PDA

View Full Version : The origin of the motorcycle

gibbo
31-08-2007, 07:13 PM
On the first day, God created the Heavens, the Earth, and the Wisemans Ferry Road. But He wasn't too happy, His Kingswood (automobile) would sway on the corners, crawl up the hills, and use heaps of juice.

On the second day, God took a new tack, and created the step through. He enjoyed the wind in His hair (He hadn't created helmets then), it was fun, and used bugger-all petrol, but it still crawled up the hills.

On the third day, God created the h*nda Four, and it flew up the hills. With four into ones, it sounded better, it never broke down, but the corners remained a problem. Yet He had tasted power, and craved for more.

Thus, on the fourth day, He added two more cylinders to His h*nda, and created adrenaline. His insurance premiums doubled, and it cost a fortune to get the tappets done. He also created fear (His hair turned white), and the cliché "enough is enough".

On the fifth day, God blew a couple of joints, had rap with Willie G., and created the Harley Davidson. He would cruise up and down the hills in top gear, and pick up heaps of babes. He would get off on the note. But the Hog was too heavy, broke down a lot and handled like the Kingswood.

Then, on the sixth day, He made the Bonneville. He would still pick up babes outside Wisemans Pub, and it sounded good. His bike was light, and for the first time, the corners were fun. It handled! God was stoked. But the vibration gave Him a pain in the arse, His kidneys were history, it was a touch gutless and He ran out of juice every 100 miles. He wasn't happy, but shit, He was close.

So finally, on the seventh day, God produced a motorcycle with the speed of a h*nda, the torque of a Harley and the handling of a Triumph. He could afford the petrol, tune it Himself, pick up chicks and still blow off Ducatis through the corners. He called His bike GSXR, and He was happy.

Docktor
31-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Amen

TurboKat
31-08-2007, 09:21 PM
You need to be shot in the head with a ball of your own shit Gibbo :(

WATEVR
31-08-2007, 09:34 PM
mate you seemed to have made a typo and put a GS where the Z was meant to go....best fix it before you get laughed at!!

gibbo
31-08-2007, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

Now that made me lol & lmao :D

zx12argh
31-08-2007, 10:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

quote:Originally posted by turbokat

Now that made me lol & lmao :D

ditto [:p]

Zrex1200au
01-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Love It.
Slightly dyslexic, but still very good:D.

Jockney Rebel
01-09-2007, 04:18 AM
...later on the same day God [who was from glasgow ] rode one of mr bloors triumphs and decided the chosen ones from the angel isle had beaten the nips at their own game saw no need for the xtra cylinder and bought his son a triple :}

gibbo
01-09-2007, 09:56 AM
For which his son was nailed to a cross...

crazymofo
01-09-2007, 11:46 AM
LOL!!

scotty mac
01-09-2007, 12:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Docktor

Amen
x2

Jockney Rebel
01-09-2007, 01:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

For which his son was nailed to a cross...
yer going to hell for that ....lol:D
btw u know how i know God comes from Glasgow ? where else would u get a deity that could turn water into booze [cept maybe australia]:D

Docktor
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Jesus sure as hell didnt come from Werribee,we havent got 3 wise men and a virgin

Jockney Rebel
01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
lol

HueyonaBlade
01-09-2007, 08:26 PM

Jesus sure as hell didnt come from Werribee,we havent got 3 wise men and a virgin

now thats a wise statement:D

Snortin
04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey guys give credit where credit is due. A bit of a history lesson - even though he's not history yet as far as I know. The original version of this poem was written by that old road reprobate and breeder of about a dozen kids (that he'll admit to), Geoff Seddon - the guy that is current Street Machine editor ( when it comes to cages nothing displaces displacement - long live the V8), was previously editor of People Magazine, started Ralph magazine on his own (for the most part)and was the instigator of that sadly missed bible, Streetbike. (he and his mag are the head of the gene pool - Rapid is the much loved bastard son) And finally it was about that glorious oil dripper, the Norton Commando, (of which I own a few I'll admit), not a GSXR although I'm fairly sure Geoff has a soft spot for them as well, along with earlier 4 valve Ducatis if I remember my reading (his biased rabbitting on) correctly

BANDITROD
04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by scotty mac

Amen
x2

x3