PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Aussie Aussie.. Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear

BillyWhizz888
25-05-2007, 03:11 PM
There was I thinking the great battle chant of all you Aussies was a great way of demonstrating who you are and where you come from.........

But alas.........
it appears you have stolen it from... the bloody poms

quote todays The Worst...

The Aussie Aussie Aussie yell is derived from the chorus line of the Cornish bawdy song
"Well all go back to Oggie Land - Oggie Oggie Oggie... Oi Oi Oi
With Oggie being the Cornish name for what is known as a "Cornish pastie" (what happened to Mrs Mac's)
The song was often heard around Australian docklands in years gone by (when the Poms were landing)
and also at Rugby matches
The chorus was probably misheard by Aussies or just adapted for local use (theft)

Sits back and waits for torrents of comments and abuse from all the pastie munching people out there :D

zx12argh
25-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Mate - were are a penal colony - what the fuck do you expect [:p]

chopiesel
25-05-2007, 03:27 PM
good hopefully now no one will say it anymore

Rocket
25-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I used to think it was cool until I found out we'd ripped it from somewhere else.

gibbo
25-05-2007, 09:45 PM
pastie pastie pastie oi oi oi[:0] just doesn't have that ring:(
As for we Aussies ripping stuff off I say that is BULLSHIT:( after all Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe & the Bee Gees are fair dinkum Aussies:D right[?][?][?]

sharky
25-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Just face it 'mates'...you can't forget your true roots....

Ryan
25-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Thats fine, til you realise that the term 'POM', or Prisoner of her Majesty, was originally used to refer to Australians. Then the convicts realised they were in Australia and that the British, still stuck in the English way of doing things, were the prisoners.
We are thieves and convicts, if we like it we take it!

sharky
26-05-2007, 07:29 AM
quote:We are thieves and convicts, if we like it we take it

And you wonder why we don't let you have the real ashes trophy...;)

Jockney Rebel
26-05-2007, 05:49 PM
while we re on abbreviations [just to change the subject] free beer to anyone who can tell me where the word FUCK came from?

Jockney Rebel
26-05-2007, 05:51 PM
......as for nicking stuff we brits are THE godfathers of theft........ a third of the world to be precise[t wouldve been half if it wernt for the yanks chuckin our morning beverage in the drink

Foxy
28-05-2007, 09:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

while we re on abbreviations [just to change the subject] free beer to anyone who can tell me where the word FUCK came from?
Forceful Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. Was used in the court rooms to describe such crimes as rape