PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who hasn't owned this yet?

Iceman
28-06-2007, 12:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-Katana-1100_W0QQitemZ290132759934QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10268 7QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

suxukifreak
28-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Thats what you call the LOCAL BIKE.

The photos are from Ozkats place also.[:0]

Gix11
28-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Yea, I was about to say that. The awesome <s>Gayzer </s>Lazer is in the background. Wonder why it keeps getting sold on? Keeps getting more expensive as well. Shayne was offering it for $6k and he would have got it for less than Popcorn was asking which was $6k because Shayne is the Tassie Trader.

fimpBIKES
28-06-2007, 12:46 PM
holy price tag batman!!!!

nice kat though.... DROOL

fimpBIKES
28-06-2007, 01:00 PM
nah, i dont want it
it has a "used" front end :(

Tony Nitrous
15-07-2007, 12:45 PM
:D

Wonder if it still has cocktail sticks as speedo and rev counter needle's ?

Wonder if the frame is still black but silver at the headstock ?

Wonder if....... no, I better not..;)

Razorback
15-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Well I own it right now and yes it still has all of the above. Im not really happy with waht it was presented to me as and what it really is.... but Im not a whinger so....

The good.... Its got a bloddy sweet motor and it goes really well... Its a head turner and when everything is working properly its quite a pleasure to ride. You wont need to paint it and that is always a big saving. The paint is 98% perfect and would only need $100 worth of touch ups if you even want to bother because the little dings are very un-noticeable.

The bad..... Its a rough diamond... it needs someone who genuinly wants a Kat project to take it on. It needs pulling down and doing again properly this time!! Something is definately screwy at the front end I agree... I have messed with handlebar positions and had the forks serviced and it is now 85% better than it was but still something is not right... I think youd need to take it to a suspension guru and take the advice your given....Frankly I just wasnt up to it mentally... I just couldnt be fagged...

So on the other hand Im not BS artist or a dreamer... I want $4500 for it and that is a very realistic deal for what it is. Id say whoever ends up with it is looking at $800 to get it on the road including a rear tyre. Then about $1500-$2000 to get it to a stage where you could have some pride in it. Email me if you care :)