PDA

View Full Version : CammoZ vs Semi Trailer

CammoZ
19-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Had a slight "incident" on the way home from work Thursday.

For Brizzo's it was the corner of Shand and Sicklefield rds heading towards Stafford. Two lanes of traffic stopped at the lights (red) and a vacant left turn lane. I filtered up the left of the cars in the left hand of the 2 lanes heading straight...lights go green as I am about halfway along the semi (which was at the front) - gave it a tiny squirt (never got over 40kmhish) to get through only to be confronted by the truck doing a last minute left turn from the non turning lane - no indicators nothing! Last thing I remember was thinking "FUCK! A truck!!!" and jumping on the brakes - pretty sure I locked it (was never going to stop in time even if I hadn't) and next thing I knew I woke in an Ambo heading to the Royal Brisbane.

For the record - damage list to me is :

- 2 broken ribs
- bruised right lung
- bruised right kidney
- puncture in my left shin about 2cm round and deep (thankyou pillion pegs!), - all the skin off my right knee but only superficial,
- grapefruit sized bruise inner left bicep (farks me where that came from?),
- a massive right pinky (they had to cut my gold ring off it as it was three times normal size and black but not broken)
- a swollen jaw and lacerations inside my mouth from where the helmet smacked into my face on impact. (pic of helmet below)
- a sore knob (yay for catheters!) and a million needle holes.

Could have been much MUCH worse!!! Safety gear = winner!

Have not seen the bike yet but I hear it is not too bad!

SOme pics of my lovely bruises.

1st one is my right flank which I landed on - 2 ribs busted, bruised lung and bruised kidney (fuck my kidney hurts!!!!)
Second one is where the bike seemingly went across my head/neck with the pipes. It is more of a friction mark from the jacket than a burn though - the jacket however is melted in a line where it went over.
Last one is where I landed on my face (and I think a wheel may have hit me as there is a burnout on my helmet!)

What can I say = be careful out there kids and WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!!

http://usera.imagecave.com/camlarn/Bruises1.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/camlarn/Bruises2.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/camlarn/CrackedHelmet.jpg

zx12argh
19-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Jesus mate... Your fucking lucky... Since reading banditrods post about not wearing gear I've quit being lazy with mine. Its a hard habit to break tho.
http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1665&whichpage=3
Do you remember what happened mate? Did the truck hit you or was it the evasive maneuver that got you?

CammoZ
19-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeh the evasive move got me!!!!!! Not 100% sure what happened (knocked out) but pretty sure it tank slapped.

CammoZ
19-05-2007, 09:27 AM
PS - banditrod looks much worse off than me!!!! Like I said - wear your gear EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

latheboy
19-05-2007, 12:40 PM
fwark dude .. your a lucky man .. least your okish ... did you get hot nurse's

Jockney Rebel
19-05-2007, 02:28 PM
buy a lotto ticket mate....glad to hear yer ok tho gonna do the truckie for compo?

Zed14
19-05-2007, 06:06 PM
prob a good reason to never filter past a truck. cops are pretty heavy on the ipswich motorway too lately for anyone using the shoulder they have had a few and handing out tickets .

scotty mac
19-05-2007, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

prob a good reason to never filter past a truck. cops are pretty heavy on the ipswich motorway too lately for anyone using the shoulder they have had a few and handing out tickets .
i've followed bike cops a couple of times down the shoulder when i was living in brissy nothing was said just a nod as i took the exit;)
ps i agree about the gear. living up here (NQ) its farkin hot but 90% of the time i've got my jacket on...

CammoZ
19-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Franken - nah will be covered on Workers comp and bike insurance but I reckon he can pay my excess for me. ;)

Zed14
19-05-2007, 10:41 PM
why should he pay your excess when you were the one who was impatient.

suxukifreak
20-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Good to hear your sort of OK.
It allways amazes me how many people dont wear gloves. Most of the guys i know dont wear them or have them under there seat for when it gets cold. The first thing you do is put your hands out on the way down.

Speedy recovery Cammo :)

CammoZ
20-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Rex - because if he is found to be at fault (turn left from right lane, no indicators) then the insurance ruling is he pays my excess for being at fault. Really I don't care - it's like $350 and I am just happy to still be here.

suxuki - had I not been wearing carbon knuckle gloves I reckon I would have been missing at least a knuckle (going by the damage to the gloves) if not a couple of fingers.

BANDITROD
20-05-2007, 02:43 PM
ouch you poor bastard when i was in hossie everyone told me that my bike wasnt to bad but know one knows your ride like you do mate so be prepared my ride was technically a write off and the damage looked like fuck all but it adds up quick;)

CammoZ
20-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I personally hope it is written off but I was going that slow I doubt it! Small dent in the tank, trashed rear section is what I know about (on a zed thou by the way) but I would imagine the bars and levers copped it as well plus pegs, engine covers.

BANDITROD
20-05-2007, 08:06 PM
all of my injuries were the result of 90KPH which i thought was slow i took my ride to suzuki dealer which was quoted with genuine parts and it came to $6340.00 without labour and i said fuck that and fixed it myself and it cost me less than a grand with second hand parts from egay and vic bike wreckers (the tank alone was $890.00 new yet to be replaced) good luck coming off sucks big time but it happens[}:)][}:)]:D

BANDITROD
20-05-2007, 08:14 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/90286471477571.jpg
this nice little bruise came from a broken collarbone. I just got out of hossie last tuesday (had to be screwed and plated cos my collarbone was touching my left lung and 2 1/2 Inches apart)off to ballarat tues to get staples out thats my second stack this year[:p]

loosebruce
20-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Good to hear ur OK, Cammoz.
Good gear is a must.
My brother in law has a very rooted Shoei on his mantlepiece, and he is very happy to be able to walk and talk and wriggle his toes whenever he wants.
He is a bit pissed off he can't remember his helicopter ride though.

zx12argh
20-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Banditrod... you are a very pretty pretty man. If I were a chick...

I'd have to be sooo fucken drunk. [:p]

I wish I could find the photos of my knee from last year... Now that was soft tissue damage.

CammoZ
21-05-2007, 02:32 PM
B'rod - ouch!!!! Lucky you have some padding. :D

I still have no idea on my bike as I can't get it out of the tow yard until they know they are going to be paid by insurance, insurance can't say yay or nay on payment until they have the police report to say I was not drunk (breathalyzed at scene - no I had not been drinking!), police still have not returned my calls - fuckers.

BANDITROD
21-05-2007, 04:45 PM
zx12 all though im not that way inclined thanks for the offer you sick fuck[:p]

CammoZ
31-05-2007, 01:17 PM
UPDATE (if anyone is interested)

Spoke to the bike shop yesterday and it seems I managed to bounce the bike off every side apparently - insurance quote was $11'500 in PARTS ALONE (insured for $13'300). Waiting to hear from insurance now whether they will write it off or not - won't jinx it but I think they might. From what I can gather I managed to tank slap to high side it and I actually hit the bottom edge of one of the semi's wheels - damn lucky not to go under! The truck is OK though. :D

suxukifreak
31-05-2007, 03:27 PM
So are you goin to buy it back if its writen off?

BANDITROD
31-05-2007, 04:03 PM
adds up pretty quick like i said mate [:0][:0]