PDA

View Full Version : HI Finally

Balakov
26-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Howdy guys and girls my name is Roly.

I have posted here a couple times in the past but never introduced myself. I finally got the internet at home and now with the fighter well under progress i rhought i would say hi.

I am in the process of building a GSXR 750 K5 Fighter.

It all started as a minor off and i just got carried away!
I started by a total strip and numerour hours with wet and dry on the frame wheels and swingarm. I had the frame, wheels, swingarm, forks and engine painted by Spencer at APW in Brookie just round the corner from my work. The engine in a purple/blue R1 colour and the rest is an outrageous green colour which will more than likely make you vomit the first time you see it and which had Spencer and his crew calling it the Santa Clause bike cause i originally wanted to paint the motor red.

From there i put a rolling chassis together but i wasnt happy with the suspension linkage. So she came apart again and that and the side stand went to spencer to be painted black.

Back together again and i started buying parts!

Ben Shaw is a bad influence cause every time i walked into his shop i would see the Judge and just think, I want me something like that!

So after a full set of ISR six pistion callipers and switches lightened the wallet so did a full set of ABM wavey rotors to compliment!

About this time i started on a custom top triple clamp, i wont go into detail but it was a painful process dealing with 'friends' with the CNC. But it went on and looked so good im doing a chunky lower too!

I also aquired an oil cooler, headlights, brake lines, remote start, handle bars and a set unit from Ben and probally some more shit i have frogotten about.

There is still a stack that needs to be done and i am over it now i just want to ride it! So about three weeks ago i dumped it in Bens capable hands and said finish it! I have just come back from holidays and im keen to see whats happening.........probably not much since i know he has just had a little baby Comgrats Ben.

Ill see if i can rustle up some photos or maybe ben can take a snap for me.

Well thats me for now i'll keep you all updated on the progress and hope to see you on the road soon!

zx12argh
26-05-2007, 11:33 AM
mate sounds like you are well on your way - cant wait top see those photos
welcome to the madness

chopiesel
26-05-2007, 11:54 AM
hey mate welcome, had a good look over your beast the other week while up at bens, looking great so far, cant wait to see it finished.

fimpBIKES
26-05-2007, 12:28 PM
PICS!!!!!!

oh, and welcome :)

EXBEN
26-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Well it's about time you said Gday.[B)]
Yes Rolly's fighter is definately gonna look different.;)

Balakov
26-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Here are a couple of very early on pics that i found on this computer............the others are at work!

Nup cant work out how to post em!

If your a member gixxer.com you can see some of the early pics here

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124705

Since then i have put on shinny ass GSXR engraved billet engine covers

Balakov
26-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey Ben take a couple pics and put em up for everyone!:)

Gix11
26-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Welcome aboard mate. This one sounds interesting. As for posting images, read this http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562 - or if you get really stuck, send them to me or another long term member.

Balakov
26-05-2007, 10:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Welcome aboard mate. This one sounds interesting. As for posting images, read this http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562 - or if you get really stuck, send them to me or another long term member.

Would love to but i am seriously computer challenged when it comes to posting pic! I will try , thats all i will say!

EXBEN
26-05-2007, 11:00 PM
This is how the bike looks currently.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/959084692129554.jpg

EXBEN
26-05-2007, 11:01 PM
As you can see there's stiil plenty to do.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/959084692119121.jpg

chopiesel
26-05-2007, 11:21 PM
plenty to do and its still about 1000 times more finished than my poor bike!!!

that is easily the chunkiest triple iv ever seen!

Balakov
27-05-2007, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by chopiesel

plenty to do and its still about 1000 times more finished than my poor bike!!!

that is easily the chunkiest triple iv ever seen!

Mate it took me ages to get it done! Firends sux when it comes to getting things done but eventually they come through and they only charged me $400 fo it so i guess i am winning!

Balakov
27-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Yes mate there is still plebty to do! Thank god its in your capable hands!

Im going to start the next project in my garage and leave you with the golden child!

damo1
27-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Are? nice choice of colour there balakov[:0]

Docktor
27-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Looks flash as, Are ya wackin tripple fighter lights on da front ? And the pipe looks as tho it could attract a bit of unwanted blue light attention. TOPS.

chopiesel
27-05-2007, 06:54 PM
the engine look more blue in the pics than it is in real life

Iceman
27-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome aboard Roly, looks like your well on the way to having a custom fighter.

Jockney Rebel
27-05-2007, 10:46 PM
nice one mate hi...not a great fan of GREEN but its a stunning bike all the same

WATEVR
29-05-2007, 01:52 PM
hey roly that is coming along just super. that is the chunkiest triple ever! and all the green is giving it a distinct sort of look, sort of bobberish if ya know what i mean(or maybe just cause its got no seat yet!)
what with the oil cooler did they come on them standard if not what is the benefit in it?

keep up the good work and dont stop with the pics.

Balakov
29-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah the tripple is fucking sweet hey!

Nah the oil cooler is an add on. My idea of a fighter is a chunky ass front end no pointy buts up there. So hence the tripple headlights and the oil cooler to be mounted under them. Its just going to ack as a second radiator extra cooling, not really necessary but will hopefully be the look im after!

I want it to be fuckin fat up front!

zx12argh
29-05-2007, 06:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Balakov

Yeah the tripple is fucking sweet hey!

Nah the oil cooler is an add on. My idea of a fighter is a chunky ass front end no pointy buts up there. So hence the tripple headlights and the oil cooler to be mounted under them. Its just going to ack as a second radiator extra cooling, not really necessary but will hopefully be the look im after!

I want it to be fuckin fat up front!

I think I see where your going with this mate - I'm into that look - tho I'm going for tank heavy not front heavy if that makes sense...