PDA

View Full Version : Qld bike safety slide night.

suxukifreak
04-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Some interesting facts.....

http://www.in8elite.com.au/gsx1400/summit_presentation_narelle_haworth.pdf

ozzy1100
05-09-2007, 10:40 AM
shit some are just scarey

zx12argh
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
You know whats funny? No where did I see anywhere the focus on slowing riders down... It was education, safety gear, road surface and treatment.

Strange that.

Hillsy
05-09-2007, 01:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

You know whats funny? No where did I see anywhere the focus on slowing riders down... It was education, safety gear, road surface and treatment.

Strange that.

I think that would fall under "enforcement (riders and drivers)" on page 11.

But I'm unsure of the "fatality rates per million" graph on page 8 - does that indicate that fatality rates are going down for bikers??

fimpBIKES
05-09-2007, 02:44 PM
roadside funiture is my biggest gripe at the moment

ESPECIALLY after seeing just how much cheese-grater is on the main hwy from newcastle to goldcoast

its crazy now, MOST of the ride you have the stuff on BOTH sides of your lane
with gravelly shit between the lane and the cheese-grater

oh, and it especially should NEVER be used on the outside of corners

its all just common sense, but unfortunately i really doubt it will change

even in areas with signs that said "Rough Surface" (and there were A LOT of these, it seems that the RTA now just put these signs up and then wait a few months before they actually get around to doing anything about the shitty surface)
there was FRESHLY installed cheese-grater

so they dont have time to resurface properly, but they seem to love installing this shit!!!!

zx12argh
05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Strange that.

I think that would fall under "enforcement (riders and drivers)" on page 11.

But I'm unsure of the "fatality rates per million" graph on page 8 - does that indicate that fatality rates are going down for bikers??

Actually mate I was going by her recommendations - my point is there is no money to be made through education so it will always take a back seat to revenue raising that deals with symptoms and not the cause.

The graph your talking about is deaths vs age... so the older you get the less chance you have of dying... You'd be almost invincible by now mate wouldn't ya? [:p]

Hillsy
05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah nice one Pete......:(

Gix11
06-09-2007, 12:45 PM
I whole-heartedly agree with this one:

Recommendation 1:
Improve road surface and treat environmental hazards
on high-volume motorbike routes

Especially on the roads near me. You have to be a professional MX rider to handle some of the corners round my way.