PDA

View Full Version : On the beach

CookyMon
19-10-2007, 09:13 AM
G'Day folks, I'm James, or Cooky, or you can call me what you like.

Here's a brief history of me with all the important facts included:
1. I bought a '91 GSX-R 750 not too long ago and immediately chucked it down the road. I pick it up from my old home in Coffs Harbour next week! (I'm excited about getting back on the road.)
2. Yesterday while I was at work I met a young bloke wearing an ASF hoodie.
3. After having a brief chat with the aforementioned bloke, and talking about the aforementioned bike, I decided to join the ASF forum.

So that's me in a nutshell. I'm undecided as to whether I'll leave my bike as is with some lovely looking crash damage, get the fairings fixed nice and proper, or pull her apart and get some streetfightering done!

Nice to meet you all.
James.

latheboy
19-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Welcome James how goes it .. All you need to know is .. Fairys are GHEY ..

BANDITROD
19-10-2007, 09:27 AM
welcome cooky hope you enjoy the site

BOHEMION
19-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Welcome mate

GaNDaLF
19-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Welcome Cooky....:}

BillyWhizz888
19-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Greetings
"or you can call me what you like"
man the boys are getting soft in the old age... :D

welcome anyway

zx12argh
19-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome aboard mate - got any plans yet for your "instant rebuild just add road rash"?

CookyMon
19-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the welcomes guys. BillyWhizz that's "Mr. what you like" to you okay?[8D]

appo
19-10-2007, 01:01 PM
gday dude...

Gix11
19-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Welcome aboard Cooky. Any idea who the random geezer was that you spoke to?

As for putting it back to stock, well you might find discarded parts in the trading area that will fix you up, but more than likely you will see what is possible with the model you have and think "fuck it" and become a mad man. ...and by 'mad man', I don't mean "immediately chuck it down the road" again by the way. What caused the chuck anyway?

HueyonaBlade
19-10-2007, 04:13 PM
G'Day M8 , Welcome in Here as for putting it back to stock F@*K that but if your heart is set on it then I have a full set of genuine fairings for your machine in the red and white colour scheme drop me an email if you want

Iceman
19-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Welcome aboard James.

Groomey
19-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Gday matey

CookyMon
20-10-2007, 01:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Welcome aboard Cooky. Any idea who the random geezer was that you spoke to?

...and by 'mad man', I don't mean "immediately chuck it down the road" again by the way. What caused the chuck anyway?

I don't know the guy's name, but I've sold him a bit of grog since starting my latest job in Brookvale a few months ago. Can't remember now if he said he worked at Extreme Creations, or if he just knows Ben from Extreme Creations and recommended I take my bike there. How's that for a few clues? ;)

And what? You mean I shouldn't start a streetfighter project using bitumen to scrape the fairings off? I low sided after getting a bit too enthusiastic exiting a roundabout, but I'd just been for my first proper ride through the hills on this bike and I was in a good mood. I remember thinking "Fuck! I've dropped it... Hey somersaulting is fun! Ow..." I got away with only a cracked rib and some bruises. The new leather jacket that my girl had just given me worked a treat![8D]

HueyonaBlade, the offer of fairings is tempting but I'm torn as to what to do. Either way I'm not going to be throwing money at my bike til after Xmas.

WHO-NIN
20-10-2007, 02:37 AM
^^^ good enough reason to start a fighter....
oh n welcome to the madness

Tone
20-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Welcome...I need some beer,where in Brooky,pub or cellars?I'll come in and say ello!
Like your choice of bike to.

CookyMon
20-10-2007, 11:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tone

Welcome...I need some beer,where in Brooky,pub or cellars?I'll come in and say ello!
Like your choice of bike to.

Woolworths Liquor in the Mall. I usually work nights 'cos the shop doesn't shut til midnight. I'm only there for another week though - I was told yesterday that I'm being promoted to a management position in the supermarket, starting on Monday week.

Fark, only 4 sleeps til I get my bike! I can't friggin wait![:p]