PDA

View Full Version : woz's '84 GPZ900R

iwozza
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/45464761182291.JPG
up for grabs is my GPZ900R. It has been my mini project and daily ride for the past 18 months. Conventional wisdom says to return it to original condition for best sale price, but I thought I'd give ASF'ers first bite at the cherry, in case there was any interest in it as a naked bike on the way to becoming a 'fighter'. If not, it will be returned to original and sold at auction on ebay. If sold here all original parts are included, and the bike will come with about a ute load of other parts (too many to mention) including an almost complete motor. The bike runs and rides well (as a GPZ9 should) and looks pretty tuff, but has heaps more potential for both 'fighter tuffness' and performance.

mild mods so far include removal of fairings, custom mounting of instruments, lights etc, cosmetic trimming of plastics over rear wheel, custom mounting of radiator and (larger) oil cooler.

there is some more pics available on request, or on this site in the gallery pages (i think)

Colour: Blue
Year: 1984
Clock: ??? a couple to choose from
Rego to: May '08
Price: AU$2200

damo1
10-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Whats the story with you blokes fronting up here 1st post trying to sell something:(

Si i recon its about time to put a 10 post minimum or something on these tools fronting up and abusing the system and using it for free advertising.[xx(]

$2200[:0]

Hillsy
10-09-2007, 02:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Whats the story with you blokes fronting up here 1st post trying to sell something:(

Si i recon its about time to put a 10 post minimum or something on these tools fronting up and abusing the system and using it for free advertising.[xx(]

+1

BOHEMION
10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Oh OOOOO, dont let sharky see this

papa smurf
10-09-2007, 06:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

+1

+ another 1,,,,,,,,,,worth about $500 i reckon.

pommie02
10-09-2007, 07:15 PM
I think the decimal point is in the wrong place $2.20 is more realistic

BANDITROD
10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
what a fuckin knobhead

pommie02
10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm sure the price includes the ute

Hillsy
10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
HANG ON......is that a Gixxer oil cooler [?]

Might be worth the money after all......:D

sharky
10-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Moi [?] Don't think I need to mate.

Benz
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Mate, if you want 2200 for it, you could at least wash it before you take the photo. Some paint on the exhaust would be a good idea too.
That rear disc is pretty rusty, got a seized caliper back there?
If you get 1500 for it, you'd be very lucky......

Jockney Rebel
11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
ill do a straight swop for the baldy whore mate

cutcat
13-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Come on guys, I think its great new dudes are advertising with us. It doesn't matter if its their first post or not, at least it gives us the chance of snapping up a bargain. Better seeing it here first than on Ebay with the rest of the world watching.(pity this guy is a little optimistic with his pricing tho!);)

zx12argh
13-09-2007, 05:52 PM
how about instead of having them sign up as members have a for sale section on the forum - yeah yeah I know there already is a for sale section but thats a members section something else - just a buffer so we can get the option on possible bargains but stop the need for one minute wonders trying to flog off shit.

$2200 with a rwc on any bike is fair money - not great but fair.

Hillsy
13-09-2007, 07:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

how about instead of having them sign up as members have a for sale section on the forum - yeah yeah I know there already is a for sale section but thats a members section something else - just a buffer so we can get the option on possible bargains but stop the need for one minute wonders trying to flog off shit.

$2200 with a rwc on any bike is fair money - not great but fair.

There's no mention of an RWC there Pete - and from the looks of it the rear guard won't pass.....and probably the rear disc.....and......oh whatever

cutcat
13-09-2007, 09:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Nah 12, you have to have 'em sign up first just in case one of the slimey bastards runs off with your money, then at least you'll have something to go on.[B)]
I guess you wouldn't send money to a newby anyway. It would be a 'payment on pick-up' job.;)

jakam04
13-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Heres a suggestion....

Have a noticeable button labelled "Non member selling items" button...

and then after they input their item it automatically puts a pop up saying "fuck off knob or join up and introduce yourelf". At the bottom of that pop up.. have two more buttons. One saying go to intro section... and the other saying Cancel..

If they click the Cancel button.... then it cancels their input so we dont have to read their shit....

Sounds complicated, but it will weed out the fuckin knobs.

Jarrod

iwozza
18-09-2007, 12:12 PM
well excuse me for not having my masters in forum etiquette (that's manners for the less literate (perhaps manners might be a little high brow around here)) as some of you said, i was only doing what your forum allowed.

i have enjoyed this site a lot and was considering paid membership, but many of you have reminded me of its greatest weakness: any kind of forum is usually dominated by keyboard cowboys who consider themselves lords in the space between their face and their screens.

i got better things to do so i'm outta here. i know the compulsive poster's will have nothing better to do than reply, but don't bother, i won't be back to read it.

appo
18-09-2007, 12:26 PM
fucking hell.... I see what you guys are on about around
here.. this wozza dude must be the biggest fuck up on earth!!

jakam04
18-09-2007, 12:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by iwozza

well excuse me for not having my masters in forum etiquette (that's manners for the less literate (perhaps manners might be a little high brow around here)) as some of you said, i was only doing what your forum allowed.

i have enjoyed this site a lot and was considering paid membership, but many of you have reminded me of its greatest weakness: any kind of forum is usually dominated by keyboard cowboys who consider themselves lords in the space between their face and their screens.

i got better things to do so i'm outta here. i know the compulsive poster's will have nothing better to do than reply, but don't bother, i won't be back to read it.

Feel free to delete your worthless bike sales post as a final favour.... and as you leave, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out....

ciao

Jarrod

Matt
18-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh gee i was just writing out a cheque for $2200 too.....

jakam04
18-09-2007, 12:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Matt

Feel free to up it to $3500 and buy my GSXR lol:D

Jarrod

Matt
18-09-2007, 12:58 PM
If i had that money i would mate ;)

appo
18-09-2007, 01:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

Jarrod

what bike are you selling J??

jakam04
18-09-2007, 01:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by appo

Jarrod

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7302

Jarrod

appo
18-09-2007, 01:07 PM

Jarrod

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7302

Jarrod

is this coming to darwin with you or you selling before u leave.

jakam04
18-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Depends... Its for sale here at the moment. So if it goes it goes. As for bringing it up to Darwin... will wait and see as a storm cloud is brewing at the moment....will explain in time.

Jarrod

appo
18-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Depends... Its for sale here at the moment. So if it goes it goes. As for bringing it up to Darwin... will wait and see as a storm cloud is brewing at the moment....will explain in time.

Jarrod

no worries mate..
I'll be interested in it if you bring it up.
how come your selling it for a grand more than you paid??
have you done much to it???

jakam04
18-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Yup... cause Ive spent money on minor things eg. tyres etc and I also think $3500 is a very good price for what it is.

Jarrod