PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: GSXR750/1100

Jazdiver
09-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Howdy all.I know this is a for sale page,but thought someone mite know of one, or know of someone on this site that mite be able to help. Looking for a gixer 750 or 1100 early 90's model ( upside down forks a must ) to start on my first fighter project. Prefer Vic, but will travel to NSW or SA for the right bike. Not keen on the whole ebay bid on something you havent seen routine, as I just came out of a very messy tribunal hearing because of just that.
Maybe a half completed project, or a completely original 90's gixer. 5So if someone has one in the shed that they are thinking about offloading, then let me know.
Oh yeah, it has to be a Gixer as well. Thanks for reading.

Benz
09-06-2007, 04:39 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/134469780170199.jpg

ER, how about this one then??
'90 modelGSXR750, with usd's, fitted with 1109cc[2mm overbore, 12.5/1 wiseco's] '88 model 1054 motor.
Has 38mm CV's, fitted with stock airbox, cable clutch conversion, the ignition has been swapped over, so the timing curve is right, and rev-limited to 10,500.
I'm looking for $4500, but transport is gonna add some bucks, as it lives in Darwin.
Registered till the end of the month, selling 'cause the 810 GPz turbo project is on the road, and the downstairs bathroom needs an influx of cash.
Engine is strong, clutch is a bit grabby,[have a spare basket, needs new steels] tyres 60%, comes with all the fairings and other crap if you want it.

Jazdiver
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the reply, and its got plenty of potential for what I want to do with it, its just the distance that is a bother, as I actually want to have a look at the bike Im purchasing. Im in Melb.Transport from Darwin to Melb would be quite a few bickies. Thanks anyway.

bensrg500
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
too bad you are not a little bit closer mate im a wall and floor tiler / waterproofer with over 100 bathroom renos under the belt im shure i could set a deal but its unlikely the ute would get me to darwin and the plane dont like that many tools, nice bike!