PDA

View Full Version : Ideas please.

Seifer
12-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey guys need to grab your ideas on two things. First off is i'll be installing a wireless remote ignition on my 7/12.To replace ignition barrel I was thinking of making up a plate and installing my idiot lights there using some LEDs, any ideas what I could make this plate out of so it slides down the hole a bit and caps the top smoothly..
Secondly I wanted to set up a oil catch can from the oil filler plug. Does anyone know where I can buy the filler cap from to handle the job ie tapable, or preferably a ready to go kit, again any ideas?

BANDITROD
12-07-2007, 09:01 PM
hey mate goodridge (john stamnas) do a kit dont know what it's worth also stu sells oil cap bolts that are fairly beefy so you would be able to drill and tap them with ease if you ring goodridge 0754477449 and ask for nick tell him Rod sent ya and he will look after ya. cheers Rod

Docktor
12-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Why not run the catch can from the breathers instead of fuckin with something that is splashin oil all over the joint inside it for ?. Hack ya keyhole bit off and install from ya risers ?. Or , grab a hunk of alloy and cut ya plate out , then see ya local friendly machinist and ask for a angled plug in alloy to be machined to fit in ya key bit and bolt em together ?

zx12argh
12-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Use plate alluminium for the idiot lights. Its cheap, light and easy to machine. Just make sure that you seal the too metals from each other other (triple clamp from plate) otherwise you can set you self up for some corrosion. If you ask nice most selling the stuff will give it too you for next to nix.

Hillsy
13-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey seifer - just a tip with the remote. Wire in a connector so that you can disconnect the remote unit if you're not riding for a few days (otherwise your battery will go flat).
I extended my ignition wiring (and connector) back down to the tail, then cut off the connector from the key unit and used that to wire up the remote. So now when I park the bike in the garage I can simply take off the seat and unplug the whole system. No need for a trickle charger.;)

Funkenfresh
13-07-2007, 02:15 PM
make a woodgrain dash!!