PDA

View Full Version : You boys have been busy with SF mag haven't you?

Gix11
03-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I somehow missed the August issue of Streetfighters which I'm trying to sort out with Dave at the moment, but today a magazine arrived so I was quite happy that it had turned up - only to find out it was September's issue!

There's a section in it called "Foreign Fan Mail" in this issue and bugger me - who's ugly mugs showed up? We've got Suxukifreak, Darn (Darren that just joined with the matt black Blade), Billywhizz, NZSF1 and the hero of the day Abelg. Why the hero? 'Cause he gave a shout out to all the ASF guys. Good on ya mate.

There's a couple of other posts from Aus as well. One disturbed me. Remember that green ZZR250 that showed up on Ebay which had the fairings removed and the acerbis headlight added? Yea, well he's there representing Aus Streetfighters. Oh well. There's also another guy called James Hunter with an RZ500 from Brissy. I think he dropped in here once as well? There's also a guy called Mark Oakland from Perth with a '96 GSXR750 in satin black (stock wasp tail fairings and all). Anyone over there know him?

scotty mac
03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
how do you guys get the the bible? i picked mine up the other day(issue160-june) i know we're a bit backward up here;) but we can't be that slow....can we[?][?]. what issue is the latest?september august? i know its not june:(.
sounds like the aussies are showing a good following to the rest of the world[^][^]. good one lads[8D][8D]

Hagarr
03-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Scotty just go to your local newsagent get them to go to the Gordon & Gotch(I think thats how it's spelt) Publishers catalogue look for "Streetfighters" they will have a number against it which they will need to order it by. I had to stand over their shoulder whilst they were doing it because every time i went to a newsagent they kept saying it wasn't available. I've been getting mine for years now.

scotty mac
03-08-2007, 08:30 PM
no problem getting it. had to hunt around to get someone to order it. just it turns up late.cheers.

Gix11
03-08-2007, 11:38 PM
It's usually two months behind unless you subscribe mate.

scotty mac
03-08-2007, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

It's usually two months behind unless you subscribe mate.
ahh k. cheers. how can i subscride here in oz?

Jockney Rebel
04-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Si which one has the AFR in it cos im sure ive got all of em so far and nowt showin yet

Tony Nitrous
04-08-2007, 05:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

Si which one has the AFR in it cos im sure ive got all of em so far and nowt showin yet

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6833

Darn
04-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Sent those pics off about 6 months ago, been waiting to see if they used them, thanks gix i'll keep a look out for it...

Gix11
04-08-2007, 11:46 PM
The AFR one should be the next one to hit the shelves. The one I just mentioned won't be showing over here for another 2 months at least. If you want to subsribe go to the Members link at the top right where you sign in and click on MDM and send him an email. He's the editor of the mag so he'll put you in the right direction.

Jockney Rebel
05-08-2007, 12:41 AM
ta i thot id missed it ...

jakam04
06-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I bought the streetfighter mag with AFR in it today.. woohoo...

Jarrod

NZSF1
07-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Go you good thing, I have been waiting for the ninja to show up in that mag! That means both of my bikes have been in it. I know there have been a few articles on ASF bikes, trying to get some NZ bikes in there too. I'm sure slamdogs is worthy at least!

MDM
09-08-2007, 04:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

If you want to subsribe go to the Members link at the top right where you sign in and click on MDM and send him an email. He's the editor of the mag so he'll put you in the right direction.

As if I haven't got enough feckin' work to do! [8)]
International subscriptions are available (at £65.80) from Streetfighters Subs, Ocean Media Magazines Ltd, Freepost, Coventry, CV1 2BR, UK.
Or from www.streetfightersmag.com/subscribe/

Gix11
09-08-2007, 12:34 PM
See, there you go Dave. That's the "right direction" I was on about. Cheers mate.

Bastard
10-08-2007, 07:15 AM
was showing a mate the pictures of you guys in the mag the pics of my bike were sent off to sfmag around 4 months ag for the fan mail section and still no sign but great to see you guys in there good stuff.

suxukifreak
05-10-2007, 02:37 PM
This issue is on sale now at your local newsagent.

I sent my photos in around 9 months ago, so the bike looks a bit dated allready.

HOS
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Really pleased to see ASF getting some bikes and coverage in SF magazine !!

Nice one lads !!!!!!!!

A few of the DTP members have had bikes in SF so its good to see the Aus fighters being shown [8D]

Gix11
08-10-2007, 09:39 AM
There will be some more as well if the guys get back to me with their photos and details!