PDA

View Full Version : 7/11 in Perth

Gix11
30-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Sorry boys, don't know if this one is too late as it's another of those emails that went missing but here is a post from Alec from mid last month:

I have a bike for sale in Perth. Hope you can list in your classifieds. Details below:

Alec's 7/11

Sadly my pet project needs a new home. It’s taken a long time to collect everything I need (try finding an unabused 1127 engine these days) but it’s all there – nothing to spend (other than a battery, oil and a bit of easy labor to get the girl up and on her feet). My plan was to use her as a strong, easy to use (no coolant to worry about!) track bike but having limited time at the moment has conspired against me so rather than sit there, someone should have the opportunity to blow out a few cobwebs and use her as she well and truly should be!

Essentially I chose the best of the GSX-R oil cooled chassis (L) and the best of the bulletproof, stump-pulling GSX-R 1100s (M). Engine is installed into the chassis and all that is essentially required is to wire up the alternator and starter, fit the exhaust, hook up the TL hydraulic clutch, add oil and you’re ready for the track/strip (if that’s what you want to do).

If you want to put it back on the road as the ultimate Street Fighter (etc.), I have ALL road gear, fittings, mountings, brackets, lights, gauges, wiring loom, airbox, etc.

Unfortunately, to those that just want the awesome 1127, I want to sell it as a job-lot so the negotiable price is all inclusive.

General Details

GSX-R750L chassis (straight, un-crashed)

GSX-R1100K 1127cc motor (standard, strong and low km)

Worked 38mm Mikuni CVs (drilled slides, jet kit, etc.)

Paired K&N filters

Hoey Racing rebuilt shock
USD front

TL1000R clutch master cylinder and lines
Billet engine mounts

New 4-1 Pipeline headers/gaskets

Megacycle pipe
Custom tacho mount

I also have virtually a full set of spare fairings including spare (rust free and undented) fuel tank, gaskets, o-rings, etc., etc..

Colour: Blue/white (spares mainly white/black)
Year: 1990/91
Price: AU$5,250 ono
Phone: 0437 642-544
email: phone