PDA

View Full Version : Question for EXBen

jakam04
02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I have one of your 3853 acewell dashes at the moment. I a thinking of upgrading to your new dash with temp gauge enclosed.

The question I have for you is... My original speedo goes up to 13k rpm with redline at 11.5k rpm. The acewell dash I have at the moment only goes up to 11k rpm which seems to work well enough. BUT.. the new speedo only goes up to 8k rpm. will this speedo have an issue trying to run being my bike revs well past 8k rpm.

The reason I was thinking of upgrading to this dash is cause I need a temp gauge. I was considering buying a Daytona digital temp gauge but they cost around $120. I have a buyer if things work ok to buy my dash for the remainder of the money I need for your new dash. If I buy your new dash it wil save space and would work out easier if it will suit my bike.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jarrod

BANDITROD
02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
i think they have digital rpm reading as well mate but you better check with ben first

HueyonaBlade
02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey Jarrod I have one off Bens dashes aswell not sure if your using the fuelgauge , does your tank have a sender? Cause I have wired the temp wire into the fuel wire of the speedo and when its cold it flashes as if its empty once it warms up it registers as if its half full and of course you really dont want to see that you have a full tank of juice , this works well for me how ever I would have bought one of these newies if I had the chance previously

EXBEN
02-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Jarrod, yes the new dash will still work fine,<s> as Rod said they have a numerical reading that goes above 8000, I believe the reasoning for getting rid of the last few numbers off the bar graph is that it spreads the lower numbers out more so it's easier to read, & you shouldn't be looking at the tacho above 8000 anyway you should be watching the road.;)
Because they've crammed so many things on this gauge there has to be compromises somewhere.
</s>
Forget everything I said, I was fitting up a new dash & found out that they actually have a function to set the bar graph to either an 8000 or 16000rpm range.
You can also turn off the fuel gauge if you don't need it.
Look here for a pic.
http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6905
I learned something new today :)