PDA

View Full Version : Mass Exodus?

MDM
20-06-2007, 05:26 AM
When I first drifted in here a few months ago I got the impression that there was a handful of streetfighting Brits heading to the Antipodes to live a new life, and good luck to them...
Well, over the last couple of weeks, I've got to feeling that someone's trying to tell me something...
I start geting regular emails from a Aussie (Matt) who's doing a Euro trip with his SP1, inc the TT (feck nose where he got my emither address from though)...
I hear of all the Aussies going to the TT...
A chap who had a feature bike in the mag tells me hin & his family are off downunder like 'now' (Hello Tim if you're in here yet)..
I hear loads of Aus accents on the Island, but don't catch up with Si or Large...
I see three Aussie-plated bikes, none of them are Matt...
Out of the blue, one of my wife's old schoolmates calls by. Her & her fella moved to Aus about 12 years ago and they called in as they were passing!
Starting to feel like I'm in Aus cos that's the accent I've been hearing most! Am I being slowly but surely indoctrinated?
Can I work from home with home being on the opposite side of the planet?

sharky
20-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Yes :D

zx12argh
20-06-2007, 08:07 AM
one of us.... one of us......

sharky
20-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Would it mean we would get the latest copies of S'fighters a bit quicker :( ;)

Gix11
20-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Dave, I do work for a bunch of English businesses and I'm over here. This is the age of the tinternet mate. Let's face it, what do you do in your office that you couldn't do from over here? And if someone needs to see your mug just flip the Skype on mate, and there you are in wonderful technicolour for them to see (with the sun behind you for a change). The only thing is that we're 10 hours ahead, but that's a small price to pay having to wander into your computer room to talk real time to England between beers/bbq/pool.

Talking of Aussies at the TT, when me and Stodge got to the ferry at Heysham we were early considering the ferry left at 3am so we hit the pub just by the port there. Before long the place was packed and the majority of the group was Aussies chanting "Aussie Aussie Aussie" and singing Bat out of Hell on the cheap Karaoke machine. It was like being in Surfers Paradise on a Friday night! The first night at Jaks bar and I walk in to be greeted by a guy from Dubbo and a guy from Sydney - neither who I knew but they knew me. The list goes on mate, but you get the idea.........

Which one would you prefer mate:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/98282753435514.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/98282753452335.jpg

MDM
20-06-2007, 04:59 PM
:D
Looks like I ain't got a reason to stay... [:o)]

Jockney Rebel
20-06-2007, 05:05 PM
go on you know you wanna ;]

alfiestorm
20-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I have just done it and lovin it even if i am in slightly chillier adelaide area.

You know you want to

BOHEMION
20-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Do it mate,

In your own words, Page 3 - issue 157 of the bible "Emigration has never looked more inviting" [8D][8D]

Iceman
21-06-2007, 12:44 AM
And to think, that 220 years ago it was a punishment to be sent here. lol Thats funny I reckon.

Rocket
21-06-2007, 01:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Would it mean we would get the latest copies of S'fighters a bit quicker :( ;)

^^^ teeheehee ^^^

Jockney Rebel
21-06-2007, 01:28 AM
look Dave all yev gotta do is nick an apple from yer local del boy stall holder and theyll send u out here gratis mate

MDM
21-06-2007, 02:44 AM
Okay, okay, I get the hint! :D

Gonna put some serious thought into it. Won't be an overnight decision either!
You lot have gotta realise that I'm in my dream job [8D], and one that necessitates that I'm here in the office on a regular basis. There's also the fact that my other half has a 12 year old son who regularly sees his dad, so that adds another factor into the equation.
Although I think that my wife would head out tomorrow if she got the chance... Actually, that's not quite true. Her mate who called in the other day lives in QLD (I fink) and she's in Blighty for another week or so, so it'd not be until then! :D

As long as you keep reminding me... ;)

Rocket
21-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I would suggest getting work to pay for you to come across and cover the next fools run, then you can take a few extra days to look around.

The boy's dad probably wouldn't be too happy though, I know I wouldn't be if my ex decided she was moving to another country and taking my young bloke with her.

cavey
30-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Only thing that holds me back is my mother in law, the mrs wont leave her. I was nearly over for a long look around last year as was between houses with the equity sitting in the bank but it didn't happen n have just bought another house. Maybe next year!

Gix11
30-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Next year never comes mate. Heard it many times. Just grab the bull by the horns and run with it. You only get one life.

Jockney Rebel
01-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Si s right you gotta 'just do it ' i had a lot of misgivings about comin here and id never been here just came on appro got a job within 2 weeks and never looked back and i mean never ...i miss my family but im workin on gettin my bros out here [one of ems in NZ] and my parents .
i just heard today they found 2 mercs full of gas bottles and nails in central london ...it just hardens my resolve to stay ..i can actually have a retirment here when im 60 and live fairly comfortably
mortgage paid an all that and i came here with nothin no equity from a house just 1200quid in my back pocket..........do it but be an aussie when you do ...dont be a typical brit abroad

exile
01-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Im coming over next year for a month to check it all out. I might plan it with the AFR as a kneez up but i wanna see what its really like day to day to make concise decision. This has been on my mind for a while now (bit like Holly Vallance in a school girl uniform and pig tails:D) so i just gotta do it

Jockney Rebel
01-07-2007, 11:29 AM
not a bad idea....see you then

exile
01-07-2007, 09:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

not a bad idea....see you then

Holly Vallance or visiting Oz :D

Jockney Rebel
01-07-2007, 10:42 PM
the oz bit cant promise the vallance connection lol