PDA

View Full Version : Makes you wanna cry

WarHound
28-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Hey guys .. havent been posting a lot lately been busy ... visiting a friend in the RBH. Last week he got his new SV1000 Naked .. and he Bitchfish and myself went for his first decent ride .. we decided to head to Nebo first and just have a nice easy morning cruise before work ... On our way through on Waterworks road we stopped at the lights on the corner of WW and Ashgrove Ave .. when the lights changed fish left the line followed by bob .. who all of a sudden popped the front up .. and I dont suspect it was on purpose... he had mention a tight clutch and stiff throttle before we left but put it down to newness .. (This guys last bike was a GSXR1100 so he has had bigger machines) anyways I saw him trying to bring the bike under control but when he hit the deck he was all over the shop .. trying to save his 3 day old machine .. (I know not a good idea) the bike speed wabbles took it into the gutter spitting him off with violent speed and 6 feet into the air and into a big green sign post... spinning him in mid air and dropping him 1/2 on the path and 1/2 on the road .. the upshot .. broke both sides of his pelvis .. dislocated his hip .. shattered his femar, broke three toes and his shin bone was poking out the side of his leg.. His foot was cold so we had to straighten out the shin bone on the scene with the ambos and a good dose of morph, I had to cut the poor guys suzuki Jacket off of him .. the upside was that he had no internal and no back injuries which I can only put down to a kick ass leather jacket with body armour in .. an even one of those mini versions of the GP back / neck protectors .. Anyways 11 hrs surgery including micro surgery to repair the arteries that the bones sliced up to save his foot from being amputated and he was doing ok .. scince then he has had two more surgeries and has at least 4 to go .. 12 weeks in traction and possibley up to 18 months before he can play drums and ride a bike again. Not a lot of fun for him and I can say not a lot of fun to watch from a metre behind .. Anyways we went and took some photos from the crash spot the other day so I thought I might share .. 8)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/GSXF_750/DSC00085.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/GSXF_750/DSC00082.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/GSXF_750/DSC00080.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/GSXF_750/DSC00079.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/GSXF_750/DSC00060.jpg

TurboKat
28-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Major fucking Bummer to put it mildly. :(
Wish your mate all the best & a speedy recovery from all of us, meantime go visit him in the Hospital & watch the Moto GPs with him. With a positive attitude & lots of support from his mates, he'll be back in the saddle in no time. :)

Iceman
28-04-2007, 08:07 PM
That's no good Mark. Make sure he has a good suply of motorbike and music magazines in the hospital and let him know the first step to building a kick ass streetfighter is to crash a road bike. Hopefully he will see the funny side of it.

You know the old saying, 'chicks dig scares'.

WarHound
28-04-2007, 09:06 PM
First thing he did when he woke up .. was look at the girls and said .. in a slurred morphine ridden voise .. hey ... you wanna see what a willie looks like with a cathater in it .. then he smiled and passed out for a while .. 8) ... Then woke up a little later and said to me .. dood . i am going to be really bored in here can you loan me all your rapid and two wheels and bring me in the Ghostrider DVDs .. I have no doubt he will be riding again 8) ..

WarHound
28-04-2007, 09:08 PM
re: The funny side of it ..we already said we are going to build a fighter with him and call it Pole Dancer .. and his claim the throttle was stiff or possibly stuck .. has already earned him the nickname sticky .. but I think there will be worse to come as he recovers 8)

BOHEMION
28-04-2007, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by WarHound

First thing he did when he woke up .. was look at the girls and said .. in a slurred morphine ridden voise .. hey ... you wanna see what a willie looks like with a cathater in it .. then he smiled and passed out for a while .. 8)

HAHAHA

shit man, wish him all the best. sounds farkin nasty. I have some more DVD's if ya want em.

Jockney Rebel
29-04-2007, 12:30 AM
so ull be lookin for a drummer then .....tell him get well soon from a fellow basher ...if def leppards[id give my right arm to be in that band] drummer can do it ... just think of the publicity
seriously tho sounds very nasty and painful all the best

hooligan
29-04-2007, 09:39 AM
my surgery sounds a bit girly after reading that...

zx12argh
29-04-2007, 12:00 PM
shit mate - thats pretty fucked up... All the best for a speedy recovery.
The coppers said anything to him? - I know there was a fatal motorcycle accident just 100 metres down the road from that spot about 6 months ago.

Gix11
29-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Poor bastard. Give him Streetfighters magazine instead mate, he'll have a goal then as well. Lend him a laptop and he can waste his time on this site while he's stuck in there.

WarHound
29-04-2007, 01:26 PM
I loaned him my rapids .. dont have a laptop unfortunatley .. he is trying to hunt one out though LOL .. The bike was full comp insured and the loan was income insured so thats something .. 8) ..

WATEVR
29-04-2007, 11:38 PM
hope your mate makes a swift recovery as i know all crashes suck. show him pics of 'eddies sv1000' that was sweet

WATEVR
29-04-2007, 11:39 PM
oh shit i think someone else around here has got it now? sorry to whom every it is!!

WarHound
30-04-2007, 06:09 AM
Thats BulkBill I went riding with him a couple of weeks back ... He was full comp insured so I think he will just be looking at a new bike ... But no riding for 18 months so maybe he should by the wreck back off em .. give him something to do 8) LOL

ozzy1100
30-04-2007, 03:38 PM
shit thats hard luck war ... scares the fuck out of me 2 see blokes hurt in places i ride, it wasnt that long ago i was rideing past there myself... and 2 think i came off at 175 at the track and walked away. i feel sorry for him and i hope he is well soon. i think sticky will stick what do u guys think lol you canboo now lol

BulkBill
01-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Oh man! That is some bad sh1t. seriously.
and it was like evil de ja vu seeing the pick of the bike... you're right it looks exactly like mine (eddii's ex SV, which I'm now the owner of)... here's the link to my SV if you think it'll cheer him up:- http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/bulkbill/SV1000/
I ride past that intersection everyday. Too spooky for words
I Wish him the best, with speedy recovery and all that jazz.

WarHound
07-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Bob sent me a pic tonight of his skin graft .. its a little graphic and I know we arent all nurses here so I wont post it .. unless everyone wants to have a look .. sent it with the text .. so chunky you could carve it .. Anyways he is on his way out of traction in three weeks now and starting to mend. Another mutual friend .. from an old Email group I am told High Sided today at the paperclip .. apparently did a few ribs and knocked himself out
.. when he came to started beating on the marshals .. They had to knock him out again 8)

catchmeifyoucan
07-05-2007, 10:33 PM
post up a pic of this graft, im sure most people have a strong enough stomach..

pt
08-05-2007, 12:17 AM
yeah lets have a look. can't be worse than necrotic chronic diabetic leg ulcers:)

WarHound
08-05-2007, 06:17 AM
I think I will just post the link then its up to you whether to look 8)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/GSXF_750/Picture_0025.jpg

08-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Get him outa hospital as soon as you can & stay off the morf:Dthey are NOT safe places[:0]Last time i woke up with pnumonia(among other things)mental fitness is your best friend;)get well;)

WarHound
08-05-2007, 10:02 AM
They took him out of traction ASAP and are trying to get him up and moving quickly for that reason

pt
08-05-2007, 10:09 AM
did he get compartment syndrome and thats why it's open, or is it just lots of swelling and theyre nursing it open?

zx12argh
08-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Yowser - that looks like a world of pain. I guess at least he's getting all the funky drugs ;)