PDA

View Full Version : blasters and powder coaters help

alfiestorm
12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Right then being new to Australia does anyone know of a good blasters and powdercoater here in Adelaide area. I need to get my frame, wheels, sprocket hub, triples, brackets and swingarm done. Then it is all going to have a coat of satin clear.

So I need all that doing but I dont know where help :)

Docktor
12-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Let ya fingers do the walkin :). i got a joint here in Melb wot i went and seen yesterday and i got quoted "under 200" for frame , subframe,forks,tripples,swingarm. and some bits... pretty cheap i thought, BUt apparently they dont do sandblasting so i gotta get that done tooooo. I might just fuckin paint the shit. :).

alfiestorm
12-07-2007, 10:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Docktor

Let ya fingers do the walkin :). i got a joint here in Melb wot i went and seen yesterday and i got quoted "under 200" for frame , subframe,forks,tripples,swingarm. and some bits... pretty cheap i thought, BUt apparently they dont do sandblasting so i gotta get that done tooooo. I might just fuckin paint the shit. :).

Yeah I thought of just painting the shit but then after a couple of weeks of use it looks shit chips and flakes and all that bollox. It's only my wheels that realy need blasting as they are powder coat white at the moment

200 bucks that is cheap me thinks

Docktor
12-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah , I thought it was cheap.Think she fancied me. LOL.About 60 with no teeth and a blind seeing eye dog to boot. Looked out ovver the floor from her office and about 2264243 gentlemen of the asian persuasion were runnin around wth racks of different coloured shit. High rate,fast turnaround shop.Might still do it but not sure about forks,might make em a bit fat for the trips... ?. Got a industrial polisher but just CBF polishin stuff for myself.I do that for money,not love. LOL. White wheels are the coolest for a streetfighter tho..... HONEST..

alfiestorm
12-07-2007, 10:33 PM
fark the white wheels keeping them fuggers lookin good.

60 you say with no teeth mmmmmm what a blow job that would be :D

catchmeifyoucan
12-07-2007, 11:39 PM
just got my swingarm powder coated satin black for $70 including sandblasting, i thought that was pretty reasonable..

Jockney Rebel
13-07-2007, 12:22 AM
alfie found some toast racks check ur email

alfiestorm
13-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks frank got that.
Think he's being a bit rich with his price though playing on the nostalgia trip i reckon

sickboy
13-07-2007, 10:49 AM
I've used a mob called Delway Brass Powdercoaters,30 Conmurra ave Edwardstown 0882770603, they did a few bits for me like bar ends,rad gaurds in black ,my advice would be to go down there and have a chat with them and see if they have a sample of their work you can look at.I've never had wheels done but I would think it would be a good idea to remove the wheel bearings as once its coated they bake the wheels in an oven ,but you probably know that.Good luck.

sickboy
13-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Here's another mob that done my TT 350 yamy frame a few years ago
Steve Wickes powder coaters 555 main north road,gepps cross ,0882624676.

alfiestorm
13-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks <s>pukegirl</s> sickboy think i will be giving steve wickes a call.

WATEVR
13-07-2007, 10:58 PM
i dont think i will be of much help alfie as i am down the other end of town.