PDA

View Full Version : spitfire flying where

alfiestorm
11-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Where can I get a ride in a genuine spitfire fighter plane preference would be in south Australia anyone know

alf

Ya see I have a thing for these aircraft as both my grandfather had something to do with them in the time of war

Dick
11-08-2007, 01:17 AM
I think you'd be lucky to find one in OZ mate. From memory there is only one two seater in the county.(my boss has a two seat P-51)[V] Try looking up Temora Aviation Museum. They might be able to help you.

Jockney Rebel
11-08-2007, 02:35 AM
i know of 1 mkIX spit in oz that never saw service [delivered too late ] but dont know of any 2 seaters
u could always sit in the cheap seats ...outside ...lol

WATEVR
11-08-2007, 07:39 AM
i know that down at Aldinga airport they do joyflights in old fighters, but i wouldnt have a clue what they are just they go over our place,well actually our old place.

Deano
11-08-2007, 01:03 PM
the Old Aeroplane Company here in Melbourne restore and own old war planes.

we deal with them through work every now and then.

worth a try but no guarentees.

Large
11-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Even if you find a 2 seater in oz, you'll prolly find it's not available for hire or very expensive if it is. I've seen mustangs with the radio equipment removed and a seat in its place, not sure if it was in oz.

Shoulda auditioned for that Fighter Pilot tv program while you were still in blighty:)

Maybe check out the Wanaka (NZ) show?

alfiestorm
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
I did but they said i was too good lookin and women would storm the film set ?

Gix11
12-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Just build one mate! My mate from the RAF sent me a link just a few weeks ago.

But needless to say, it wouldn't be an original, but surely, if anyone will know where to find an original, or even own one that looks so true to life that if you squint you could feel as if you're in one, it would be someone associated with this mob: http://www.supermarineaircraft.com

jock
12-08-2007, 09:12 PM
temora aviation museum in temora NSW have 2 flying spits along with a stack of other old WW1 / WW2 and later war stuff

awesome day out - they fly all thier stuff over a weekend once a month

the v12 merlin is the coolest sounding aircraft, however the aussie made boomerang fighter kicks it but - fucking awesome machine

alfiestorm
13-08-2007, 10:09 AM
so far the info provided from this fighter site is looking good. Have made contact with some peeps about hitchin a ride in a spitfire fighter and waiting for some times and prices it is looking like it will happen.

Jockney Rebel
13-08-2007, 05:47 PM
ere alf dont forget yer silk scarf and 'yer mouth full of marbles' accent.
bandits at 6o'clock, foxtrot,uniform ,charlie, kilo !:} gosh gingers bought it,hes gone in the drink

ill get me coat .....