PDA

View Full Version : life and work in downunder

badvan
13-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes still keen on it°!

Isn't there any employer who needs a streetfighter/custombike builder?
My daily work is as the quality department. Im the deputy department manager. My wife works as a structural (engineering) draftswoman.

I searched a lot of forums and sites in the www but didnt find anything.

So please rescue me!!!!!!!!! :D

zx12argh
13-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I know for a fact your wife wouldn't have much problem getting well paid work... Unfortunately bike building is still a fairly small scene in Australia.

Why not start your own business?

badvan
13-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Its not a "must be" to work as a mechanic.
I would do also other jobs, that isnt a problem for me..

Starting my own business sounds good! But there is a small problem... Called Money!

I dont want get rich! I want to have fun on the road! I love the sun and i hate the cold and rainy weather here. I also like BBQ's and cold beer!
And i know i have to work for this !

Gix11
17-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Ralf, trust me, you won't walk into the job you want when you get here, but if you're willing to take shit for a year or two you will land on your feet mate. I cleaned fucking school toilets, chopped wood, put up signs before I got myself sorted. It will happen if you want it to. Sorts the men from the boys. If one of you can get a job to get you started you're on your way.

Frankie
17-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi Badvan,

I didn't know your keen on going to Australia.

I can give you some hints at Butze's Party if you like...

Gix11
17-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey Frankie. How's the Motherland treating you? Did you part with the Spondon?

badvan
20-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Frankie ok lets talk at butzes party. Nice to meet u in Spielbach last weekend°!

Gix yes u r right! and i know i wouldn't be easy! But i dont want to wake up on my 50b-day and think about things i never did.

BillyWhizz888
21-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Badvan

I have many contacts......

you and your wife would get snapped up in WA

and there isnt an official custom builder over here ;)

just us fuggin nutters [^]

send me your e-mail address

badvan
21-06-2007, 10:49 PM
mel u got mail ;)

badvan
17-10-2007, 03:57 PM
lost contact mel...
was busy last months..
but still want to migrate..

Frankie
18-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Hi Badvan,

How are ya! How is the Spondon coming along?

Mate, I don't think to get work is the problem for you. I think the problem is for you to work and stay legally in australia.
I am sorry to say that.

Us, from an non- commonwhealth background have to do it the hard way- a full blown permanent resident visa application. Including an english test, need to have some money, a occupation they have got a need for, bla, bla. (You better hurry up, 'cause the older you are, the less point you'll get.)

It is very hard to find a sponsorship from an aussie company. Unless you have some special skills which no aussie has got (or at least the company will say so towards the authorities).

Or! You get your ass down here and get a woman to merry you. Even than, you have to leave Australia again and apply for an visa from Germany. Then, it is likely that you get a visa.

Another option is a business visa. But then you need $$$$ and already a registered company etc.

You can get a tourist visa where you are allowed to work. But they are valid only for a year or so.

The aussie goverment is not like the german gov, which let's everyone into the country as long as they had a german shepperd.

I am another 3 weeks in Germany. If you like, give me a call on:
017 1846 2696

I hope that something will work out for you... :)

BillyWhizz, once I am back, we have to get together sometime...

Gix11
18-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Good to have you back Frankie. The WA boys are going off over there. You'll have to join in.

Frankie
19-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks Gix!

In Europe, the winter is coming in strong ya know... time to leave.

Seriously, it didn't work out but never mind.
'Cause life is too short for not trying.
Besides, there is nothing wrong with Auschtralia, mate.

Yeah. Once I am back, I will give BillyWhizz a call. Let's see what those Girls are up to.

Smell you later [xx(]

alfiestorm
19-10-2007, 08:48 AM
badvan
Get your visa(s)sorted one way or another and get yer arse over hear it is fuggin awesome.
It leaves europe for dead theres so much room and the weather is superb even in winter here in Adelaide area the coldest it got down to was 12c during the day that was only for about a week or two at the very most and it is sunny most of the time.
The polished alloy on my gixxer has stayed polished with minimal effort not like back in england where it is a constant battle to keep shiny and corrosion free

I have been here since 8th of June this year and lovin it.

Hope it goes well for you

badvan
19-10-2007, 04:46 PM
i give u a call frankie!

Alfi nice to hear! Will visit aus in may or june... then i will check my options