PDA

View Full Version : Corporal Punishment NZ style

NZSF1
31-07-2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/73168561039538.jpg

Gidday fighter pilots! I am a founding member of NZStreetfighters you can visit us at www.nzstreetfighters.com. We are an online shop, a forum, and there is an NZstreetfighter club too. There have been plenty of ASF members signing up lately so I thought I would do the same and join in your madness too.

Here is a pic of my bike, it started life as an 85 GSX750s katana (pop-up headlight model) but now its just the corporal! It has a VFR400 single swing arm and rear wheel, TL1000 tail section, RF600 front end, R1 front guard, acerbis headlight, drag bar and lots of anodised bolts from Pro-bolt. I also have a Ducati 916 rear wheel to graft on if I can nut out the clearance issues. The paint is custom from NZSF and the pipes are also one custom jobs. Its not the fastest bike in town but draws the crowds which I like.

ozzy1100
31-07-2007, 11:03 AM
wellcom nz
1? dose the pipes going that close 2 the carbs cause any probs

BANDITROD
31-07-2007, 11:05 AM
hi mate welcome i think slamdog is a member of that forum is he not

NZSF1
31-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes Slamdog is a member of our forum, he is also president of the NZStreetfighter club, and a sick man on the rear wheel!

Hey ozzy110, yes there are a few issues with the pipes and carbs. 1st is I run pod filters which are bloody hard to tune at the best of times on these types of carbs and a contributing factor could be the pipes being so close that the air taken into the carbs is hotter than it should be. The bike spits and farts when the throttle is full open in top gear and your trying to increase speedm around the 130 -140 mark, it seems to go fine if you hold it longer in the rev range through the gears and avoid the full open in top gear. The bike doesnt have a rev counter so I have to ride by ear and feel and guess its rev limit, I'm sure I ride it lower in the rev range than it could be ridden.

Gix11
31-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey Tony. Welcome aboard mate. Have a good nose around in the "Your Ride" section to get a feel of what's popping up over here and with our overseas members.

damo1
31-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi:D

Tone
31-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Hello Tony,welcome.
Nice lookin machine ya got there.

Iceman
31-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Welcome aboard Tony. Didn't I see you bike in the readers ride section of Streetfighter Magazine a couple of months ago?

Jockney Rebel
31-07-2007, 06:02 PM
hi tone good site you got there ..whos the guy makin/sellin the s/s cans ?

NZSF1
31-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! I have started to look around the site but like all good bike forums its gunna take a while, real easy to get hooked up in good read or pick up a bit of advice.

The bike was in the readers rides of the december 2006 issue of streetfighters. I bought the bike on trademe.co.nz from the south island sight unseen and then found out it was in the SF mag which was still on the news stand here. I was stoked when it arrived to find out it had been built properly and not hacked together. It has a few dramas like older bikes do but its a complete hoot to ride!.

We get a guy called Paul Sloper in Dunedin to make our cans, he makes them to your specs and does a bloody nice job! And the price is affordable too.

Jockney Rebel
01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
ta tone i see my little /big brother has finally introduced himself to you lot over there

NZSF1
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Cheers for the comments guys. Yea franken your bro has signed which is all good, we dont have any members in the south island yet but hopefully that will change. I've got a ZX12-r too that I will post in the readers ride section.

zx12argh
01-08-2007, 06:06 PM
G'day Tony - welcome aboard mate - glad to see another zx12r getting around mate.

NZSF1
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
The ZX12 is a complete blast to ride and fantastic 2up, but it is a bit on the big side for me only being 1.75cm and a strong wind would bloody near blow me over at the lights! But I always come home grinning.

slamdog
04-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Shit there goes the neighborhood [:0] now I have to find another site to [V] hang out in lol;)

Jockney Rebel
04-08-2007, 04:25 PM
darren just taked to me bruv,,,,,,, your expected just give him a bell first ...

slamdog
05-08-2007, 06:56 AM
sweet as mate thanx for that frankenbiker. I was only being smart about staying with him, but if he's happy to meat up that would be sweet, I will defiantly contact him. Its not till feb any way.
I will post it up on the nzsf site but if you are talking to him again if he is up in the north island he has a place to stay here if he needs at any time.

NZSF1
06-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh well it was only a matter of time! and it was the ASF guys that gave it away..

Jockney Rebel
06-08-2007, 07:02 PM
no wurries darren ...he d be glad mate dunno if he ll be there in feb his work takes him about a bit but either get in touch with me or him
tony [nz] how do i order/pay for 2 of these cans then ?

NZSF1
07-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Send me the drawing of the cans to tonyn@nzstreetfighters.com in word or something similar. You can then pay directly into my NZ bank account or probably use paypal or you could send me a cheque. I'm still awaiting a reply to see how long it will take him to see if it will work in with your bro crossing the ditch.