PDA

View Full Version : relays again

saiken
22-07-2007, 02:06 PM
sorry to post another topic up about relays =P but.

i have a 30A 12v bosch relay here and i need to know what each pin does....

they are:

30 (guessing switching wire)

87 (guessing both of these are outputs that are turned on by the switching wire)

thanks in advance guys

chadams
22-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi Mate,
Here is a link that explains how relays work, once you understand this it all becomes clear why you don't want to push 10 or more amps though your switch blocks given most of them only use 1 to 5amp wire.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/relay.htm

Johnnie5
22-07-2007, 03:09 PM
replays usually have a little diagram on them as to what the terminals are

saiken
22-07-2007, 03:35 PM
ive figured it out now... just its being mean! cause my trigger wire doesnt have enough current to switch it..... it has enough to switch an amp and a crossover... but not enough for my other amp as well... which is why i wanted the relay... but it also wont switch the 2nd amp when it is wired in just by itself.... so it seems my second amp and the relay need a higher current.....

Johnnie5
22-07-2007, 04:23 PM
sounds strange

ok how about using a relay as a trigger for all of the amps ?

ozzy1100
22-07-2007, 06:33 PM
the trigger c output from yr head unit is only rated in milamps
but most things dont need much 2 trigger them so it dose sound strange
but my rule used 2 be after 3 things 2 trigger use a relay easy and cheep
i have had people bring me cars 2 fix where they tried 2 run a amp off the
trigger wire lets just say it frys the head unit lol

saiken
22-07-2007, 08:37 PM
mmmmm i fixed the problem by using an accessory wire as the trigger.... generally not a problem but my h/u can turn on without the ignition on..... but now they wont have sound =D!
anyways thanks for all your help guys... not really a big issue for me though as i just want to get the car in 1 piece again and all nice. then wait out 18 months or so and see how life on a bike goes, then decide if ill have both or just one =D. im hoping for just the bike.