PDA

View Full Version : how much would you pay??

bond12221
13-09-2007, 09:28 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/8053600152527.jpg

hey guys, im looking at putting my streetfighter up for sale on ebay and bike sales. not sure how much to let it go for so wonderin what would be a reasonable price to ask for (loking for a quick sale)

its a 98 zx6r with 55 thousand kms
it has a k&n air filter (re jetted)
muzzy carbon fibre can
flashmount indicators
carbon fibre rear hugger and chain guard
seat cowl
new paint
radiator guard
braided front break lines
rego running out soon but sold with pink slip

Hillsy
14-09-2007, 09:27 AM
If you've got the original fairings and can put it back to stock you'd get a decent price for it, but as it is you'd probably be looking at around $2500.

Not trying to piss you off, that's just how it is.

So forget eBay and fighter the thing properly....

bond12221
14-09-2007, 09:45 AM
quote:If you've got the original fairings and can put it back to stock you'd get a decent price for it, but as it is you'd probably be looking at around $2500.

Not trying to piss you off, that's just how it is.

So forget eBay and fighter the thing properly....
quote:

how do i fighter it properly :( i thought it was a fighter already[V]

Gix11
14-09-2007, 02:35 PM
What have you done to it to make it a fighter mate? Not trying to dig at you, just curious.

bond12221
14-09-2007, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

What have you done to it to make it a fighter mate? Not trying to dig at you, just curious.

well not sure if im correct but the things in the pic above was what i thought a fighter was about (with some exceptions) as in fairings taken off and side ones cut low down, headlight changed, rear hugger installed, seat cowl installed, custom paint etc,

not sure what more i can do without totally changing the frame which i have no time nor money to do

cutcat
14-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Don't stress Bondy, the fact is that just by removing the fairing and putting an aftermarket headlight on just isn't enough these days. The bar has been set very high by most members on this site. Jobs like yours(and even mine for that matter) look half-arsed compared to the serious players. But thats OK cos we all have different budgets, priorities and tastes.
To make yours a serious fighter, I would put on a set of USD forks, a smaller tail section and a set of wide flat bars. Oh and a turbo wouldn't got astray!!!
But now that you have decided to sell her, you will be in for a suprise, cos half arsed fighters fetch fuk-all. Especially if they are under 750cc.
You will probably make more parting it out on Ebay.
Cheers.

sharky
14-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Trouble is mate it looks like what it it is...Fairings removed and a headlight chucked on. Thats fine as a starting point, but to most people that's all it is.
I'd replace that headlight unit with summat proper, or just tidy it up a bit,...it looks a bit 'tacked on'. Oh and lose the belly pan/lower fairing bit.

Deano
14-09-2007, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Trouble is mate it looks like what it it is...Fairings removed and a headlight chucked on. Thats fine as a starting point, but to most people that's all it is.
I'd replace that headlight unit with summat proper, or just tidy it up a bit,...it looks a bit 'tacked on'. Oh and lose the belly pan/lower fairing bit.

see i like the lower fairing bit.
but you are right it does look like a crashed bike that has had minium dollars spent on it to get it back on the road.

good luck with the sale

bond12221
14-09-2007, 08:49 PM
yeah cheers guys

good advice

i personally like the belly pan, and i admit that the tail doesnt lokk very fighterish, but i thought the head light was spot on.

personally i love the look of the bike but i must have been kidding myself on its fighter credentials. i guess looking at it its not the complete package but as far as the bars go i love the clip ons as opposed to the high bars coz i love the sports bike feel (i know its a contradiction)

how would i go about fitting a turbo?? and how much would it cost??

thanks again guys

Matt
15-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Yeah mate, a 98 zx6 in original condition is probably worth $4-5k? without the farings will drop that a bit, its still a good bike by the looks of it, so you will only be dissapointed on whatever prospective buyers think its worth, unfortunately its a buyers market and there are some very cheap later model bikes for sale that still cant attract any interest from buyers. Let me know if you get too desperate to get rid of it, and i might be able to throw a couple of grand your way ;)

cutcat
15-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey Bondy, you sound like an alright guy. You took some serious criticism on this forum and came out standing tall.
If you are unsure about getting rid of the bike, maybe put in a bit more effort on her and you will find a new sort of respect for it. The ZX6 is a top machine. It was the first bike I fightered(mind you I put a 1200cc efi donk in mine!). I loved the look and feel, including the clip ons....yes I liked mine too and kept them on. Try jacking up the rear end on yours and throw on a ZX7R USD front end and she will look a treat.
All the best.

RUSS M8
15-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah, to fetch a decent price it needs a set of full fairings, or a few more mods...
Not a bad little bike them 6's :)

dinorider
09-10-2007, 03:28 PM
ah I see things have been accepted that should have been a long time ago.may have to poke my nose in a bit more again.

Gix11
09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey Dinorider. Welcome back mate. S'been a while hey?

dinorider
10-10-2007, 07:27 PM
yeah playin at the pcra.my fighter is nearly done and it is a real one.lol.frame from oz 89 actually L model 96 front 93 arse 6" rear rim with 190 tyre lots of engineering to fit all.no torque arm which was a bastard but completed.need cdi,oil cooler,coils,rearsets and some bling.got a different headlight and tail to what is the norm.