PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle- WTFlood?

fimpBIKES
09-06-2007, 03:32 PM
hi all

just letting u know that the 2006 Best/Worst shed is still standing
and i think i got off pretty light

havent been to check out the ship in at Nobbys Beach yet
but its meant to be pretty wierd to look at!

anyways, im currently drying out most of my powertools
i was up in nelson bay til midnite but the water-level here was pretty high for a bit
i have a big cardboard box in the shed that managed to float its way from one end of my shed to the other!!!

and its come in under the doors on my torana (which is up in the driveway off the road

the Hunter river is meant to shit its pants with all the water running into it at midnight, breaking banks etc
so i shall be sitting by having a nice bottle of wine i think, not much else ya can do!!! LOL

anyone else get into any fun and games?

my biggest moment happened on industrial drive near old BHP at about midnight
flying along in the campervan at 80kph (thats the speed limit, probably the only time i have ever done it through there!!)

suddenly there are a couple of cones across the road
drove between em and im plowing my way through about 2 feet of water :(
GO GO GO!!!! kept my bow-wave up, it went for a few hundred meters but i managed to get to high ground
brakes didnt work too well at the next corner though [:0]

think some poor bastards came off worse though
the water was down when i got home, but the park across the road has cars randomly placed in it
poor bastards probably got washed up there :D

gonna bring the tig in from shed and put it in front of the heater!

later ;)

chopiesel
09-06-2007, 03:52 PM
have i missed something? not been watching much news of late.

Rocket
09-06-2007, 04:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopiesel

have i missed something? not been watching much news of late.

Heh, yeah you could say that Chop.

Hope everything is allright Fimp. I guess the insurance companies will be busy for a while.

fimpBIKES
09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
had some caraazy weather here dude

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/stricken-ship-appears-intact/2007/06/09/1181089370128.html
(thats about a couple of hundred meters from Newcastle city centre!)

chopiesel
09-06-2007, 04:46 PM
wow what a silly place for a jet ski

Phill
09-06-2007, 05:59 PM
heh heh my next door meighbour put his "bling" hyundai in for a service and got a call late yesterday to tell him it was floating in the workshop and the insurance assessor has written it off!
the creek at the back of my property has finally crossed the banks so i have about 6 - 8 inches of water in the yard but no worries so far! (touch wood)
Im blocked on as all the roads in / our of here are cut. glad ive got gaas heating and cooking as the power keeps going our for a couple of hours too.
What a way to spend a long weekend.

dazz
09-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Frasers at N/C had headlights and handlebars only above water level right through the place.

CHEAP HARLEYS:D

jakam04
09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by dazz

Frasers at N/C had headlights and handlebars only above water level right through the place.

CHEAP HARLEYS:D

Well now they can be treated like they should be.... Painted grey and sold to the Navy as anchors.....

Jarrod

loosebruce
09-06-2007, 11:46 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/34343129613901.jpg

Should've hung a couple off that big red boat on Nobby's beach

Zed14
10-06-2007, 08:11 AM
i came out of bhp at 7pm and went through 4 feet of water out the front of tubies. as i was going through it in the truck the bow wave was huge as i wasnt going slow so my load didnt get wet. there was a car parked in there with water almost to the roof and i thought nobody would be in that so i went past and as i did the wave off the front picked up the car and off it floated down the road. then the headlights flashed. there was someone in there they must have been shitting bricks. not a bad night though.

ozzy1100
10-06-2007, 01:19 PM
send some off that rain up this way would you...
really hope all is well for all you down there

chopiesel
10-06-2007, 02:28 PM
if it breaks apart and spills oil everywhere, fimp you should ride the tl down there and in you best mick dundee voice say "thats not an oil leak...this is an oil leak"

Slingblade
10-06-2007, 04:17 PM
My garage floor is covered in mud. Didnt make it into the house thank fuck. Have had no power since Friday 11PM. Not sure when it will be restored. Its nice with an 18month and a 6 month old. Keep in mind i am in the middle of Charlestown, not out in a rural area.

Cannot complain though. Ten doors up has a gum tree through the second story of his house and others are missing roofs.

I went to see the newest edition to Nobbys beach today. What a surreal sight that is!!

fimpBIKES
13-06-2007, 06:22 PM
just trying to sort out the shed

from what i can gather on the walls etc the water-level in there must've peaked at about 5-6inchs

anyways, i had some stereo stuff in one corner that is soaked
anyone know how to dry out a car stereo head-unit??

should i open it up and just leave it for a few days u think?

i am getting my tig checked out by a mate who's work is getting all its welders checked
so he is just gonna sneak it in there ;)

and all the wet power-tools have been turned over
teach me for having a holy shed!!!

BANDITROD
13-06-2007, 06:36 PM
i have had a car stereo soaked before you can just pull it apart and let it sit and it will be fine fimp:D

ozzy1100
13-06-2007, 06:57 PM
i had a car sound biz and yes you can pull apart and let dry
just make shore you leave it dry fully before trying it at all
sometimes they work sometimes they dont but good chance that it will if you
get it dry

fimpBIKES
13-06-2007, 07:11 PM
thanks blokes, shall do

dont need to use it just yet (its for my van i have been doing up for the last 3years!)

Booster
13-06-2007, 11:58 PM
I have had to rescue my phone several times probably work the same for other electrical (low voltage) stuff
shake out as much water as you can and put it in metho, the metho and water mix easily, diluting the water then drain and dry, metho drys out quickly.

Jockney Rebel
14-06-2007, 02:07 AM
i had no power for 3 days so.... went to borrow a genny and when i got back ....theyd turned it back on again. no floodin down on the penisula [well not near me ]but i was on call all weekend and got to see some crazy stuff like half of Wisemans ferry road ....just gone, fell into the creek my thots are with the relatives of the family that was lost there..the old bills turned it into a crime scene
anyhoo you lot i dunno what the fuss is all about its only a bit of rain innit guv