PDA

View Full Version : sizing for leathers?

BANDITROD
12-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi guys im looking a purchasing some alpinestar leathers (1 peice)
and was wondering how their sizing worked do you just measure your chest in inches and thats what size you get.[?][?]
the bike shop i went to dosnt have anything my size to try on and im not going to travel 300klm just to try on the cunts so any help would be great im 51 inches around my chest and im 6 foot 4"inches tall Thanks Rod

catchmeifyoucan
13-07-2007, 12:00 AM
you really should try them on before you buy, i tried on a fair few sets and still couldnt get the right fit, i still need to have them altered to fit properly. 300km is a long way, is there no other way, what about sizes that are to big or to small and maybe you'll get an idea of how much bigger or smaller they need to be.. its up to you, but i reckon try before you buy cos there not cheap and you'll kick yourself if you get the wrong size...

BANDITROD
13-07-2007, 11:53 AM
yeah ok i supose i would be a bit shitty if they were wrong

zx12argh
13-07-2007, 01:17 PM
hey rod - i've seen a set on a mate of a mate that he got custom made from thailand/malasia (not sure) for bloody cheap. They looked shit hot and were pretty much made to his own design.

I was half looking into it myself - Apparently they send you a data sheet with about 50 measurements to take yourself then you choose colours and designs.

If you are interested I can probably dig up the contacts for you.

BANDITROD
13-07-2007, 01:43 PM
sorry mate i just been to bike shop and they are getting a couple for me to try on from their rep if it dosnt go to plan i will let you know thanks heaps though:D

fimpBIKES
13-07-2007, 04:54 PM
hi there rod

when i bought my SHIFT leathers there werent any local ones to try on for sizing (they arent importing the model i wanted)
but they did have the jacket which was the same cut
so i tried those on and ordered based on that, turned out ok

i got my leather from US store called motostrano

they have some good deals on these alpinestars suits (1 and 2 piece) ATM
http://www.motostrano.com/stagesuit.html

BANDITROD
17-07-2007, 12:11 PM
ok guys thanks for input i got my leathers today but having never worn them before i was wondering are they always a cunt to get in and out of and do they stretch at all with continued use i got the biggest ones alpinestar make size 58 was all i could get i thought they went to 60 but i was wrong and they just feel weird and im not sure if its just the way they are or they are wrong size they said i could take them back if need be but i have to have them back by thursday so any help would be great guru's Cheers Rod

hooligan
17-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Do they feel OK when you sit on the bike?
One piece leathers always feel weird when you walk around in 'em.

BANDITROD
17-07-2007, 04:45 PM
yeah they feel good sitting on bike i was talking to a mate on the phone earlier and he said the same thanks hooligan

hooligan
17-07-2007, 11:38 PM
I bought a wolf one piece when i was in england years ago, and brought it back as carry on luggage. Great on the bike, but an absolute bastard off the bike, like walking around between sessions at a track day...

WATEVR
18-07-2007, 08:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by hooligan

Do they feel OK when you sit on the bike?
One piece leathers always feel weird when you walk around in 'em.

x2 this is the key and yes mate they will strech abit. i bet they made you go faster!!;)

BANDITROD
18-07-2007, 09:54 AM
i look like im fast anyway wont be able to test them out until my ride is finished cheers Rod