapters are easy to get, may even find a second hand one. I think the bunderra had the same bell housing with a 60 series offset transfer but you would have to talk to someone who knows toyotas better than me. F20's are not usually worth playin with cos they are weak n hard to get parts for, I only know to people that comp them one with hilux diffs n commodore v6 with t700r auto, other with bunderra diffs n gearbox with 2.4 turbo deisel.

From what I have seen here there seems to be alot of modds done on 600's n smaller bikes, is that cos there cheap or for handling? I prefer 900cc+ for the torque n I like a bike with some size, when you are goin fast you can feel it n they dont bounce all over the shit Aust roads.

BillyWhizz888
21-10-2007, 10:15 AM
WELCOME ;)

GaNDaLF
22-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Welcome aboard Issues...:}

Gix11
22-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Yea, welcome Issues. Your brother mentioned you might join up at some point. As for the majority being 600s, I think that is just recently. The majority is 900cc+ bikes mate.

zx12argh
22-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome mate - go the 12r - you know you want too :D