PDA

View Full Version : wiring

gixxer-fixxer
02-05-2007, 12:09 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/928036462104217.jpg

quote:could this be why my tacho isn't working?

zx12argh
02-05-2007, 12:27 PM
What are we looking at? My 12r has a pickup from one the leads to a cylinder. You're best bet is downloading a repair manual for your bike and checking the wiring diagram
http://www.repairmanualclub.com/home
tho i know how on older bikes the loom you got ain't the loom the bike started with ;)
its a start at least

gixxer-fixxer
02-05-2007, 12:39 PM
thanks again

02-05-2007, 09:16 PM
that dodgey earth wire aint doin any favours bro(what ever it leads to).

traviss
02-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Well what have we here . It looks like a badly insulted shit crimp on fittings ,maybe an alarm or somthing after market or a bye pass for somthing ,the little white socket with two blue wires goin in and a black cap (rh bottom of pic)looks like an in line fuse Cant see it being for the Tacho ...What are you like with electric Gixxer-fixxer..Get a manual and some decent covered solder on terminals and a $30+ butane soldering iron and a multi meter and start checking from the tacho back ..Good luck
Traviss ..

gixxer-fixxer
03-05-2007, 01:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by traviss

Well what have we here . It looks like a badly insulted shit crimp on fittings ,maybe an alarm or somthing after market or a bye pass for somthing ,the little white socket with two blue wires goin in and a black cap (rh bottom of pic)looks like an in line fuse Cant see it being for the Tacho ...What are you like with electric Gixxer-fixxer..Get a manual and some decent covered solder on terminals and a $30+ butane soldering iron and a multi meter and start checking from the tacho back ..Good luck
Traviss ..
g'day travis I'm not too bad with electronics and have a diagram now so i'll give it a go shortly.The tacho is the only thing not workin at the moment. and I do like to watch.cheers

gixxer-fixxer
03-05-2007, 02:28 AM
the only blue and green wires are for sidestand and I presume the diode is gone and this is a bypass. Will the bike not start if the sidestand is down?

zx12argh
03-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Bike shouldn't start if the side stand is down in gear and the clutch not in. HTH