PDA

View Full Version : Sonic says Hiya!

SonicBird
21-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Hello!

I've had a slap on the wrist and a verbal thrashing from Sharky (cheers for that!) for not introducing myself before posting in the 'for sale' thread... [:I]

So we're Lisa and Shaun, newly imported from the UK last October.. now freezing our bits off on the Sunshine Coast.. man it's cold up here!!

Shaun builds bikes (mainly chops) in his "Shed of Miracles" although I'm giving him a challenge of a streetfighter for me.. so that should be fun. Ideally I'm looking for a 600 Blandit or a GSX 750 something not too big and heavy (coz I'm only small). But need to sort out some $$ first...

I used to work for the BBC as a Studio Director... now I'm a bond cleaner (not James Bond :D) running my own business. Funny how life turns out...

We brought a Z650 chop with us from UK, and still haven't got it on the road thanks to QLD transport! It's a long story. There are some pix on www.creationcustoms.co.uk of the chop.. it's the bright green beauty with the mental exhaust, all built by Shaun! And he's got a VT1100 on the jig at the moment..

Anyway I'd best Rev Off...

Catcha
Sonic x

sharky
21-06-2007, 10:39 AM
quote:I've had a slap on the wrist and a verbal thrashing from Sharky [B)]

You know it was 'all done in the best possible taste'....
.............Goes to stand in corner..

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/11799892921984.gif

ozzy1100
21-06-2007, 10:46 AM
wellcom 2 qld sonic dont worry you be saying how hot it is by the end of the yr lol

Gix11
21-06-2007, 11:31 AM
If she's been here since October I reckon she'd already know that mate. Welcome aboard Lisa, as I said in the email, no worries with putting the advert in, I'll do ther main for sale page soon.

As for that 650, that's one radical exhaust and tank on that bad boy. Nice work.

I had a few friends that worked for the BBC as well, years ago. I was contacted on a few BBC jobs with Willy Rushton (who called me a hippy) as well, but that seems like a lifetime ago (and considering he's been dead for 11 years now that really was a while ago).

SonicBird
21-06-2007, 03:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

If she's been here since October I reckon she'd already know that mate. Welcome aboard Lisa, as I said in the email, no worries with putting the advert in, I'll do ther main for sale page soon.

As for that 650, that's one radical exhaust and tank on that bad boy. Nice work.

I had a few friends that worked for the BBC as well, years ago. I was contacted on a few BBC jobs with Willy Rushton (who called me a hippy) as well, but that seems like a lifetime ago (and considering he's been dead for 11 years now that really was a while ago).

Blimey ... Willie Rushton - that brings back some childhood memories.. he used to read Jackanory on the tv many many many moons ago!

I guess the Hippy reference no longer applies?! :D

You won't catch me moaning about how hot it is... not in my nuclear bunker of a house! I reckon it'll be really cool in here in the summer... it better be, I'm not suffering these freezing temps now, to be too hot in the summer.. no way.

SonicBird
21-06-2007, 05:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

quote:I've had a slap on the wrist and a verbal thrashing from Sharky [B)]

You know it was 'all done in the best possible taste'....
.............Goes to stand in corner..

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/11799892921984.gif

Forgiven!

Jockney Rebel
21-06-2007, 05:27 PM
hiya sonic had a quick look on the site nice work ...we ve been here for a couple now [years that is] and im getting acclimatised now coz im a jock and i feel coldish ....this winter but i just look at the pics from dec in london and i feel a lot warmer:}

Iceman
22-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Welcome aboard Lisa and Shaun.

sfoc711uk
22-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Hiya sonic welcome,Did you ship the chop over with other items or seperatly and if so how much was it just for the bike.As i have a couple to hopefully bring over.

SonicBird
22-06-2007, 07:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by sfoc711uk

Hiya sonic welcome,Did you ship the chop over with other items or seperatly and if so how much was it just for the bike.As i have a couple to hopefully bring over.

We brought in our container with the rest of our stuff. It was the last thing to be loaded. If i can find the photo's I'll post one of it. Shaun made a crate for the bike.. the stupid shipping co said it had to be wood (???) so not being one to do as he's told ;) he made one at his workshop out of metal, custom made to fit the bike.. and now it's a work bench in the garage (the crate not the chop!) clever sod!

You have to get import approval for each bike you're gonna bring with you... (just checking you know that) costs $50 for each approval.

We're not experts but if you want to ask any questions just message me.

Cheers'en
Sonic

sfoc711uk
22-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks for that it clears something else for me.As for the crates i was gonna use ones from work which the bikes from suzuki come in.They are steel but would be lighter than wood so i cant see there problem.I suppose i could then clad it in wood.

sharky
22-06-2007, 08:08 AM
The customs here won't like wood......Remember you can't bring in anything that could contain bugs. I had to air-line clean all my power tools (carpenter by trade)and then sprayed them with wd40.

SonicBird
22-06-2007, 03:06 PM

The customs here won't like wood......Remember you can't bring in anything that could contain bugs. I had to air-line clean all my power tools (carpenter by trade)and then sprayed them with wd40.

aaahhh takes me back to Sept 06... tool cleaning and WD40... those were the days.. ;)

NOT!

So Sharky .. are you another import?

Gix11
22-06-2007, 03:47 PM
A lot of us are Sonic........

sharky
22-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes mate, been here about 2 1/2 years now. Imported a wife as well.
We'll be off to Brissy. Where abouts are ya's ?

Watto
22-06-2007, 04:59 PM
gday fellas

Sharkys right - don't use wood - the new rules are that you have to either have your cargo fumigated with methyl bromide or similar and be able to provide a fumo cert to quarantine on arrival or all wood needs to be heat treated to 56 deg C and then marked with the intl quarantine stamp to say it has been done

Worse case scenario at this end is that quarantine/customs can turn your shipment around and send it back where it came from (at your expense)

SonicBird
22-06-2007, 05:20 PM

Yes mate, been here about 2 1/2 years now. Imported a wife as well.
We'll be off to Brissy. Where abouts are ya's ?

Near Australia Zoo is the best description.. Beerwah - what a superb name for a place.. Beer-Wah!!

I knew the Aussies wouldn't have thought of Streetfighters... *runs for cover* [:p]

So where are you now? Where abouts in the Motherland are ya from? Sharky and Gix?

Sonic

sharky
22-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm from 'darn sarf'..Worthing, nr Brighton. The wife is from 'totnam, norf london mate'

Jockney Rebel
22-06-2007, 06:30 PM
sarf est lonon me woolwich via glasgow!

SonicBird
22-06-2007, 09:02 PM

I'm from 'darn sarf'..Worthing, nr Brighton. The wife is from 'totnam, norf london mate'

We used to live in Saaafhampton or Scummer as the locals call it! Although I'm originally a Cornish maid.. and Shaun's from Bournemouth!

Jockney Rebel
23-06-2007, 03:50 AM
ahhh Bournemouth..... Gods waiting room :}

BOHEMION
23-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Welcome aboard!!! Lisa and Shaun I'm also Sunny Coast way, about 15 mins south of Beerwah. Cold it is, went surfin after work today. Your VERY close to some of the BEST roads on the Sunny Coast!

evad
23-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Welcome Shaun and Lisa, Shaun must be a top bloke, he has a zed 650, all the really good blokes have one of them :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Im in Redcliffe, Brissy

Jockney Rebel
23-06-2007, 11:28 PM
ere dave hows the Zed comin along ? was it u i saw on video with it on a dyno ?

Gix11
24-06-2007, 08:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by SonicBird

So where are you now? Where abouts in the Motherland are ya from? Sharky and Gix?

Sonic

I was born and bred in Cheltenham, Glos. Worked out I was in the wrong place and I've been here for about 12 years. Been living on the Gold Coast since.

evad
24-06-2007, 09:35 AM
HI Jim,Zed is running ok, bit if an issue with noise from the ignition system causing rpm spikes (Misses)at 4k but I nearly have it right, need to get it done so that I can spend the spare time I get between working on the house and work on the GPZ900 fighter project, :(
Sorry to hear that you have problems with your CB9, have you got the head off of it yet?