PDA

View Full Version : A mess in the garage now... But just wait!

mindnmetal
30-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi all,

This is just a quick introduction as i am a new member to the site.

My interest in Motorcycles started around 9 years ago when i got my licence, before then i had riden but wasn't a fanatic like i am nowadays.

My current mount is a 2004 ZX10R, little bit of work done to it, mainly cosmetic (Im sure it said on the pack add 10rwhp with rim stickers.)

The reason i am here, however, is a 1988 GSX-R 750 and an over active imagination... often hampered by budget and time. At this stage the bike is more of a mess across my garage floor than a lean mean streetfighter, but it is only the beginning of the journey.

I look forward to meeting you all and discussing crazy ideas that probably shouldn't work but we'll give it a go anyway.

Cheers,

Mindnmetal.

chopiesel
30-05-2007, 04:52 PM
hey mate welcome, dont spose you have an orange zx10 that you have some touch up paint for that you wanna send me?

Rocket
30-05-2007, 05:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by mindnmetal

Im sure it said on the pack add 10rwhp with rim stickers

So does that mean if you add 2 stickers you get 20hp ??

Welcome MM, post pics of your bikes mate.

Tone
30-05-2007, 06:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by mindnmetal

The reason i am here, however, is a 1988 GSX-R 750 and an over active imagination... often hampered by budget and time.

Cheers,

Mindnmetal.

Are you me?

Anyone with a GSXR 750 is a good bloke...except me!
Welcome,pics and plans thanks.

Iceman
31-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Welcome aboard Shannon.

WATEVR
31-05-2007, 08:06 AM
welcome to the madness mnm hope to see some pics of your rides.im a fan of the 04 zx10r and if the price is right will consider one for my next ride........

mindnmetal
01-06-2007, 12:33 PM
The ZX10R is orange... bu i dont have any touch up paint (just been ignoring the ding in the tank... Short legs + soft mud = not real happy bike owner) would have been ok too if it hadnt bounced on the crash knobs and hit the gutter.

As for the GSXR... At the moment she's being stripped down to parts. Its all being examined and whats goot is being put aside and whats not is getting put into the maybe useful for something else box.
The plan is a black naked street fighter... in the typical garage build fashion.
Plan on rebuilding the engine while its open... to what extent i havent decided yet,
shortening the rear seat to a solo unit,
Top yoke converstion,
MX style bars,
customising the original gauges and idiot lights and get it on the road utilising as much of the original bike as possible.

From there i have plans... depending on my remaining budget for a stumpy underslung exhaust,
supercharger and NOS,
custom tank (or shorten the original to move the CG forward),
back and front wheel converstions (been looking at the front end off a Buell with the ZTL brakes),
An oil cooler (in black) with braided lines (in black)... which to date i havent been able to find.

Of course the whole project is still in the planning stage. But it is starting to gain momentum...

Ill get some pics to you all later today of both bikes.

Cheers,

Shannon
(Mindnmetal)

mindnmetal
01-06-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/92997247449594.JPG

Here's the ZX10R on my way to the WSBK 2007.

mindnmetal
01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/92997247437590.JPG

And the GSXR partially stripped in my garage.

Hillsy
01-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Fighter the ZX10. You'd get more than enough money for the fairings on eBay to do the conversion.

HueyonaBlade
01-06-2007, 08:17 PM
M8 ,Cut and shut the 2 of em and you'd have a wicked fighter [:p], or just add an ass end to the ZX later on and you'd have 2 fighters :D