PDA

View Full Version : Carb settings

DANGER DAVE
18-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Just wondering if any one can help i have 98 zx9r streetfighter but with the ram air removed it keeps droping a cyclinder when its cold when its warm it runs fine any advice would be very helpfull

qickdraw
18-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Err, hello. Welcome to the forum Mr. Dave. I'd suggest popping over to the 'Welcome to the madness' section quickly to introduce yourself before asking any more.
At least you aren't trying to sell anything.....

Hillsy
18-07-2007, 03:33 PM
G'Day Dave - I see you've said hello ;)

There's a lot of variables with taking off the ram air on the Kwakas. Because the intakes from the airbox face forward, you can still get some passive boost into the box even with all the fairings and scoops removed (which can muck up your mixtures). I ended up keeping some small scoops and re-routed the balance pipe to the airbox to keep things in check.
But without seeing your set-up (have you re-jetted?, dyno'd?) it sounds like you probably just need a new set of plugs [?]

Show us some pics so we can get a better idea mate.

Welcome aboard.

EXBEN
18-07-2007, 04:07 PM
The ram air has no effect while your warming up your bike.( unless your riding it)
Sounds like you need to ballance your carbs & maybe like Hillsy said a new set of plugs.

cutcat
18-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Dave if you have tried to fix the ram-air problem by adjusting your needle height I bet you would have mis-aligned a diaphram while reassembling. It is easy to do and makes the bike run on 3 until high in the revs. Check it out.

DANGER DAVE
19-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Cheers for the advice i'll have a play with it this weekend and see i can do.