PDA

View Full Version : one cool header

gixxer-fixxer
29-07-2007, 04:49 AM
Bike 89 slingshot.One outside cylinder is cooler than the rest.The cylinder has spark and all carby's are balanced. Runs a bit rough down low but still gets airborne when wound out. Compression is good. The plug is a little wet with fuel when removed but still sparks. Exhaust doesn't stink of fuel. I think it may be a carby issue,maybe a float problem ? Not sure whether fixing it will give more power or just run smoother down low. Also removal of plug lead whilst running causes bike to run on three(LIKE SHIT)cheers

Hagarr
29-07-2007, 01:07 PM
750 or 11? Interesting if it's number 1 cylinder!! Does the bike tend to hunt really slightly at about 60k in a high gear?

gixxer-fixxer
30-07-2007, 04:51 AM
g'day hagar,750cc .The cylinder is far right from riding pos.Yes last time I rode it,it was hunting which was the first time it has happened.Is a strange problem.The cylinder must be working because it's not a cold header,just nowhere near the temp of the others.I'm thinking it's the float level causing it to flood and not able to burn effectively.Carby's are extremely touchy on these machines. unrelated ........slow response due to computer probs cheers

Hagarr
30-07-2007, 05:43 PM
The reason I ask is a mate of mine has been having no end of grief with his Bandit since he has owned since new. He's changed carb's ignitions piston's ECU and some. No1 cylinder just keeps fouling a plug. I ran a thread a while back on the subject to see if anyone knew anything but to no avail so i will watch this space with anticipation.

Hillsy
30-07-2007, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

The reason I ask is a mate of mine has been having no end of grief with his Bandit since he has owned since new. He's changed carb's ignitions piston's ECU and some. No1 cylinder just keeps fouling a plug. I ran a thread a while back on the subject to see if anyone knew anything but to no avail so i will watch this space with anticipation.

Does he keep it on the side stand or a race stand???

Hagarr
30-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Hmmmm Side stand!!!!

dazz
01-08-2007, 09:42 AM
make sure diaphram on fuel tap is not leaking as this may cause the problem, it did on my brothers bike (91 1100)