PDA

View Full Version : carbies for an 88 gixxer 750

03gixxerpilot
31-07-2007, 11:04 PM
a question for all you oldskool gixxer people

where do i find the marks identifing the carbies, the reason im asking is that i have an 88 gsxr750 that is having major problems with running smothly, i have been through the electrics form crank to plugs and every thing is ok, i have the carbies apart and apart form the pilot jet been a slight bit bigger than what the manual sayes and the needles been set to there higest ( richest )setting i can't find anything wrong with them, the bike was used as a race bike in the past and i don't know where the carbies came from. i would like to check the carbie bodies to make sure that they are the correct ones befor i put them back together.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appricated.

Cheers Clive.

megareg
01-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I might not be much help, as I'm old-old school GSX..... but on my Kat, I recall that there is a number sort of etched into the carby body..... I just can't remember, but I do have a set of '89 GSXR 750 36mm jobbies lying around in a box... I'll check a bit later on...

cheers

chopaweeza
01-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I have a set of 88' 750 carbs on my chopper. I'll have a look this weekend.

03gixxerpilot
01-08-2007, 09:50 PM
thanks for that it will be greatly appricated

chopaweeza
04-08-2007, 08:08 AM
On the right side of the bike they have Mikuni and on the left Made in Japan. thats all. No other identifying marks of any kind.

03gixxerpilot
04-08-2007, 11:13 AM
thanks for that chopper, i couldent find any either, i have had to disassemble them right down to the emulsion tube to check that they were correct, which they were.

zedsled
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I am currently trying to get a set of 88 750 carbs to run on my z, and have found that needle and seat quality and float height critical in smooth running for these carbs. Are you running pods or airbox? If you post up a picture, I can compare them to mine, as i could find no real identifying marks.
Jason

03gixxerpilot
05-08-2007, 07:58 PM
G'day Jason there are as you say no real identifying marks on the carbies, i have looked, we are runing the orignal airbox unmodded, and the motor is stantard, did you want a photo of the carbs or of the air box.