PDA

View Full Version : project- turbo srad fighter

chicken
15-08-2007, 08:43 PM
hey guys,
im a new member to asf. at the moment i am building turboed 1996 gsxr 750 fighter. so far i have fitted a 06 r1 ass end, modified the wiring loom to fit fuse box etc in the tail, yoshimura rearsets, oversized wave rotors, braided lines, 666 front guard,lots of stuff from austreetfighter, and various parts for the turbo conversion. currently with the help of some good mates, plenum chamber, exhaust manifold and pipe work is being fabricated. was gonna go with the black on black theme, but being a past spraypainter i think i might do a really nice job and give the frame, subrame and swingarm a few coats of really dark grey mettalic with about 10 coats of clear(exaggeration) and buff the shit out of them. and do the tank, tail guard,etc with one of alsa corps mystic range( prob the gold one). well, i wont give all my secrets away, but ill take some photos of my progress and let all see.

WATEVR
15-08-2007, 08:57 PM
welcome to this here madness boost. sounds like you got yourself an awesome build going mate, but as we like to say round here you got nothing until pics!!!

Iceman
16-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Welcome aboard Nick.

geesexar
16-08-2007, 07:32 AM
welcome boost..sounds like a good thing happening there...keep us posted..cheers

Tone
16-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm liking the sound of this...welcome also.

Stocky
17-08-2007, 07:26 AM
I think that kind of paint job will need a practice run first.

I have a dirty old GS500 you can practice on LOL

I'm thinking you are going to need progress pics on that one too mate.

You can't tease these guys with all that info and not have pics.

If it's a drama let me know and I'll swing past and take some and post them up.

;)

Booster
17-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Boost
If you need any info etc about the srad i turbo'd one in 04 , and have some spares from getting 1/2 way thru collecting bits for another .
Also if like mine it turns into a total mono animal it can be tamed a little with a busa swingarm without compromising handling much or look any different.

Gix11
17-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Welcome to another Gladstone member. I'm guessing you already know Tony and Gerard. Get some photos up when you can mate.

chicken
17-08-2007, 08:19 PM
hey fellas,
i will try and get some photos up this weekend. we have just moved house and i cant find the fucking lead that plugs the camera into the computer, but i will keep looking. yes, i do know tony and gerard. gerard is a mad bastard that amazes me with his talents, and i think it was tonys gixxer that gave me the inspiration to start my project, so thanks guys. im still in the trial and error fitting stages with every bit of plasic and metal a diferent colour, so it doesnt look real pretty, but im happy with the progress. im expecting my first child around late early december, so i cant throw all my funds at the bike like i have been, but with the help of some good mates, it shouldnt be to far away b4 im carving up the tarmac on two wheels again.

Stocky
17-08-2007, 09:13 PM
OOOHHHHH kid on the way .... that was news.... congrats mate.

Thanks for the compliments too..... I think.