PDA

View Full Version : mv sale

appo
28-09-2007, 04:48 PM
how come these things are so dam exspensive??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MV-Agusta-Brutale-Serie-Oro-083_W0QQitemZ220154459569QQihZ012QQcategoryZ102690 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/43030024127432.jpg

gibbo
28-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Ooooh, thats nice I thought [:p], then I saw the price [:0], fuck, it aint that nice [}:)]

28-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Cos it's pretentious wop shit

Jockney Rebel
28-09-2007, 06:50 PM
.............and bought by people with more money than sense

papa smurf
28-09-2007, 08:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

.............and bought by people with more money than sense

And little dicks.......

alfiestorm
28-09-2007, 08:45 PM
anything italian is over priced copies of someone elses idea

britfighter
28-09-2007, 11:57 PM
cometh the weekend fighter mid life crisis bike me thinks

WHO-NIN
29-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Mainly because it's a limted edition "Oro" with a mag. or Ti rear swinger, light wieght wheels n top end suspension i think aswell, plus prolly a host of "factory carbon" n other upgrades(from a destroyed memory)....think ducati, if money's a question then the bikes not for you.

zx12argh
01-10-2007, 01:14 PM
You should have seen the look on face of the sales guy at the MV stand at the Brisbane motorcycle expo. We questioned the value of the $180,000 MV Augusta. He challenged us to build a billet titanium chasis and custom carbon fibre bike for under $180,000 - considering there were 3 mechanical engineers and one guy who builds boat hulls out of carbon fibre for a living he didn't stick around long when we were showing him the error of his ways...

Matt
03-10-2007, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

anything italian is over priced copies of someone elses idea

Er anything italian usually has the best of the best of everything. You wont see Ohlins, brembo etc on too many jap bikes. But you are all pretty right i reckon, the percentage of people who can actually ride a good italian bike how it was designed to be ridden are pretty low.

fimpBIKES
04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
haha, thats awesome zx12 :D

shove that in his pipe and smoke it!

God
04-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Shit spending $$$ on something like that makes as much sense as spending $10K+ on modifying secondhand jap bike.

Come to think of it, who in their right mind would spend $10 - $20K on a motorcycle when for under $14K you can get a brand new hyundai that has a roof to keep you dry when it rains...

fimpBIKES
04-10-2007, 10:51 AM
i always knew god was a wanker.... [:P]

appo
04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I would for one!!!! fuck hyundai!, fuck cars all together actually!!

plus we have what is called "the dry season"
fucking only rains for a month or two a year here.....

quote:Originally posted by God

Shit spending $$$ on something like that makes as much sense as spending $10K+ on modifying secondhand jap bike.

Come to think of it, who in their right mind would spend $10 - $20K on a motorcycle when for under $14K you can get a brand new hyundai that has a roof to keep you dry when it rains...

zx12argh
04-10-2007, 12:29 PM
This is the sort of thing that shits me tho - why spend 70k on a bike that gets ridden once a year... its not a bike if its not ridden it just a glorified paper weight. And before anyone calls it a work of art - no it isn't. That bike is mass produced - art is a one off original... kinda a like a streetfighter ;)

God
04-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Cmon argh, come out of the closet - you want it. You want it bad. We can all see how much you want it by how much you pretend it offends you...

If the dude is not asking you to pay for it what does it matter how much it costs or how often they use it?

if it's not a bike cause it's only ridden once a year, how often do they need to be ridden before they are...? I ask b/c I only use one of my bikes 4-5 times a year but it still averages 10K+ km/year, can I still call it a bike...?

As to why spend the money? - because he can. Wot other answer is needed?

Can I see the value? - NO, I struggle to see the value in basic version

If I had the cash would I buy one? - Hell NO

Groomey
05-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Brutales are sexy in the flesh. Mv's make jap bikes look plain, and have you heard the note they make.

Large
05-10-2007, 05:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by God

Cmon argh, come out of the closet - you want it. You want it bad. We can all see how much you want it by how much you pretend it offends you...

If the dude is not asking you to pay for it what does it matter how much it costs or how often they use it?

if it's not a bike cause it's only ridden once a year, how often do they need to be ridden before they are...? I ask b/c I only use one of my bikes 4-5 times a year but it still averages 10K+ km/year, can I still call it a bike...?

As to why spend the money? - because he can. Wot other answer is needed?

Can I see the value? - NO, I struggle to see the value in basic version

If I had the cash would I buy one? - Hell NO

I'm with The Lord on this one.

The day I bought my ZX at the auctions, there was an Aprillia Factory R on the blocks.

Went for 12.500 (about 30k new), but fuck it was the sexiest bike ever with only scratches on the plastic tank and one bit of the carbon fairing.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/70065224030299.jpg

Not everyone wants or needs one but fuck it would make a unique fighter

zx12argh
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
See this is why I stopped going to church - God always was telling me I was wrong [:p]

Is it a good looking bike? Undeniable. Is it packed with all the top shelf goodies? Abso-fucking-lutely.
Is it better then a current model GSXR1000 to ride? Arguably not.

I'm of course generalising (always dangerous) but most of these $180k MV's are going to sit in a humidity controlled environment in someones garage at best taken out for a cafe run because the owner is too afraid to get it wet. Whats my point? Well there isn't really a point. I just got my freckle up when the MV salesman looked down his nose at me and tried to tell me that I would never be able to ride anything like it. Well fuck him I say.

If I had to make a point its I find more value in a beaten up shitter that some one rides everyday cause thats all he's got over a bike that is sensational but basically pointless because its just going to sit and gather dust.

As for how much riding qualifies it as a bike - If you are riding it as much as you are able too... then yeah I guess. But if you only ride it to "keep it mechanically sound" like the ebay add said then really then it stops being a bike and becomes an investment - which is not a bad thing - it just becomes a paper weight like I said.